ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Draft Needs & Strategy
RedinTexas 06:20 AM 04-17-2024
As I see it, the #1 need in the draft is WR. That isn't to say that we must take a WR with our #1 pick, but that this is the #1 priority. I would put OT as the #2 need and maybe CB as #3. I don't know if we have a DB on the team that is ready to step up and replace Sneed, but I'm sure Spags and Veach have discussed this. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I bring this up because everyone just seems to assume our draft needs, but we probably have different opinions on how big of a concern each need is. The answers are important because they go a long way toward determining draft strategy and how to handle it when the draft actually plays out.

Finally, our GM has shown talent for picking in the later rounds. Trading up means giving up picks that our GM might be able to turn into draft diamonds. It's like having Mahomes and running a run-oriented offense. You have to play to your strengths, and with Veach our late picks are valuable to us.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:40 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I think the number 1 want is WR but the number one need is LT. Hollywood and Rice are leagues better than Morris/Prince Tega or whatever is slated to start there. It's just not as sexy and much harder to hit on in the draft. With Mahomes I'd lock in a LTOF and then give the Steelers 2nd round WR drafting a try honestly. You may never have Jamaar Chase but having Juju, Claypools and Pickens on rookie contracts is valuable.
Yup. #1 Need is LT. WR is just sexier.

But this draft class is so freakin' deep we could land a WR in the 3rd and still walk away with a promising prospect.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:36 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
Yup. #1 Need is LT. WR is just sexier.

But this draft class is so freakin' deep we could land a WR in the 3rd and still walk away with a promising prospect.
There's so many times in a mock I take a round 1/2 wr and really like coming back at the 3/4/5 for a double up. It would probably be irresponsible unless we just kick some other stuff down the road like TE/IOL/LB
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:01 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by Balto:
Rams get:
2025 1st
2025 3rd(Chiefs)

Chiefs get:
Kupp

At #19 Veach can take the best OT on the board. Veach also gets Kupp on a 3 year deal that will only cost us about $20M a year! Then to make the math work and give Kupp a lower 2nd round pick value(See Diggs trade for Marketplace value atm) we swap our late 2nd(#64) with Rams #52.

Gets our tackle, elite WR at a great price with low risk AND an earlier 2nd rounder to grab another WR or OL or even just BPA.
Can we also get Aaron Donald to come out of retirement and play in KC as part of the deal? And a waiver on their impact to our salary cap as some sort of compensation for bringing Taylor Swift to the NFL?
[Reply]
O.city 07:28 AM 04-18-2024
Michael Hall JR is becoming a real draft crush for me.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:29 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Michael Hall JR is becoming a real draft crush for me.
The want has become real over the last week and a half for me. He's picking up steam everywhere.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 11:54 AM 04-18-2024
Rams get:
2025 1st
2025 3rd(Chiefs)

Chiefs get:
Kupp

At #19 Veach can take the best OT on the board. Veach also gets Kupp on a 3 year deal that will only cost us about $20M a year! Then to make the math work and give Kupp a lower 2nd round pick value(See Diggs trade for Marketplace value atm) we swap our late 2nd(#64) with Rams #52.

Gets our tackle, elite WR at a great price with low risk AND an earlier 2nd rounder to grab another WR or OL or even just BPA.
Sure this would be great. Too bad the Rams would never do it.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 11:59 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, we may well be starting the season with Hollywood and...Skyy Moore and Toney. Rice is almost certainly getting a suspension, and I bet the league uses this to make an example of how tough they are. I'm not sure he plays at all in 2024.
If we don’t solve the wide receiver problem in the draft, and if Rice gets a significant suspension, I think Hunter Renfrew will be our solution. Probably he should be part of the solution anyway and I’m pretty sure he would be cheap.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:08 AM 04-19-2024
What we NEED to do is just keep stacking good football players and fill holes with short free agent deals. Do that, and it'll all work out. Reach for guys based on need, and you're going to screw yourself.

There's not a single position at #32 that Veach would piss me off by taking. Not a one. Just get a good football player.

Even if it was a fucking QB, a year or two under Reid and you could probably flip him for a higher pick. That's how adamant I am about just taking a good football player.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:11 AM 04-19-2024
Rams get:
2025 1st
2025 3rd(Chiefs)

Chiefs get:
Kupp

Before you post another trade scenario, you should ask yourself this question:

If I was the GM of this other team, with knowledge of my roster and cap situation, would I make this trade?

Because no fuckin' way would the Rams do that.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up