ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Fanspeak - Draft Simulator
Chief Northman 06:33 PM 02-10-2020
You know the drill folks. Have some fun.

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-...ator/index.php
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:17 PM 02-13-2020
Lol at this one:
Drafttek board, user voted team needs, Difficult setting. I couldn’t fit in a corner for the life of me based on what was on the board at each pick, but....

32: R1P32
DL JAVON KINLAW
SOUTH CAROLINA

63: R2P31
EDGE ZACK BAUN
WISCONSIN

96: R3P32
LB PATRICK QUEEN
LSU

135: R4P32
C LLOYD CUSHENBERRY
LSU

177: R5P31
RB ENO BENJAMIN
ARIZONA STATE
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:27 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Lol at this one:
Drafttek board, user voted team needs, Difficult setting. I couldn’t fit in a corner for the life of me based on what was on the board at each pick, but....

DL JAVON KINLAW
SOUTH CAROLINA

EDGE ZACK BAUN
WISCONSIN

LB PATRICK QUEEN
LSU

C LLOYD CUSHENBERRY
LSU

RB ENO BENJAMIN
ARIZONA STATE
Goodness. That’s 3 first rounders probably and another 2nd rounder. Lol
[Reply]
wasi 12:44 AM 02-14-2020
Fanspeak - Steve board, user voted team needs, Classic setting.

C LLOYD CUSHENBERRY
LSU

CB A.J. TERRELL
CLEMSON

LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE

TE THADDEUS MOSS
LSU

OT CALVIN THROCKMORTON
OREGON
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:38 AM 02-14-2020
Fanspeak - Matt Miller board, Steve's team needs, Classic

I had to throw a twist in. I ran this draft assuming the following moves were made leading up to it:

1) Trade Chris Jones to Seahawks for #27 in 2020, 3rd round in 2021
2) Trade Sammy Watkins to Eagles for 2020 #4 (124)
3) Trade #32 to Giants for 2020 #36 and #107

Here are my results:

1st. #27 - DeAndre Swift, RB, UGA. This was a BPA selection. I wasn't thinking RB, but he "fell" to me there. Too much value to not make a move. Also adds a 4th playmaker on O to pair with Hill, Kelce, Hardman. I pass on Kenny Murray (LB, OU), Kristian Fulton (CB, LSU), and Zach Baun (LB, Wisconsin) to make this seleciton.

2nd. #36 (Giants) - Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU. I was looking for the best CB or pass rusher I could fine at this spot. I pick Gladney over Jalyon Johnson (Utah) and AJ Terrell (Clemson) at CB, Marlon Davidson (Aubie) and Bradley Annae (utah)as pass rushers.

2nd. #63 - Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M. With Jones gone, I supplement my interior rush with Madubuike, who is very talented but has some question marks. Kinda similar to CJ himself coming out of school...

3rd. #96 - Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor. Well, this was fun. I wasn't expecting to be able to add a WR here, but Mims fell in my lap. I love his length, speed, and catch radius. He's also a hands catcher and good overall athlete (track guy!). For a bigger receiver (6-3) looks to win a lot of quick separation. Chris Conley-level tools, but actually able to get open...

4th. #107 (Giants) - Matt Hennessey, C, Temple. I add a C who can push Reiter for the starting gig right away or move him to a G spot. I was looking best IOL at this point, and he just landed.

4th. #124 (Eagles) - Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appy State. ADG is a little undersized but measured in at 6-1/217 at the Senior Bowl and seems capable of playing at 6-1/225. I'm admittedly man-crushing here, but he would inject some major speed and coverage skills for KC at WLB, while also being a good/powerful tackler. Troy Dye (MLB, Texas Tech) was also available here, for those who prefer him.

4th. #135 - Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse. Robinson has the physical skills you look for - size, quickness, initial burst - but hasn't received great coaching thus far. I think he's someone who could really blossom with good developmental staff. He's a rotational rusher in Year 1 for KC but is someone who could blossom into a star. Also considered Nick Coe (DE, Auburn) but went with the higher upside. Troy Pride (CB, Notre Dame) was also there.

5th. #177 - Solomon Kindley, G, Georgia. Was looking BPA available here and liked Kindley's experience and power.

Recap: I land a new feature back, a new #3 receiver (and one I expect to start outside in years 2-3), and two prospects at IOL who should give me at least 1 new starter. If both look ready Year 1, I could even cut LDT and save some cap. On the defensive side, much-needed depth and speed added. Losing Jones' pass rush skills is hard, but I have added an edge with a lot of upside as well as a DT who is very talented and has the ability to become that powerful interior rusher Jones was. I also add a long-term solution at a boundary corner in Gladney, who can do everything.

And I add my personal favorite LB prospect in ADG, who gives me a major boost in sideline-to-sideline speed and HOPEFULLY is my 43 base set starter and sub-package coverage LB.
[Reply]
wachashi 11:15 AM 02-14-2020
The draft would be super entertaining with that many picks. I like what you've done, but I'm taking Kristian Fulton (CB) at pick #27 over Swift and it wouldn't be that tough of a decision for me. RBs that can produce in this offense are not that hard to find, although Swift would be electric here.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:40 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
The draft would be super entertaining with that many picks. I like what you've done, but I'm taking Kristian Fulton (CB) at pick #27 over Swift and it wouldn't be that tough of a decision for me. RBs that can produce in this offense are not that hard to find, although Swift would be electric here.

It’s a tough call. I wouldn’t expect Swift to actually fall there, but he’s so dynamic it wold be a tough pass for me.

I’m still suffering some hangover from Fulton’s shitty performance in the national title game.

The Clemson WRs were creating a lot of separation against him. The only regular season game he played against similar weapons was Alabama - I didn’t watch that closely enough to pay attention to him.

But I wouldn’t hate taking a CB there.

With that first 2nd you’re now freed up for BpA. I don’t remember exactly how it played out, but I believe Marlon Davidson and Curtis Weaver were both out there at that point.

What are your thoughts on Madubuike and Robinson?
[Reply]
wachashi 12:10 PM 02-14-2020
I like the Madubuike pick at that spot with Jones gone. I'm not sure how the coaching staff view Saunders and his potential, but he really didn't show much penetration on passing downs. Small sample size, and obviously he's going to continue to develop. But, we'll need a penetrating 3T to put next to Nnadi, and Madubuike looks like he could fill that role. Seems like a smart pick.

If Ogbah's not coming back, then I think another DE makes sense. Nothing's surefire that late in the draft but Robinson seems to have some upside potential. Wouldn't be mad at that pick in that spot.
[Reply]
DrRyan 12:19 PM 02-14-2020
I hated not taking any IOL earlier but the only possibility this draft would have been Cushenberry in the first and I could not pull that trigger. Maybe little Runyan has some of his dad's mean streak in him and he can find a spot in the league. I like the rest though.

EDGE ZACK BAUN
WISCONSIN
CB A.J. TERRELL
CLEMSON
LB AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER
APPALACHIAN STATE
RB CAM AKERS
FSU
G JON RUNYAN
MICHIGAN
[Reply]
Chief Northman 02:09 PM 02-14-2020
Kristian Fulton and AJ Terrell were so awful in the NCG that I'm off their bandwagons. I think Fulton might be a product of the talent that surrounds him. Terrell is not very scheme multiple, and struggles with long speed - he needs to get hands on receivers to succeed.

If these guys and D'Andre Swift are on the board at #32 - you take Swift every time. Game changer.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:38 PM 02-14-2020
Fanspeak Steve, Difficult. pretty interesting how it varies quite a bit.

approached assuming we have Chris Jones this year. and either Robinson and or Watkins gone.

32: R1P32 CB TREVON DIGGS ALABAMA
63: R2P31 C TYLER BIADASZ WISCONSIN
96: R3P32 WR DENZEL MIMS BAYLOR
135: R4P32 LB JORDYN BROOKS TEXAS TECH
177: R5P31 RB ENO BENJAMIN ARIZONA STATE

assuming Christ Jones is gone (DL and CB never materialized in my mock the way I would have hoped)
32: R1P32 EDGE MARLON DAVIDSON AUBURN
63: R2P31 RB CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE LSU
96: R3P32 G EZRA CLEVELAND BOISE STATE
135: R4P32 DL DAVON HAMILTON OHIO STATE
177: R5P31 WR JAMES PROCHE SMU
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:42 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:

approached assuming we have Chris Jones this year. and either Robinson and or Watkins gone.

assuming Christ Jones is gone (DL and CB never materialized in my mock the way I would have hoped)
I’d rather keep Jones and take that first draft.
[Reply]
DrRyan 06:46 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:

Shouldn't you be adding at least another first rounder if assuming Jones is gone? Seattle/Miami/etc first round pick slot or something similar?
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:33 PM 02-15-2020
I played around with this and looked at the Big Board Player selection choices.

Drafttek and CBS Composite are pretty good.

Some of the others still have players in them that did not declare for draft. Still others are missing players all together or have them so low that it makes their Big Board suspect.

CBS Josh Edwards did not have LB Jordyn Brooks or TE Thaddeus Moss.

Tony Pauline - Pro Football Network has some real extremes with his ratings. If he likes you, he really, really likes you and seems kind of out of sync since that throws the rating off.

Scout The Player also has some strange ratings, Example Michigan Center/guard Cesar Ruiz is given a 185 (6th round) and LSU TE Moss is not even on board.

Some of this might change as later updates take place on these Big Boards and these were just early attempts to get something out there.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:36 PM 02-15-2020
It is fun to play around with.

Makes you feel good about what the Chiefs will be able to do.

It won't be this easy.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up