ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's Talk CB's
Titty Meat 02:26 AM 02-26-2020
Since Breeland is gone, not sure Fuller will be back, Claiborne was meh.

That leaves us with:

Ward
Fenton
Brown

Not sure who else i'm forgetting, I think Ward has steadily worked his way up to being a top 25 CB, Fenton was a surprise. Brown saw sometime at the end of the year I could see him playing more next year.

This looks like a decent class for CB's. I saw somewhere Staylor mentioned Bryce Hall whom I love. Michael Ojemudia had a hell of a SR Bowl and was a very good player. Gives you the versatility Fuller gave you.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:47 AM 02-26-2020
I’d love it if we could grab Hall in the 2nd. Not sure we could get him without trading up for him though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:48 AM 02-26-2020
I’m also a fan of Jaylon Johnson out of Utah.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:36 AM 02-26-2020
I think we need one in the first two rounds, and then keep Fuller as a hybrid.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:30 AM 02-26-2020
These are the guys I like:

1sr round: Jeff Gladney, Jaylon Johnson, Kristian Fulton

2nd round: Bryce Hall, Cameron Dantzler, Noah Igbinoghene

3rd round: A.J. Green, Troy Pride Jr., Stanford Samuels III

I like Damon Arnette and A.J. Terrell too but I think there will be better players at 32 and I don’t see how either makes it to 63.
[Reply]
Toad 11:44 AM 02-26-2020
That is a good wish list. Good CB class thru round 2 it seems.

If Veach can snag another veteran on a prove it deal (like Breeland) before the draft, it would allow the team to pick one that falls in the 2nd.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:17 PM 02-26-2020
Pretty much have to sign a veteran and draft one, and that's minimal.

I'd err on the side of two vets and one draft pick, with one of the vets being a bit pricey and the other another 1-year 2 mil rental.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:08 AM 02-28-2020
Amik Robertson is growing on me I think he's a third or fourth round guy. He's the size of Ward and probably better suited for the slot role.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:14 AM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Amik Robertson is growing on me I think he's a third or fourth round guy. He's the size of Ward and probably better suited for the slot role.
What Ward?

Not Charvarius Ward.
Not Jimmy Ward.

Both are much taller at 6'1" and 5'11" versus Robinson's 5'9".

I do like him alot and do agree with you on the slot role though. He's probably going to be a high-end player in that role and he tackles like a safety.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:25 AM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Great player. Just don’t know if we’ll be drafting a NB with Mathieu playing that role and Fenton as a good reserve there.

We need boundary corners more than anything.
[Reply]
LIVForTheKingdom 02:41 AM 02-28-2020
I agree that CB is a great position to target. It'll depend on who falls to 32, but with only 3 guys guaranteed under contract, it'll be a huge need. I like Diggs, Gladney, and Hall most based on what I've seen so far. Personally that's the direction I would go.
[Reply]
Shoes 01:43 PM 02-28-2020
Darnay Holmes from UCLA as a later round prospect. Reports say he had a fairly impressive senior bowl practice week.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:57 PM 02-28-2020
Are we positive Breeland is gone?

If so, is Mo Claiborne still under contract? He played a similar style to Breeland; physical, handsy. And he showed that he would tackle in the run game. If he comes back, maybe give him a chance to earn that CB2 spot, if Breeland is gone.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:02 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Are we positive Breeland is gone?

If so, is Mo Claiborne still under contract? He played a similar style to Breeland; physical, handsy. And he showed that he would tackle in the run game. If he comes back, maybe give him a chance to earn that CB2 spot, if Breeland is gone.
Both are free agents. There's a chance we re-sign Breeland. I'd say no chance we re-sign Claiborne.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:18 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Both are free agents. There's a chance we re-sign Breeland. I'd say no chance we re-sign Claiborne.
If we could re-sign Breeland that would be the best possible outcome, IMO. Ward and Breeland were solid; we don't need to go crazy trying to upgrade this season.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up