ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1599 of 3903
« First < 599109914991549158915951596159715981599 160016011602160316091649169920992599 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 09:13 AM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Yes I've read that.

5 people out of how many?
There are many complications to Viruses like these that would be considered rare but could happen with stuff like the Flu as well, my wife has patients who have developed seizure disorders from the flu and there are rare example of encephalitis that can happen with the flu also being seen with COVID.

Stroke is a risk of Influenza so I would assume it is a risk of COVID.

This also emphasizes the flu is no joke =COVID less of a joke.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:18 AM 04-23-2020
one article in found on stroke and influenza that explains some of the reasons there may be more out there .

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/n...artery-tears#1

in short these Viruses can wreak havoc on your body making anything possible, depending on your risk factors/health. The only thing we know at this point is it doesn't give orgasms.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:26 AM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Based on what?
Anything, including your doomsday opinions, are speculation at this point. We have never shut the world down before, but we have also never been readily connected on a global level.

Now go get ready to tell us how the Chiefs 1st round pick tonight wiill never see the field because the NFL is done for good or something.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:32 AM 04-23-2020
This might explain part of the problem in NY.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/cuomo-...ragic-goodwin/

What an amazingly stupid policy.
[Reply]
O.city 09:35 AM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This might explain part of the problem in NY.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/cuomo-...ragic-goodwin/

What an amazingly stupid policy.
That's happening here in MO as well. One of my employees has an family member that works overseeing homes in the area. They get patients sent to them from hospitals that end up having the virus. Supposedly they were tested at the hospital but the results from it didn't come until later? I'm not sure.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:37 AM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
That's happening here in MO as well. One of my employees has an family member that works overseeing homes in the area. They get patients sent to them from hospitals that end up having the virus. Supposedly they were tested at the hospital but the results from it didn't come until later? I'm not sure.
That's just insane, the one place you would want to be sure to protect I would think, are nursing homes.

There aren't many people in most of the hospitals leave them there to recover.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:41 AM 04-23-2020
That's just insane, the one place you would want to be sure to protect I would think, are nursing homes.

Most patients well enough to leave the Hospital are sent home , in this case their homes are nursing homes but I agree unless you need the bed keeping them in Hospital would be ideal but I am not sure how your system works in regards to insurance being a factor etc..

I am not sure what our policies up here are like but our positive inpatient could have gone home last week but he is being kept here because mentally he would not be able to self isolate and would be a risk to the community. Might have been a Doctors call but our hospital makes more money when the beds are empty.
[Reply]
O.city 09:42 AM 04-23-2020

I believe it has to do with insurance issues but she didn't really say what the reason was.
[Reply]
O.city 09:43 AM 04-23-2020
There's also a fairly substantial risk of nosocomial infections happening from the hospital, ideally, you get out of there as fast as you can.
[Reply]
kgrund 09:45 AM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
There are many complications to Viruses like these that would be considered rare but could happen with stuff like the Flu as well, my wife has patients who have developed seizure disorders from the flu and there are rare example of encephalitis that can happen with the flu also being seen with COVID.

Stroke is a risk of Influenza so I would assume it is a risk of COVID.

This also emphasizes the flu is no joke =COVID less of a joke.
Thanks for cleaning up poor reporting. Journalists do this all the time, which just further scares people. Another one listed earlier was that COVID-19 can also cause permanent damage to the lungs, but pneumonia can as well. Correct? They do this all the time.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:46 AM 04-23-2020
I believe it has to do with insurance issues but she didn't really say what the reason was.
It's a pretty standard practice we did in multidisciplinary rounds. Before we'd see patients, MDs would talk to PT, OT, and social work. Social workers would arrange placement in a skilled nursing facility pending insurance, and once it went through they'd transfer them.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:51 AM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Thanks for cleaning up poor reporting. Journalists do this all the time, which just further scares people. Another one listed earlier was that COVID-19 can also cause permanent damage to the lungs, but pneumonia can as well. Correct? They do this all the time.
Yeah unfortunately getting clicks trumps transparency sometimes.

Yes you can get permanent lung damage from influenza whether COVID has a similar or increased or decreased risk I don't think they know again preexisting conditions/genetics etc.. all play a part .
[Reply]
Monticore 09:53 AM 04-23-2020
There's also a fairly substantial risk of nosocomial infections happening from the hospital, ideally, you get out of there as fast as you can.
Also this , last thing a COVID patient needs is catching something else.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:02 AM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Most people like having their answers in black or white , the medical world doesn't work like that unfortunately .
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:03 AM 04-23-2020
Looks like Minnesota will be out of school/distance learning the rest of the year.
[Reply]
Page 1599 of 3903
« First < 599109914991549158915951596159715981599 160016011602160316091649169920992599 > Last »
Up