ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>And the Chiefs select, Anthony McFarland, Jr. - RB, Maryland
Dante84 06:15 PM 03-02-2020
Posted about him in the 2020 Chiefs' interest thread, but figured I'd give him his own thread here.

I think this guys has "Chiefs" written all over him. He is compact, shifty, and accelerates super fast and can slip out of tackles. He is only a Red Shirt Sophomore, and doesn't have a lot of miles or wear/tear. Sounds like he has some issues in Pass Protection, which of course we'd need to get worked out.

I could see us snagging him in the 4th or 5th, but I wouldn't be pissed if Veach decides he's worth a 3rd. I trust the guy who picked LeSean McCoy.

In just 2 years, he has:
Enjoy his highlights below:

#Maryland RB Anthony McFarland said the #Chiefs have paid a lot of attention to him at the Combine. Said he met with them on his first night, and is meeting with their running backs coach later this week.

— Trevor Sikkema (@TampaBayTre) February 26, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 06:16 PM 03-02-2020
There’s a lot of smoke on McFarland and the Chiefs. Almost too much.

They’ll probably take a similar player like Gibson or Evans.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:17 PM 03-02-2020
I'm probably going overboard here, but the Ohio State tape reminds me of Sproles, or even Tyreek when he plays RB.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 08:17 PM 03-02-2020
It sounds like we drafted this guy last year with Darwin Thompson.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:00 PM 03-02-2020
Matt Miller has been pretty much telling anyone that will listen that Mcfarland is a Chiefs target. I've been watching a lot of his tape and boy is he electric. You just know he'd be something special with Andy and this office.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:32 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
It sounds like we drafted this guy last year with Darwin Thompson.
I think that they fit the same role, too, although AMJ’s burst is on another level.

It might end up being another 4 RB year if we draft him, with Damien, Darrel, Darwin and AMJ, althoughi could see us cutting Darrel.
[Reply]
SAGA45 05:27 AM 03-03-2020
Didnt Charles have a similar monster game vs Nebraska while at Texas? McFarland looks the same...not as fast but still an explosive threat to take it the distance on any given touch and Reid LOVES those types of players...McCluster, DAT, Reek, Hardman, Thompson, etc. So McFarland makes more than a ton of sense as Chiefs target.

But the question becomes who else is enamored with him? Who do the Chiefs have to leapfrog to secure...and WHEN/WHERE do they make that move?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:50 AM 03-03-2020
Damn, watch the 2nd highlight film...holy crap this dude is legit...
[Reply]
KurtCobain 07:58 AM 03-03-2020
Where is he being projected at?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:01 AM 03-03-2020
That second highlight film had some Andy designed plays in it.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:12 AM 03-03-2020
Sign me up. Can you imagine him in this offense? Yikes
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:23 PM 03-03-2020
The kid has the same issues as Thompson in pass pro by being small
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:56 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The kid has the same issues as Thompson in pass pro by being small
Not the same imo. Darwin barely, if ever, blocked for Jordan Love at Utah. Mcfarland HAS blocked for his QB and stood up Ok from the highlights I've seen.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:49 PM 03-03-2020
He is NOT Anthony “Booger” McFarlands son.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 12:12 AM 03-04-2020
His lack of touches is promising as well. Think he’s rising up everyone’s boards at this point
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up