ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Health, Fitness And Weight Loss
philfree 08:38 PM 01-03-2020
It's that time again. Time to evaluate ones health status and begin a healthy life process for the new year and beyond. With hindsight 50/50 and the odds being 20/20 I'm in search of a plan.

I have all the tools at home(weights, treadmill etc) to do the work and I've used it all successfully in the past. I'm just not sure I want to go that route again. Or at least I need a new toy to get motivated. I've been eyeing the Bowflex Max. Does anyone have any experience or feedback on the Max?
[Reply]
philfree 08:13 PM 01-09-2020
The Bowflex Max M8 was delivered yesterday and put together this afternoon. It takes two people to put it together but it wasn't difficult. It's smooth and functions well. There's a "14 minute workout" that you can do. Consists of 30 second burst (sprints) followed by 90 seconds of a resting pace. Seven of those sequences equals the 14 minute workout. I did one (1) cycle. I did another one after I rested for 30 minutes or so. I'm 58 and out of shape. I'm going to get back on it here in a minute.

So this is where it starts. I weighed in at 234 lbs yesterday so I'll see where the Max leads me. Honestly I need to lose 40 lbs but that's a long row to hoe. Of course diet is the other part. Portions! I need to control my portions and then not eat anything before bed. I love cokes. No cokes. Keep the drinking to a minimum. Besides that I won't be on a diet so to speak. I might employ some meal replacement bars for brunch and then have a healthy dinner.

I take the Super Pill for a multi vitamin. That has lots of good stuff including fish oil, krill oil and CoQ10. Stuff for old people. I also take Green Tea with Curcumin and Resveratrol. Keep those arteries slick. I'll drink some OJC cleanses along the way as well. Clean out that liver and colon! Party!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:20 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
The Bowflex Max M8 was delivered yesterday and put together this afternoon. It takes two people to put it together but it wasn't difficult. It's smooth and functions well. There's a "14 minute workout" that you can do. Consists of 30 second burst (sprints) followed by 90 seconds of a resting pace. Seven of those sequences equals the 14 minute workout. I did one (1) cycle. I did another one after I rested for 30 minutes or so. I'm 58 and out of shape. I'm going to get back on it here in a minute.

So this is where it starts. I weighed in at 234 lbs yesterday so I'll see where the Max leads me. Honestly I need to lose 40 lbs but that's a long row to hoe. Of course diet is the other part. Portions! I need to control my portions and then not eat anything before bed. I love cokes. No cokes. Keep the drinking to a minimum. Besides that I won't be on a diet so to speak. I might employ some meal replacement bars for brunch and then have a healthy dinner.

I take the Super Pill for a multi vitamin. That has lots of good stuff including fish oil, krill oil and CoQ10. Stuff for old people. I also take Green Tea with Curcumin and Resveratrol. Keep those arteries slick. I'll drink some OJC cleanses along the way as well. Clean out that liver and colon! Party!
Download myfitnesspal and track your intake!
[Reply]
philfree 11:34 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Download myfitnesspal and track your intake!
Thanks but I'm not sure I need that. So broke up into sessions I did 14 minutes of the Max. My heart was chucking but I seemed to recover easily every time. Hopefully that's a good sign that I don't have any blockages. :-) I consider this my first workout on the Max. I'll have to see how I feel tomorrow but I may stay off of it for a day if I can, it being a new toy and all. I'll probably do some upper body and arm work with some bands. And stretch.
[Reply]
philfree 01:01 PM 01-18-2020
The Max is an ass kicker and it's going to take me a while to build up to it. I can only do it for 2-3 minutes at a time. As far as the 14 minute workout goes I'd challenge any of you guys who think you're in good shape to complete it. I got $100.00 that says you can't finish it. Providing that you don't have a Max and have built up to it already. I'm about to do my day before the game workout. Before I start though I'm going to warm up my feet with the Sharper Image T.E.N.S. Foot Massager with Infrared Heat. (don't know wtf it won't post as a picture) That thing will work out your whole lower leg. Probably do some massage chair and hot tubbing post workout.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:48 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
Have you tried some yoga stretching? Years ago, I friend showed me one that helped with my IT band issues, but have no clue how to describe that twister type pose on a keyboard lol. I checked Dr. Google and didn't see that particular pose, but there's several others that are supposed to help.
I've been watching some Yoga videos, especially the ones where they put their legs behind their head. It gets my heart pumping and all i have to do is sit there.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 12:17 PM 01-19-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I've been watching some Yoga videos, especially the ones where they put their legs behind their head. It gets my heart pumping and all i have to do is sit there.

:-)
[Reply]
limested 12:34 PM 01-19-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:

All I would suggest is do not worry at all about what the scale says. Concentrate on how you feel and how you look in the mirror.

Unless you are trying to make weight for a fight then weight is not a good measurement.
[Reply]
philfree 03:29 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
All I would suggest is do not worry at all about what the scale says. Concentrate on how you feel and how you look in the mirror.

Unless you are trying to make weight for a fight then weight is not a good measurement.
Yeah that's been the tech for a while now. I'm not sure I buy it at this point. At 58 years I need to get the weight down. I need to get the size down. I need to take the pressure off my back, feet and my sciatic ass. I still appreciate the advice though.

I'm not sure about the weight and inches but I've worked up to completing the 14 minute workout. I increased the resistance level four clicks today and I really had to fight to finish the work out. But finish I did. Now I'm taking a break before I do some upper body work and some golf exercises using a big workout ball and some bands. I'll get baked before I start that. See if I can get lost in it.

Is it warped to do cardio and watch BBQ Pitmasters at the same time?:-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:50 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Grape or Black Cherry Waterloo Sparkling Water
Originally Posted by scho63:
Powerade Zero is great and at .69-.80 for a 32 ounce bottle, you cant beat it. I've actually gotten it on sale at Fry's or Safeway for .49, a real steal.

Zero calories and the grape,orange and fruit punch taste really good. :-)
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
We have a water here called WaterJoe. It has caffeine in it. The neighbors dad works for the company. Don't know if you can get it there

https://waterjoe.com/
So I have changed my schedule around a little. I have 1 Mtn. Dew with lunch other than that it is just water. I use Stur and Skinny Girl enhancers. I am still not losing weight. I am disappointed in that result to say the least. I figured cutting the Mtn. Dew down from 2+ cases of Mtn. Dew a week to 1 case every 3 weeks would have made a huge difference.
Now I am wondering what are my next changes in my diet to be healthier and lighter.
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:13 PM 02-09-2020
I'm doing dry February. Those people that do dry January are not football fans. Haven't drank since day after the Superbowl.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05:45 PM 02-09-2020
I suspect I have a hiatal hernia, as my GERD symptoms/post-nasal drip becomes nearly unbearable when Im lifting. I wanna give it another go after I lose 10 pounds (might reduce symptoms). Suggestions? Anyone experience this? I usually prefer to lift heavy (heavy for me, anyways), but Im thinking Im going to have to go light like a loser.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:30 PM 02-09-2020
LOL skip to :40 seconds to start. He's really motivating.

[Reply]
notorious 07:41 PM 02-12-2020
It's time I get into shape again. It's been 14 years since I've been serious.

Here is what I used to do:

2500 calories a day
400 grams carbs
200 protein, 100 from powder
less than 15 grams fat

Routine:

Mondays and Thursday Arms, Chest, Shoulders
Tuesday and Fridays Legs
Wednesday and weekends Off

This routine was decent, I was a thick 6'3 200, which means I was large in size, but lacked ripped definition. I had a spark plug shape with large shoulders and neck. Waste was down to 32. I injured my shoulder playing softball and had to stop lifting. My weight dropped to 185 within months, but my muscle definition was much better.

I am currently 6'3 218, thanks to marriage and kids, and a business that's booming. It's no excuse, though. Just went to a 36 waste god damnit Time to tighten the ship.

Here is the routine I am looking at starting:

Nutrition
3000+ calories
400 carbs
200 protein
under 30ish fat

Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Upper Legs
Wed - Triceps, Shoulders, Back
Thursday - Lower Legs
Friday - Biceps, Forearms
Weekend- Off
Ab crunches every day

I need expert advice.

Should I consolidate Legs into the other nights so I have full rest on Tuesday and Thursday?

How does my nutrition look?

Is 100 grams of protein from powder a bad idea?

How soon after a workout do I need to take 50grams of protein and glucose?

OH, MOTHER **** CARDIO. I work on wood floors, and that's more than enough.

When I lift, I completely annihilate anything that muscle has to offer. I usually do a set until there's nothing left, so I don't do set reps of 10 etc. I thrive in pain, I love it.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:07 PM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
It's time I get into shape again. It's been 14 years since I've been serious.

Here is what I used to do:

2500 calories a day
400 grams carbs
200 protein, 100 from powder
less than 15 grams fat

Routine:

Mondays and Thursday Arms, Chest, Shoulders
Tuesday and Fridays Legs
Wednesday and weekends Off

This routine was decent, I was a thick 6'3 200, which means I was large in size, but lacked ripped definition. I had a spark plug shape with large shoulders and neck. Waste was down to 32. I injured my shoulder playing softball and had to stop lifting. My weight dropped to 185 within months, but my muscle definition was much better.

I am currently 6'3 218, thanks to marriage and kids, and a business that's booming. It's no excuse, though. Just went to a 36 waste god damnit Time to tighten the ship.

Here is the routine I am looking at starting:

Nutrition
3000+ calories
400 carbs
200 protein
under 30ish fat

Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Upper Legs
Wed - Triceps, Shoulders, Back
Thursday - Lower Legs
Friday - Biceps, Forearms
Weekend- Off
Ab crunches every day

I need expert advice.

Should I consolidate Legs into the other nights so I have full rest on Tuesday and Thursday?

How does my nutrition look?

Is 100 grams of protein from powder a bad idea?

How soon after a workout do I need to take 50grams of protein and glucose?

OH, MOTHER **** CARDIO. I work on wood floors, and that's more than enough.

When I lift, I completely annihilate anything that muscle has to offer. I usually do a set until there's nothing left, so I don't do set reps of 10 etc. I thrive in pain, I love it.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks
My $.02 is this.

You are older than you were. Cut the carbs by at least half (probably more) add a bit of fat and dont worry about getting 200g of protein, 150 should be plenty.

No need to split leg day thats really excessive. Just pick a day and do legs.

And I hate to tell you this but you need some cardio, even if its HIIT for 20 minutes here and there.

I am not an expert on anything but I'm at the high end of strength and endurance for a 48 year old male. Almost certainly top 10% as a combo.

Used to be a heavy lifter in my youth and kind of changed goals as I got older and am in better overall shape than I was in my 20's. And I love beer. :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:15 PM 02-12-2020
Damn you cut at 2500 cals? Did you lose weight?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up