ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Health, Fitness And Weight Loss
philfree 08:38 PM 01-03-2020
It's that time again. Time to evaluate ones health status and begin a healthy life process for the new year and beyond. With hindsight 50/50 and the odds being 20/20 I'm in search of a plan.

I have all the tools at home(weights, treadmill etc) to do the work and I've used it all successfully in the past. I'm just not sure I want to go that route again. Or at least I need a new toy to get motivated. I've been eyeing the Bowflex Max. Does anyone have any experience or feedback on the Max?
[Reply]
notorious 08:57 AM 02-13-2020
Thanks guys.

Billay, yes I did lose weight. I went from 220 down to 200ish quickly (under a month). Looking back, I think the fact that I heavy cardio 7-8 hours a day while working caused me to level out on muscle growth. I simply wasn't eating enough, and my cardio was eating up the growth nutrition.

Thanks Marcellus. I have to remind myself I'm 42, not 25 anymore. It's probably a good idea to cut down on the carbs so I don't "fat out", or have energy fluctuations that honestly cause me to be lazy when I should be hitting it. I can always increase them if I see a level-off.

I have some casein protein for my body to consume while I sleep. I read that it helps, but man it can cause some weird dreams!

I love beer, too. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 11:36 AM 02-13-2020
I have been lifting for 37 years, but hate the typical cardio. I did Crossfit for 6 years because I love/hate the intense training and fast paced interval cardio. After a few torn rotator cuffs and tricep tendons I had to back off. Been doing a cross training (10 minute intense warmup, 20 mins weights, 20 mins boxing, 10 mins abs) for a couple of years now and love it. If you don't enjoy running/treadmill or whatever, you should trying boxing!
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:38 PM 03-10-2020
I've lost ten some pounds in less than two weeks doing the keto diet thang.

It's really not so bad and pork rinds with 0 carbs make great croutons for salad and make a great snack.

Just trying lose winter fat for the summer.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 04:43 PM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Working out is a lifestyle and habit at this point.

I’ll never stop and feel weird if I miss the gym for multiple days.
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
I feel this way about Scotch.
I feel this way about jerking off
[Reply]
Mennonite 04:50 PM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
So I have changed my schedule around a little. I have 1 Mtn. Dew with lunch other than that it is just water. I use Stur and Skinny Girl enhancers. I am still not losing weight. I am disappointed in that result to say the least. I figured cutting the Mtn. Dew down from 2+ cases of Mtn. Dew a week to 1 case every 3 weeks would have made a huge difference.
Now I am wondering what are my next changes in my diet to be healthier and lighter.

Mountain Dew Zero is pretty good. I hate almost all diet drinks, but I can actually drink that one.
[Reply]
philfree 05:31 PM 03-28-2020
I've been really steady on my Bow Flex Max workouts. I've conquered the 14 minute workout and normally do three to four minutes of extra cool down to extend the workout. I've also conquered the 21 minute workout as well. Some days I'll do a two-a-day and do the 14 minute workout in the morning and then again after dinner. I've been kicking it's ass. I haven't weighed but I have lost size and feel much better than I was. I've kept up on my band workouts too. I get some chest, upper back, triceps and biceps. The diet is just so so. Next time I have a series of good diet days in a row I will weigh. Hopefully I'll be down 15 pounds or so.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:03 AM 03-29-2020
Good work Phil.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:13 AM 03-29-2020
Keto is great until you fuck up and have a few extra carbs you know you better not and it sends you out of ketosis and quit losing or gain a couple back until you cut them out again. Not easy but at least my poops have been good solid drops and minimum toilet paper needed. I got that going for me.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:50 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I've lost ten some pounds in less than two weeks doing the keto diet thang.

It's really not so bad and pork rinds with 0 carbs make great croutons for salad and make a great snack.

Just trying lose winter fat for the summer.
Between two vacations, Thanksgiving, Christmas and NewYears I gained ten pounds. Yikes. I usually do my own thing by cutting back, mostly eating veggies which works well enough along with intermittent fasting. But I heard so much about Keto. So thought I'd try it as a fast way to go back to fitting in my clothes better.

From last week of January to this week, I only lost 3 pounds which was hugely disappointing. Three ****in' lbs in 9 weeks? Sucks!

The only good thing was that it broke my desire for carbs, my weakness and even for sweets. I didn't feel hungry either. But those fat bombs made me feel and look more bloated. I even got that keto flu, with headaches and some really bad nausea at times. I even went down to just 10 net carbs per day and I felt even worse.

So I thought I wasn't doing it right. Found out you need to do a lot of measuring and math which I thought was too complicated. Bought the keto strips and found I only achieved mild ketosis.

I went off it this weekend by making a taco casserole. It was delicious and I actually felt better.
[Reply]
Chargem 10:18 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I even got that keto flu, with headaches and some really bad nausea at times. I even went down to just 10 net carbs per day and I felt even worse.
Corona.
[Reply]
O.city 10:29 AM 03-29-2020
I weighed 255lbs in 2014 when I graduated dental school. Late nights of fast food in between studying wasn’t ideal

As if this morning I weigh 203. Consistent diet and exercise were pretty much what got me here

The stress of owning a business and having 3 kids didn’t hurt
[Reply]
penguinz 10:35 AM 03-29-2020
I am down almost 10lbs since the gyms closed and I have not been able to do a real lifting session. ��
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:45 AM 03-29-2020
Been doing some awesome workouts outside in this beautiful weather. I have dumbells and resistance bands so pretty set.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:51 AM 03-29-2020
dumbells, calisthenics, bike.

good to go.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:52 AM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Corona.
No, Keto-flu is not a real flu. There is no fever, no muscle aches. There is fatigue, headaches and nausea.

I had a real flu mid-February with fever where I just slept for a few days. I didn't have nausea with the real flu either. Tho' I do wonder if Corona was around earlier than thought and if that could be it. Because I have not been sick since.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up