ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2284 of 3903
« First < 1284178421842234227422802281228222832284 228522862287228822942334238427843284 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 11:25 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I was referring to the protests about haircuts...good to spin it though.
Spin it? I’ve been very clear what my argument is. I’m not spinning anything.

You sure are deflecting from the overall point though.

This always was a political issue for you guys and you tried your hardest to pretend it wasn’t, but this situation has put you up against the wall and there’s no running from the truth now.
[Reply]
Donger 11:28 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
No,

But it's just a guess honestly. The lockdown in my estimation was a wasted effort considering some of the serology studies coming back.

Many more people were infected than we even knew about. So while I don't think it was effective, it not because it COULDN'T have been. But more along the lines is it was implemented months to late in my own estimation.

That being said, we will be able to compare and contrast soon enough.
Of course it's a guess, because it didn't happen. But we do have the estimates of deaths with mitigation, and without. And that estimate has been proven to be accurate.
[Reply]
kgrund 11:28 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
Regardless. People have been shamed nationwide for not complying. Nobody is being shamed now. It's not being talked about by msm at all and, while protesting that blatant miscarriage of justice would be noble IN ANY OTHER TIME, we're amid a pandemic. We either social distance or we don't. I'm an atheist, but my family is Catholic, Lutheran, or Christian and they can't attend church, but Walmart, the dope shops, abortion clinics, and now protesting is fair game.

My RFAs have been put on hold for 3 months. I'm in severe neurological pain but was told I didn't matter, but Suzy B Cumguzzler can muffle her indiscretion? GTFO
Actually protesting NOW is acceptable, but weeks ago in Michigan and other places was highly scorned for being irresponsible and selfish.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:29 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I was referring to the protests about haircuts...good to spin it though.
Yeah the difference is most people don't burn down the place when they get their hair cut. Other than that......:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 11:30 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Actually protesting NOW is acceptable, but weeks ago in Michigan and other places was highly scorned for being irresponsible and selfish.
Exactly. And we are supposed to just play along and pretend that never happened because things.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 11:30 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Do you think that the mitigation efforts have lead to fewer infections and deaths than if we hadn't?
I didn't say it didn't. I said the inconsistency and biasness is absurd

I do believe if China hadn't lied and the WHO hadn't delayed calling this a pandemic that we may have. Perhaps not sending sick people to crowded nursing homes, telling us not to wear masks, and politicizing this.

Do you believe Nancy and Cuomo telling Cali/NY to "come on down!" or stating "the only virus Americans need to worry about is Trumpism" had its intended effect? Dude, Fox news blasted msm for weeks for blowing this off. Orange man, stupidly, listened to his advisors until it was too late.

That said, the WHO and ALL other parties involved, including the Donald, really dropped the ball on this one. It took a team effort to let it get this bad.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:32 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
FALSE EQUIVALENCE
[Reply]
staylor26 11:33 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah the difference is most people don't burn down the place when they get their hair cut. Other than that......:-)
He’s being disingenuous to the point that he’s pretending that a lot of it wasn’t about people wanting to get back to work to support their families.

Wanting to support your family? Not ok.

Using a tragedy as an opportunity to loot and destroy communities? Totally fine.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 11:34 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Do you think using those terms to describe people make you a better person?
Posted on chiefsplanet.com no less. No, it doesn't, and I apologise for that childishness.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:35 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The virus distinguishes partisan differences?

Is this peer reviewed?

Or is it that righteous anger releases viral inhibitors?

School us on the science of the degrees of difference regarding morality and purpose as it relates to distancing and viral transmission.

The type of person virtue signaling during the rioting is the same type of person who would virtue signal against people not taking the virus seriously enough for their liking. So what it shows me is just how brainwashed that segment of the population is and they never cared about coronavirus at all but they sure did make you sure you heard how upset they were that you didn’t social distance enough and has the audacity to go to the park. Media tells them to sit and they say for how long.
[Reply]
Donger 11:35 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
I didn't say it didn't. I said the inconsistency and biasness is absurd

I do believe if China hadn't lied and the WHO hadn't delayed calling this a pandemic that we may have. Perhaps not sending sick people to crowded nursing homes, telling us not to wear masks, and politicizing this.

Do you believe Nancy and Cuomo telling Cali/NY to "come on down!" or stating "the only virus Americans need to worry about is Trumpism" had its intended effect? Dude, Fox news blasted msm for weeks for blowing this off. Orange man, stupidly, listened to his advisors until it was too late.

That said, the WHO and ALL other parties involved, including the Donald, really dropped the ball on this one. It took a team effort to let it get this bad.
You said it was idiocy. I didn't see your edit.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:36 AM 06-01-2020
Of course it's a guess, because it didn't happen. But we do have the estimates of deaths with mitigation, and without. And that estimate has been proven to be accurate.
That being said we don't know if the inverse would have been the same or worse. Because it would just be a guess. But again I don't know, and everything I've seen points to maybe the virus is burning out faster than we thought.

o.city posted something about it this morning
[Reply]
Donger 11:38 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
That being said we don't know if the inverse would have been the same or worse. Because it would just be a guess. But again I don't know, and everything I've seen points to maybe the virus is burning out faster than we thought.

o.city posted something about it this morning
The same model that accurately predicted 100,000+ deaths with mitigation predicted over a million without.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:40 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I guess we have a pretty good study to see how large gatherings will fare and if we can have football games this fall with fans.

Results should be in here in about 2/3 weeks.

No way. I actually don’t expect too much of a bump in cases but that will be attributed to the warmer weather. But as soon as the rioting goes away and fall comes back, the same outlets will be all over coronavirus again, manufacturing outrage, and demanding distancing, shutdowns, etc. Make no mistake about it.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 06-01-2020, 11:42 AM
This message has been deleted by Naptown Chief. Reason: misunderstood your intention at first
Naptown Chief 11:43 AM 06-01-2020
You said it was idiocy. I didn't see your edit.
I edited (almost) immediately. Your response was pretty quick, so in guessing it was during my edit
[Reply]
Page 2284 of 3903
« First < 1284178421842234227422802281228222832284 228522862287228822942334238427843284 > Last »
Up