ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs bring back Robinson
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:53 PM 03-28-2020

The #Chiefs are re-signing WR Demarcus Robinson to a one-year deal, source said.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 28, 2020

[Reply]
jettio 01:58 PM 03-28-2020
DeMarcus Robinson is another example of a guy that had supposed character concerns in the draft eval and he comes here and does nothing but work hard and contribute in any way he can and make solid friendships with teammates.

Cashing over $200k in postseason checks is less per game than regular season for a lot of players, but I am sure it is still a consideration for a free agent when deciding where to play.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 02:03 PM 03-28-2020
If we are releasing/trading Watkins I wouldnt be shocked if that was communicated to DRob and his agent to convince him to a one year deal for so cheap. Bet on yourself. Come back and have yourself a fricken year catching the ball from Patrick Mahomes and then go get yourself a pay day. If Watkins is released would love to see us draft a WR in the first or second as DRob is inevitably gone in 2021.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:03 PM 03-28-2020
Folks love to rag on D-Rob but imo he had two of the best games from any of our WR's when we beat Oakland and the Ravens. And with him knowing Pat and the system already this is a very good move. Just hope he continues to improve and get better.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:08 PM 03-28-2020

#Chiefs make a really smart signing here. Only $1M against the cap for a WR who knows Andy Reid's offensive system under Patrick Mahomes. The Chiefs presumably won’t have OTAs this year to teach up a newcomer. KC doesn’t have much room but being smart with what it has. https://t.co/9lSjUwDTZl

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) March 28, 2020

[Reply]
Easy 6 02:10 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by jettio:
DeMarcus Robinson is another example of a guy that had supposed character concerns in the draft eval and he comes here and does nothing but work hard and contribute in any way he can and make solid friendships with teammates.

Cashing over $200k in postseason checks is less per game than regular season for a lot of players, but I am sure it is still a consideration for a free agent when deciding where to play.
Never heard of any supposed character concerns, what were they?
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:10 PM 03-28-2020

Considering the other 2 teams in it only offered minimum deals, he did well here. https://t.co/U64jPrk8fN

— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 28, 2020

[Reply]
FAX 02:11 PM 03-28-2020
Knows the system. History with Mahomes. Usually doesn't vomit in an F/A-18. Good move.

Peachy, Veachy.

FAX
[Reply]
Dante84 02:11 PM 03-28-2020

Considering the other 2 teams in it only offered minimum deals, he did well here. https://t.co/U64jPrk8fN

— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 28, 2020

[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:11 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Initially I was thinking "meh" but consistency is key and that's a killer deal for a veteran WR who knows our system, is a willing blocker and doesn't get hurt often.
[Reply]
sedated 02:14 PM 03-28-2020
If Sammy leaves and DRob has a semi good season, could lead to a decently big contract for him next offseason
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:16 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Never heard of any supposed character concerns, what were they?
Originally Posted by :
Robinson was suspended twice during his freshman season after failing multiple tests for marijuana. In 2014, he had his breakout season and started 11 of 12 games. He was suspended for their season-opener, that was eventually canceled due to weather, against Idaho after failing another drug test for marijuana.[2] Robinson made 53 receptions for 810 receiving yards and seven touchdown receptions. He led the Gators in as a junior in 2015 with 48 receptions and also had 522 receiving yards and two touchdowns in 13 games and nine starts.[3] On November 28, 2015, Florida Gator's head coach Jim McElwain suspended Robinson 75 minutes before their 27-2 loss to Florida State.[4] The suspension was due to a violation of NCAA and team rules. It was reported the violation was due to Robinson's meeting with a marketing official and it marked his fourth suspension in three years with Florida

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demarcus_Robinson
Nothing real bad in today's standards but a few things that lowered his draft value.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 02:17 PM 03-28-2020
Cheap deal. He’s gonna be hungry to prove what he’s got on a 1 year deal. I don’t expect him to make me think he’s some great player, but if there’s ever a time he’s gonna do it, it should be on this 1 year deal contract so I’m good with it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:26 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Because the Giants and Eagles had (rumored) interest prior to FA and everyone remembers Albert Wilson.
That still doesn't mean that a multi-million dollar deal would make any sense.

Granted, I'm not a huge fan due his drops but when people were thinking he was going to get in excess of $4 million per, I thought "Wha?".

The best part of this signing is that it allows any drafted WR some time to get up to speed in what will most likely be a very, very short offseason (OTA's, minicamps, et al), if there's an offseason at all.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:27 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Meanwhile Albert Wilson costs the Dolphins 10M

2018 - 26 rec 391 yards 4TDs
2019 - 43 rec 351 yards 1 TD
He can thank Mahomes for that. Wilson had the game of his life week 17 at DEN. He was Mahomes primary target and looked all world while many starters rested for the Playoffs.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:28 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Nothing real bad in today's standards but a few things that lowered his draft value.
Ah, thanks... yeah that’s pretty minor these days
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up