ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2201 of 2693
« First < 1201170121012151219121972198219922002201 2202220322042205221122512301 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:43 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Bad thing for him and the Bengals is that division had an incredible down year by their standards and they still just barely managed to come out on top in their division. Ravens are going to be healthy now and the Steelers won't be hamstrung by the corpse of Roethlisberger so they're going to have an incredibly hard path going forward.
And the Browns aren't a pushover every game like they have been in the past.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:52 PM 02-16-2022
Did you all see this? I thought it was interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:56 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Bad thing for him and the Bengals is that division had an incredible down year by their standards and they still just barely managed to come out on top in their division. Ravens are going to be healthy now and the Steelers won't be hamstrung by the corpse of Roethlisberger so they're going to have an incredibly hard path going forward.
They truly got lucky KC shit themselves in the 2nd half the 2 times they played them. KC lost those games way more than Cincy straight beat KC.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 04:59 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:

I wonder how much of that is Mahomes having PTSD from the Super Bowl last year, how much is Mahomes not trusting his all-new OL for much of the season, and how much is PFF being fucking retarded?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:42 PM 02-16-2022

There's no sugar coating it. His pocket presence is awful.

The interesting thing is that also is partially what makes him as good as he is. If he could marry his scrambling with running into fewer sacks he would be unstoppable.

He ran himself into pressure a lot in the 2nd half of the AFCCG.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:46 PM 02-16-2022

He has to work on this because that’s embarrassing.

[Reply]
Bearcat 07:09 PM 02-16-2022
I mean, if you wanted to sugar coat it...

Subtract his "created his own pressure" and he's still top 5 in pressures before subtracting anything else.
If two QBs had 220 pressures, creating your own 24% of the time would be 53 and 12% would be 26... so, a difference of 27 all season.
The difference between him and say Burrow down around 9% comes out to 2 "created your own" pressures per game.
The only top 10 rushing QB who isn't above the median is Herbert, and there are some statues at the bottom.... so, it would be interesting to know what "created" means, whether Mahomes taking off because he can means he 'created' pressure.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:36 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
There's no sugar coating it. His pocket presence is awful.

The interesting thing is that also is partially what makes him as good as he is. If he could marry his scrambling with running into fewer sacks he would be unstoppable.

He ran himself into pressure a lot in the 2nd half of the AFCCG.
:-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:56 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I wonder how much of that is Mahomes having PTSD from the Super Bowl last year, how much is Mahomes not trusting his all-new OL for much of the season, and how much is PFF being ****ing reeruned?
So it's better to stand there and get sacked? He could still use some pocket work but better to bail too early than too late. We saw Joe not bail at the right time and get sacked all through the playoffs.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:16 PM 02-16-2022
If he could marry his scrambling with running into fewer sacks he would be unstoppable.
In 20 games he produced 51 total touchdowns, 6400 total yards.

Josh Allen had 50 and 5900.

What is unstoppable?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:21 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-)
It is. He's not good at all at navigating the pocket.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:24 PM 02-16-2022
This can be true at times. But even so when it comes to the potential of what he does outside of the pocket.....

via GIPHY

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:26 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This can be true at times. But even so when it comes to the potential of what he does outside of the pocket.....

via GIPHY

This is the correct answer to an extent. We don't want to take away what makes him great. But he does the o-line no favors with the amount of times he runs himself into unnecessary pressure.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:52 PM 02-16-2022
Total bullshit. Do you plan on spending the entire offseason running Mahomes down? It is getting old.

PFF hates Mahomes and always ranks him low.

Mahomes gets out of way more sacks than he supposedly runs into.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:56 PM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Total bullshit. Do you plan on spending the entire offseason running Mahomes down? It is getting old.

PFF hates Mahomes and always ranks him low.

Mahomes gets out of way more sacks than he supposedly runs into.
Absolutely not. I'm just pointing out that his tendency to escape the pocket sideways instead of stepping up into it frequently puts his tackles in compromising situations.

I also acknowledge that his improvisation is also one of his strengths and leads to a lot of big plays.

He's not perfect and there's stuff he can constantly improve on. Pocket navigation is definitely one of those things.
[Reply]
Page 2201 of 2693
« First < 1201170121012151219121972198219922002201 2202220322042205221122512301 > Last »
Up