ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2453 of 3903
« First < 1453195323532403244324492450245124522453 245424552456245724632503255329533453 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bob Dole 12:40 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
People are so god damn stupid. Most people shouldn't even be using gloves since they clearly have no idea how to properly use them. They act like gloves are some sort of virus killer. I see people wearing gloves in the store and after they are done grabbing things they touch their phones or their faces with those same gloves. Most people are too god damn stupid to use gloves properly.
They made us wear gloves at the liquor store when this crap started. I pointed out how useless it was, since you needed to change them after every interaction. I carry some in the car to use at the gas pump, and then they go directly in the trash.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:46 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Nothing like anything in Florida...you’re right. I don’t see why so many people are trying to relate the two.

Yeah, it's shades of gray comparing cities... there are lessons learned from NY without believing Phoenix will trend exactly like them.
[Reply]
Third Eye 01:01 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Sure, if you're being liberal with almost
Haha, oops! Apparently looked at the wrong set of numbers! Let’s go with almost 2.5. Regardless, there are significant differences between the cities that direct comparisons aren’t very enlightening.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:09 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
They made us wear gloves at the liquor store when this crap started. I pointed out how useless it was, since you needed to change them after every interaction. I carry some in the car to use at the gas pump, and then they go directly in the trash.
You don't need to change them after every interaction. Put 70% rubbing alcohol in a bottle and spray your gloves with them, then rub it in.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:20 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Haha, oops! Apparently looked at the wrong set of numbers! Let’s go with almost 2.5. Regardless, there are significant differences between the cities that direct comparisons aren’t very enlightening.
Agreed which is why I kept it at the state level in my original post. Arguing in good faith though, I'll admit to mostly capitalizing on the rare opportunity, as a Chicagoan, to take a shot at NYC. I guess maybe we could lecture them on having enough beds/vents per populace as we've never come close to being overrun (knocks on wood).

But yeah, AZ should heed their insights.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 01:25 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You don't need to change them after every interaction. Put 70% rubbing alcohol in a bottle and spray your gloves with them, then rub it in.
That seems reasonable, except you just touched the bottle with your tainted gloves.

We did go through a shitload of everclear spraying every damned thing.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:29 PM 06-28-2020
That seems reasonable, except you just touched the bottle with your tainted gloves.

We did go through a shitload of everclear spraying every damned thing.
If you aren't touching the bottle afterwards, it doesn't really matter. Spray one hand, hold the bottle with a wet, gloved hand, and spray the other. Rub both hands together. IPA kills as it dries, which is why 70% is better than 90+ percent. More residence time = more time to kill.

70% IPA is remarkably effective, and with gloves you can use it over and over without it massacring your hands.

Any time I'm doing work in a laminar flow hood I have to spray my hands every time they either come within 6 inches of the edge of the hood, or for excursions. We use rubbing alcohol (albeit with sterile water, not that it really matters for the public, as you aren't going to be concerned with killing spores, as viruses don't form spores).
[Reply]
Third Eye 01:31 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Agreed which is why I kept it at the state level in my original post. Arguing in good faith though, I'll admit to mostly capitalizing on the rare opportunity, as a Chicagoan, to take a shot at NYC. I guess maybe we could lecture them on having enough beds/vents per populace as we've never come close to being overrun (knocks on wood).

But yeah, AZ should heed their insights.
Yeah, I brought it to the city level only because I’m operating under the assumption that an overwhelming proportion of the casualties are contained within them. Admittedly, I’m pulling that out of thin air, but I would be surprised otherwise.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:33 PM 06-28-2020
Or, as I saw at a Wal-Mart, stick your gloved hand in your mouth to pick your teeth. That will most certainly contain the spread.

Im willing to bet that <1% of people that wear those gloves out in public are doing anything to sanitize those gloves. I have also watched people after they have finished shopping load up all of their groceries, get in their car, and drive away. Im willing to bet they wore those gloves and went to another store contaminating everything.

I honestly believe a good amount of people wearing gloves think that gloves kill the virus. This goes for employees of stores that require them to wear gloves. Does anyone know if they have had any training or just told to wear gloves? I see store employees wearing gloves, touching money and never changing that pair of gloves. The local Casey's is fucking awful about that.

The improper use of gloves is probably allowing COVID19 to spread much faster than if people would just avoid the gloves all together and carry hand sanitizer. Using the hand sanitizer at least kills COVID.

Liberal use of sanitizer and washing your hands >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gloves

Im not sure what the CDC or public health officials are saying in regards to wearing gloves, but they really need to come out against it (if they haven't already) or have a public broadcast to show people proper glove etiquette.
[Reply]
Donger 01:37 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Or, as I saw at a Wal-Mart, stick your gloved hand in your mouth to pick your teeth. That will most certainly contain the spread.

Im willing to bet that <1% of people that wear those gloves out in public are doing anything to sanitize those gloves. I have also watched people after they have finished shopping load up all of their groceries, get in their car, and drive away. Im willing to bet they wore those gloves and went to another store contaminating everything.

I honestly believe a good amount of people wearing gloves think that gloves kill the virus. This goes for employees of stores that require them to wear gloves. Does anyone know if they have had any training or just told to wear gloves? I see store employees wearing gloves, touching money and never changing that pair of gloves. The local Casey's is ****ing awful about that.

The improper use of gloves is probably allowing COVID19 to spread much faster than if people would just avoid the gloves all together and carry hand sanitizer. Using the hand sanitizer at least kills COVID.

Liberal use of sanitizer and washing your hands >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gloves

Im not sure what the CDC or public health officials are saying in regards to wearing gloves, but they really need to come out against it (if they haven't already) or have a public broadcast to show people proper glove etiquette.
I'd like to think that most people know how to do this, but...

[Reply]
stumppy 01:40 PM 06-28-2020

We did go through a shitload of everclear spraying every damned thing
Sure, that's where it all went.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:00 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I'd like to think that most people know how to do this, but...

When you're touching all your own stuff and everything else, because you think gloves are some miracle COVID killer, then it really doesnt matter how you remove your gloves because you've already contaminated everything. (I don't mean you specifically, Donger).
[Reply]
Bob Dole 02:00 PM 06-28-2020
If you aren't touching the bottle afterwards, it doesn't really matter. Spray one hand, hold the bottle with a wet, gloved hand, and spray the other. Rub both hands together. IPA kills as it dries, which is why 70% is better than 90+ percent. More residence time = more time to kill.

70% IPA is remarkably effective, and with gloves you can use it over and over without it massacring your hands.

Any time I'm doing work in a laminar flow hood I have to spray my hands every time they either come within 6 inches of the edge of the hood, or for excursions. We use rubbing alcohol (albeit with sterile water, not that it really matters for the public, as you aren't going to be concerned with killing spores, as viruses don't form spores).
I guess I’m not following your timeline after the debit card purchase. Receive card (contact), run card, hand card back, grab spray bottle (secondary contact). Now the spray bottle has whatever the debit card had.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:04 PM 06-28-2020

Is that back in stock in the stores like crapper paper? I haven't even looked to be honest.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 02:07 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Is that back in stock in the stores like crapper paper? I haven't even looked to be honest.
The crapper paper thing makes me laugh. I just finished the roll I was on when this entire sitcom started.
[Reply]
Page 2453 of 3903
« First < 1453195323532403244324492450245124522453 245424552456245724632503255329533453 > Last »
Up