ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs bring back Robinson
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:53 PM 03-28-2020

The #Chiefs are re-signing WR Demarcus Robinson to a one-year deal, source said.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 28, 2020

[Reply]
tmax63 08:21 AM 03-29-2020
Keeping the skill players together on the O for the most part makes sense with limited spring work due to the virus. Spags has shown the ability to teach a defense to the entire group in half a season so only adding several new players on D will be an improvement over last year. With only five picks the Chiefs need to pick their spots where they can upgrade with the draft and try to keep things together the best they can.
[Reply]
Shields68 09:12 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If the Chiefs dealt Jones, they'd receive at least one additional first round pick, so they would not be required to use #32 overall selection on a defensive tackle.

On top of that, never draft for need.

That's how teams end up with bad drafts and losing records year in and year out.
You are assuming we are able to trade Jones prior to the draft. I think that is becoming more and more unlikely. The reality is that he might just hold out most of the year.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:43 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Shields68:
You are assuming we are able to trade Jones prior to the draft. I think that is becoming more and more unlikely. The reality is that he might just hold out most of the year.
He won’t hold out. New CBA really discourages/almost prevents this type of behaviour by players. Here are a couple summary points below:

Holdouts

Increased fines for holdouts and players who leave training camp without permission

Players under contract who fail to report to camp on time or leaves the team for more than five days without permission will no longer be eligible to earn an accrued season for that year
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:55 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Don't trust him. The way ran into a ref and didn't care just screams problem.

[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:56 AM 03-29-2020
He knocked down a ref in the end zone. Didn't care. I don't like that. He was also invisible in the post season.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:01 AM 03-29-2020
He knocked down a ref in the end zone. Didn't care. I don't like that. He was also invisible in the post season.
What problems does that scream? You do realize refs get rolled in every single game, right? It is part of the game and very rarely do the people who knock them down help the ref up.

I don’t like how he went invisible during the playoffs but he also was a huge reason we won the first game against Oakland. So if he is only a million against the cap, knows this system, and continues to improve. You getting upset over him knocking down a ref, is really weird and makes very little sense.
[Reply]
rtmike 10:57 AM 03-29-2020
Everyone saying he knows the system must not remember he has a learning disability and has never really grasped the playbook. Sorry, I don't have the link I remember reading that.

Most of his catches are from Mahomes running for his life with no route being run and go routes.
[Reply]
rtmike 11:01 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
He won’t hold out. New CBA really discourages/almost prevents this type of behaviour by players. Here are a couple summary points below:

Holdouts

Increased fines for holdouts and players who leave training camp without permission

Players under contract who fail to report to camp on time or leaves the team for more than five days without permission will no longer be eligible to earn an accrued season for that year
bolded was a concession not liked by the players...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:08 AM 03-29-2020
He just isn't very good. Disappers a lot. If they thought he was really good then Watkins would have been cut already.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:44 AM 03-29-2020
I am not the biggest DRob fan (it’s hard to get his meltdown in the Houston playoff game out of my memory)... but the fact he knows the offense and his familiarity with Mahomes is his biggest asset considering there may not be any offseason until training camp.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:08 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:

Holdouts

Even if he doesn't hold out, if he plays out the year on the tag his cost probably goes up even more next year and the tag number goes up. We also pretty much have to extend Mahomes by next off-season. So he plays this year on the tag and is disgruntled and then either walks next year for nothing or gets the franchise tag for $20+ million to eat up whatever little cap space we have? It doesn't add up. Either trade him or extend him now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:11 PM 03-29-2020
He just isn't very good. Disappers a lot. If they thought he was really good then Watkins would have been cut already.
And we should cut Watson.....and Okafor is on the Saints right?

You’re literally the dumbest motherfucker on this board and there are some stupid fucks that post here.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:18 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And we should cut Watson.....and Okafor is on the Saints right?

You’re literally the dumbest mother****er on this board and there are some stupid ****s that post here.
:-)
[Reply]
Spott 12:21 PM 03-29-2020
That play was the ref’s fault for not being aware of his surroundings. There were two players running full speed at the ball trying to down it at the goal line and the guy had his back completely turned to Robinson.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:39 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Shields68:
:-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up