ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2234 of 3903
« First < 1234173421342184222422302231223222332234 223522362237223822442284233427343234 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 10:01 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
And wearing a mask didn't help any of them.

Or so I've read on here.

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:16 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You pussies wouldn't last a day in healthcare.
I spent a hot weekend in a tyvek suit and N95 mask helping my brother with a DIY project ripping out insulation that had asbestos in it.

And I have hated N95 masks since.

I wouldn't make it a day in health care.

That said, wearing a casual breathable mask for fifteen minutes in the grocery store is no big deal.

It sounds like some are starting to think a clear shield that is open on the bottom might do as well and it is more breathable. I guess it prevents droplets from being sprayed as far from the person wearing it.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:31 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I spent a hot weekend in a tyvek suit and N95 mask helping my brother with a DIY project ripping out insulation that had asbestos in it.

And I have hated N95 masks since.

I wouldn't make it a day in health care.

That said, wearing a casual breathable mask for fifteen minutes in the grocery store is no big deal.

It sounds like some are starting to think a clear shield that is open on the bottom might do as well and it is more breathable. I guess it prevents droplets from being sprayed as far from the person wearing it.
I think mask is better than the shield if you were picking just one .
[Reply]
ARROW2 01:43 AM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Scientists have learned quite a bit about this virus since April 25th and some companies are already claiming success against the virus in early clinical testing.

I'm unconcerned about scientists creating a vaccine and more concerned about its availability in the near future.

yeah, how is that "flu" vaccine working out these days?

The flu death numbers have been high every year, yet there were no lockdowns, distancing, masks, etc....

600K die from heart disease every year
600K die from cancer every year
250K from medical "mistakes" every year
Not to mention accidental deaths, alzheimers, diabetes, etc.

but I am sure the oxygen depriving masks and miracle vaccine will change everything....Stay tuned folks.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:58 AM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Yes, this is EXACTLY what's happening here. NO ONE IS WEARING MASKS AND EVERYONE IS ****ING FREAKING OUT.

Idiot.
I mean, I have to read facebook. They kinda are. People I grew up with too.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:05 AM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Lol. For their country? Just because I won’t wear a mask doesn’t mean I’m not pro America. That’s the dumbest shit I’ve heard from you.

Do you even look at the majority of people that wear masks? They don’t wear it over their noses, constantly adjusting their makes with their dirty ass hands.

Maybe a quarter of the people I see wear masks. So 75% of Oklahoma is anti America.
I'll will say people that wear a mask and just leave it over their mouth might be the dumbest of them all.

If you don't want to wear a mask, you don't have to, unless it's required by the business or city/county you are in. But just know that you are propelling this pandemic and potentially costing American lives.

The ignorance of a pretty big part of that 75% is quite startling. Like blatant I won't believe anything you put in front of me about the virus. Refuse to have an open mind.

All you have to do to stop the biggest American pandemic in over 100 years is wear a mask. But because it's not an enemy with a nuclear weapon or a gun, we don't look at it the same way. This thing is going to end up killing more American people than World War 1, but we can't get you to give a shit?

[Reply]
Monticore 04:32 AM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
yeah, how is that "flu" vaccine working out these days?

The flu death numbers have been high every year, yet there were no lockdowns, distancing, masks, etc....

600K die from heart disease every year
600K die from cancer every year
250K from medical "mistakes" every year
Not to mention accidental deaths, alzheimers, diabetes, etc.

but I am sure the oxygen depriving masks and miracle vaccine will change everything....Stay tuned folks.
Because half the population is to stubborn to get the readily available vaccine.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 05:18 AM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'll will say people that wear a mask and just leave it over their mouth might be the dumbest of them all.

If you don't want to wear a mask, you don't have to, unless it's required by the business or city/county you are in. But just know that you are propelling this pandemic and potentially costing American lives.

The ignorance of a pretty big part of that 75% is quite startling. Like blatant I won't believe anything you put in front of me about the virus. Refuse to have an open mind.

All you have to do to stop the biggest American pandemic in over 100 years is wear a mask. But because it's not an enemy with a nuclear weapon or a gun, we don't look at it the same way. This thing is going to end up killing more American people than World War 1, but we can't get you to give a shit?

Just to be clear, you’re giving up on your original idiotic idea for everyone to have N95 masks judging by the way you’ve changed the narrative, right? Or is all of this referring to healthy people wearing N95 masks everywhere still? The hyperbole ‘Merica stuff just seems to be a smoke screen so people don’t catch on to the stupidity of that idea. You’re agreeing now that it was an overreactive idea?
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:22 AM 05-27-2020
Actual footage of a CPer heading out for the Guitar Center Memorial Day Sale

[Reply]
JakeF 05:32 AM 05-27-2020
Republicans refused to do whatever they think Democrats want them to do. It doesn't matter if it puts their lives in danger. It doesn't matter if it's a simple thing. They would rather die than to be seen 'giving in' to Democrats/Media/etc. That's just the truth.

Environment
Vaccines
Covid-19 masks
[Reply]
Monticore 05:35 AM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Republicans refused to do whatever they think Democrats want them to do. It doesn't matter if it puts their lives in danger. It doesn't matter if it's a simple thing. They would rather die than to be seen 'giving in' to Democrats/Media/etc. That's just the truth.

Environment
Vaccines
Covid-19 masks
You could try using reverse psychology but that might put the majority of the population at risk.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:41 AM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:

No, you have to accept a false premise that you have it and are asymptomatic., and therefore a "danger"
[Reply]
limested 06:20 AM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
No, you have to accept a false premise that you have it and are asymptomatic., and therefore a "danger"
Bitch about SiP but still bitch because you are too big a self centered pussy to wear a mask.
[Reply]
notorious 06:32 AM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:

Environment
Vaccines
Covid-19 masks
“Non-political”
[Reply]
F150 06:34 AM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Because half the population is to stubborn to get the readily available vaccine.

Imagine that.
[Reply]
Page 2234 of 3903
« First < 1234173421342184222422302231223222332234 223522362237223822442284233427343234 > Last »
Up