ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 206 of 268
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Rausch 12:23 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
People were using Batman V Superman Box office to defend the movie too.

50% on RT should be a nice big red flag to Disney that they may have damaged the brand.

I've never not been excited for a new SW movie before ever after Clone wars I had hope.

TLJ was just an unfun boring slog of a movie.
It should be noted that Marvel Comix was PURGED around 6 years ago and replaced with diversity politics. Not questionable, blatant.

There was a clear agenda pushed, it didn't sell, fans left.

There was an argument to be made then that perhaps it was old farts just not liking new creators. Now Disney is doing the same thing with Star Wars.

Stories don't make sense. Characters have no motivations other than plugging political agendas. White males are to be pushed away or sullied because it's current year. The characters replacing them earn nothing and are only heroes because the label is stamped on them.

Disney just fired the former editor of Marvel because they've LOST MONEY for over 4 years.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:24 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Rey will absolutely not kill Kylo Ren.

But she will save him, despite protests from her buddies.

Hux will seize power with a coup.
:-)

This movie is the end of the Skywalker saga and will end on a high note.

The First Order will no longer exist after the movie ends and most every character will live happily ever after (or at least for another decade or so as the cast ages and we catch up with them again around 2028-2030).

Hux is a joke of a character, too.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:27 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I can't believe you just said this...
[Reply]
bowener 12:57 PM 01-03-2018

The First Order will no longer exist after the movie ends and most every character will live happily ever after (or at least for another decade or so as the cast ages and we catch up with them again around 2028-2030).

Hux is a joke of a character, too.
Somewhere in this massive thread, I stated that when TLJ ended I realized I had little to no desire to see the next in the saga. RJ's storylines and plot have left the saga with only one logical and obvious ending, and you have stated exactly what it will be. We may even end up with stupid fuzzy little fuckers and a happy song at the end too.

I stated in the same post that I would love for them to say, "fuck it!" and have Kylo win, and the saga ends with Rey going into hiding with all the Jedi texts. That ending would actually give the saga a future worth waiting for.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:15 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by bowener:
Somewhere in this massive thread, I stated that when TLJ ended I realized I had little to no desire to see the next in the saga. RJ's storylines and plot have left the saga with only one logical and obvious ending, and you have stated exactly what it will be. We may even end up with stupid fuzzy little fuckers and a happy song at the end too.

I stated in the same post that I would love for them to say, "fuck it!" and have Kylo win, and the saga ends with Rey going into hiding with all the Jedi texts. That ending would actually give the saga a future worth waiting for.
That might be cool but it's just not JJ Abrams style.

He's a "happy ending" type of filmmaker and not the kind of guy to leave the galaxy in chaos under the First Order.

As of now, the plan is for IX to be the end of the Skywalker saga and if Ren is the last of the Skywalker clan, he needs to die at the end.

There's no room on Disney's schedule for an "Episode X", as Solo is set for 2018, IX in 2019, 2020 is supposedly the Obi Wan movie, then RJ's new trilogy in 2021 and Boba Fett in 2022. I would assume that based on the popularity of Solo and Obi Wan, there would be sequels in the works which would fill in 2024 and 2026.

If Daisy Ridley and crew do return to Star Wars, it'll be the late 2020's before it happens.

But yeah, Abrams will end the Skywalker Saga on a high note.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:16 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I can't believe you just said this...
Why? Abrams films always end on a high note.

That's just who he is - Spielberg lite.
[Reply]
bowener 01:20 PM 01-03-2018
That might be cool but it's just not JJ Abrams style.

He's a "happy ending" type of filmmaker and not the kind of guy to leave the galaxy in chaos under the First Order.

As of now, the plan is for IX to be the end of the Skywalker saga and if Ren is the last of the Skywalker clan, he needs to die at the end.

There's no room on Disney's schedule for an "Episode X", as Solo is set for 2018, IX in 2019, 2020 is supposedly the Obi Wan movie, then RJ's new trilogy in 2021 and Boba Fett in 2022. I would assume that based on the popularity of Solo and Obi Wan, there would be sequels in the works which would fill in 2024 and 2026.

If Daisy Ridley and crew do return to Star Wars, it'll be the late 2020's before it happens.

But yeah, Abrams will end the Skywalker Saga on a high note.
Piss. Abrams does end his films like Spielberg. For better or worse.

edit: For the record, I didn't see your Spielberg post until after this.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:28 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Finally saw it yesterday.

Let me start off by saying: I think the "magic" of Star Wars is just about played out for me. It has nothing to do with social justice warrior messaging. It has nothing to do with poor actors. It has nothing to do with poor writing and directing. It's not gaping plot holes. It's just... overexposure I guess. From the opening scene of this movie and opening lines, it just felt sort of childish.

All that being said, by about 20 minutes into the movie, I'd settled into the story and was enjoying it pretty well. I can definitely see how a second watching of this movie would help, because once I settled into the tone of the movie, I began to enjoy it.

Maybe that's the overarching problem of these movies. Each director has set a different tone, and it takes a while to figure out if the movie is going to be dark (Empire), light (prequels), dark (Rogue One), mixture (Last Jedi). That's a vast oversimplification of the different tones, but each one has been a bit different due to the different directors and writers. This one has quite a few too many lame one-liners that were going for cheap laughs (Leia saying "You like what you did with my hair?" and a bunch of others, that one just springs to mind).

What I don't get is the cries of SJW messaging throughout the movie. So people make money off war and the wealthy profit while exploiting the underclass? I guess Iron Man (and a jillion other movies that point to this fact) all are SJW ridden as well? Their are WOMEN leading the rebellion? OMG!! The one woman was also a total cunt who was unlikeable as hell. This online "rightwashing" backlash against anything that's remotely perceived as hostile to conservative ideas is bothersome. However, I suppose it's what the Left gets for the absurd mental gymnastics around identity politics that they've been playing in their ivory towers and academic cultural essays for the last decade.

Anyway, overall, I enjoyed the movie, but I think that the magic of Star Wars that requires me to obsess over the universe is over. Maybe I've just outgrown it.
Maybe I'm not as pissed off as most people because Star Wars wasn't this life changing event that took place when I saw them the first time as a kid. They've just always been a bunch of good movies to me. I thought this one was good. It had it's bullshit moments and it had it's good moments. My 7 year old daughter liked it and that's all that mattered to me. She likes Rey and she likes Chewie. And if she wants me to take her to see these in the theater when they come out....I gladly will.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:38 PM 01-03-2018
Why? Abrams films always end on a high note.

That's just who he is - Spielberg lite.
I understand you have a career in the industry but you don't have to pimp for a bad film.

I've signed NDA's and criticized while in compliance...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:42 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I understand you have a career in the industry but you don't have to pimp for a bad film.

I've signed NDA's and criticized while in compliance...
What I meant by "High Note" is that there will be a "Happy Ending" to Episode IX story.

It's not going to be dark, nor should it be, especially after Abrams and company basically ruined Han, Luke & Leia's happy ending after Return of the Jedi with their character arcs in Episode VII & VIII.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:10 PM 01-03-2018
What I meant by "High Note" is that there will be a "Happy Ending" to Episode IX story.

It's not going to be dark, nor should it be, especially after Abrams and company basically ruined Han, Luke & Leia's happy ending after Return of the Jedi with their character arcs in Episode VII & VIII.
The directors/writers have "free reign" over their films but understand that it MUST meet the views of the higher ups.

Not that they'll be fired (three times now) and replaced as soon as you don't conform to the agenda.

You are free to form your own vision (unless it conflicts with ours) and go in a bold (by our design) new path.

You are there, you know this. I'm actually kind of pissed you aren't pointing this out...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:12 PM 01-03-2018

Pretty much.

This trilogy served to do little more than tell us all that Han pretty much had a nice short run with Leia, then spent his golden years as a miserable vagrant torn up by his shitty parenting while Luke essentially did the same thing and Leia got to spend the next couple of decades realizing that her rebellion is probably amounting to nothing but a long slow grind into likely irrelevance.

So much for dancing bears and fireworks. Nope - life is solitary, nasty, brutish and short, folks. Hope you enjoyed Luke smiling at those force ghosts on Endor because stuff pretty much went to shit for him and all his friends immediately thereafter.

Awesome. I wonder if Disney will make a sequel to Tangled where Repunzel dies of cancer and or Frozen where Anna gets trampled by a horse and Elsa retreats into a shell after she loses control again and kills everyone in town.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:20 PM 01-03-2018
The allies won WWI.

Doesn't mean it meant nothing because WW2 started 20 years later.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:29 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Pretty much.

This trilogy served to do little more than tell us all that Han pretty much had a nice short run with Leia, then spent his golden years as a miserable vagrant torn up by his shitty parenting while Luke essentially did the same thing and Leia got to spend the next couple of decades realizing that her rebellion is probably amounting to nothing but a long slow grind into likely irrelevance.

So much for dancing bears and fireworks. Nope - life is solitary, nasty, brutish and short, folks. Hope you enjoyed Luke smiling at those force ghosts on Endor because stuff pretty much went to shit for him and all his friends immediately thereafter.

Awesome. I wonder if Disney will make a sequel to Tangled where Repunzel dies of cancer and or Frozen where Anna gets trampled by a horse and Elsa retreats into a shell after she loses control again and kills everyone in town.
:-) Thats good a stuff.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:40 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The allies won WWI.

Doesn't mean it meant nothing because WW2 started 20 years later.
Well that's pretty much the worst possible analogy imaginable.

There are a TON of very good arguments to be made that the world is a much better place without the 'Miracle of the Marne'.

If the Germans simply roll up the French, don't turn away from Paris and leave themselves exposed to British penetration up the gut, the Schlieffen Plan probably works. They invade Paris, the British get the hell out of Dodge (because Gen. John French wanted nothing to do with that war and wanted to keep his forces on the island to protect from possible German invasion) and eventually the Germans drop a hammer on Britain to stall their industrial capacity before a negotiated peace is reached. Apart from saving the lives of nearly 20 million people from WWI alone, WWII never happens because there is no power vacuum in Germany. So there's another 70 millionish people saved bringing you just short of 100 million lives lost as a result of the allied 'victory' in WWI. Hell, you probably don't get a radicalized Middle East because the Ottoman Empire gradually fades rather than being blasted out of existence and carved into a series of supremely pissed off territories. How many more are save there?

The Germans just wanted to bow up on the British and establish themselves as a superpower. They weren't looking to take over Europe - they just wanted to make sure they got a seat at the big boy table. WWI Germany wasn't any more or less noble than Britain or France or any of the other 'empire nations' of the time. The world looks different today but it probably also looks significantly better. Britain's industrial capacity was crippled anyway after it bankrolled the entire war for its territories and France essentially lost a generation of young men either killed, wounded or emotionally broken.

So yeah, if you want to get really technical, WWI was rendered meaningless by WWII and the allied 'victory' flipped on its head. WWII all but confirmed that the world is probably better off had the entire stalemate never happened, the Germans win the thing by December of 1914 and relative order is restored.
[Reply]
Page 206 of 268
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256 > Last »
Up