ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs bring back Robinson
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:53 PM 03-28-2020

The #Chiefs are re-signing WR Demarcus Robinson to a one-year deal, source said.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 28, 2020

[Reply]
Buckweath 01:46 PM 03-28-2020
I feel like DRob has the potential to be an 800-yard WR. Best thing for him long term might indeed be to prove his full potential this season and then cash in on a long term contract.

I'm a fan of DRob.

It would certainly help him though if Watkins was not kept. And him resigning offers Chiefs protection should Watkins be traded or released.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:47 PM 03-28-2020
D-Rob is a Raider shredding machine! That's worth a couple mil anyhow.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:47 PM 03-28-2020
He seems nice!!!! I like this!!!!!!!
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:47 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Friendship discounts are a real thing.

Also, it must be brutal to be a mid-tier or even upper-tier (not elite) WR Free Agent this year. This draft class is ****ing loaded.
Unless you're a broke dick like Randall Cobb. Then BOB will pay you out the ass
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:48 PM 03-28-2020
They used that Vet cap thing Dane talked about. Veach is up to date with this new CBA
[Reply]
staylor26 01:48 PM 03-28-2020
wHaT iS vEaCh dOiNg
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:49 PM 03-28-2020
Damn. Robinson already entering year 5. It doesn’t feel that long.

Robinson is coming off his most productive season to date, and even though he can frustrate with easy drops, he is a contributor on special teams aside from some of his chain-moving, and sporadic big plays. I think the most underrated thing about his game though is his blocking. The guy is scrappy and plays to the whistle. Using this new salary cap loophole with the veteran benefit is a perfect tool to apply to a player like Robinson. He gets to stay home, get a mild raise with fully guaranteed money, and now the Chiefs have some options with regards to what to do with Sammy, as the depth is in good shape.

Good move here Veach.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:49 PM 03-28-2020
Meanwhile Albert Wilson costs the Dolphins 10M

2018 - 26 rec 391 yards 4TDs
2019 - 43 rec 351 yards 1 TD
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:50 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
From Shelby Harris to Demarcus Robinson, it looks like these guys markets dried up real fast and I wonder if the virus has something to do with it.

Still need to draft a WR at some point
It's a deep WR draft class, similar talent less money. He knows our system, so makes sense for us, but not a new team.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:51 PM 03-28-2020
Whatever Mahomes wants.....he gets.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:52 PM 03-28-2020
I have to think that Veach has something in the works with Breeland. He’s had no hits out there that have been talked about.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:52 PM 03-28-2020
Heck bringing back Hill, Hardman, and Robinson is great. If Veach can figure out Sammy all the better. This offense is going to be be so damn smooth!
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:53 PM 03-28-2020
This Chiefs offense is going to be hard to stop. They are all friends and play with a swagger.

I think it is a great move to bring him back- he still has a huge upside.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:56 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That's not surprising to me. The guy played with the best QB in the league and had only 32 catches on 55 targets.

I never understood why people thought he'd leave in Free Agency with a multi-million dollar per year deal.
Because the Giants and Eagles had (rumored) interest prior to FA and everyone remembers Albert Wilson.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:56 PM 03-28-2020
With Robinson back, it makes way too much sense to cut/trade Watkins, guys. I'm not going to bitch if Veach extends him, but I'd rather just have the cap room at this point. No, Robinson isn't close to being as good as Watkins, but he's always available and rarely ever on the injury report. There's something to be said about that.

It's putting pressure on Hardman to speed up his development, but he should be improved and able to do a little more than just go routes and gadget plays. Add to that one of these outstanding rookie WRs, and we'll have a terrific combination of vets, talent, and potential all without paying through the nose.

Mahomes can do that. He's used to not having Watkins for stretches of the season anyway. That slight drop in lethal talent is worth it for the money.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up