ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 46
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Hall of Classics>So I was kicked out of my own fantasy entity ...
Hootie 02:21 AM 10-25-2015
Made 90 great lineups this week, too ...

But, alas, was kicked out, $100 stolen, and have no idea why ....

Thread gets deleted ...

But the group doesn't realize ... Password change or not, I'm still logged in via phone app. That's right.

They let me do 6 hours worth of lineups today before, out of nowhere, I'm banned. Whatever. Right?

Hmm. Steal my $100 ..
KCUnited 01:50 PM 10-25-2015
Just lost 1/3 of the sites baseball minds.
Eleazar 01:52 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Dont think Hoots should be permabanned. Everyone should know by now that Hootie has a temper when you disagree with him, and he likes to get his way. With that said, from what Ive read on the FanDuel forum he did not seem real open with working with others. Doesn't matter if you are or think you are the best fantasy player, its a group, and you have to work with that group even if you know they are wrong. If he did indeed play his own entries in the same FD $25 million tourney he kind of deserves to get his access to the fan duel acct removed.
Every single time someone lets Hootie back here, he does the same thing, and everyone spends the entire time watching him crap all over everything, until he gets banned again. But them some idiots campaign for him to come back, and then he craps all over everything again, until he gets banned again.
Saul Good 01:53 PM 10-25-2015
It's pretty ridiculous to ban someone from the board over something completely unrelated to the board. You guys chose to get into some stupid partnership that went bad (shockingly). Kick him out of that group and leave it at that.
Donger 01:58 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
It's pretty ridiculous to ban someone from the board over something completely unrelated to the board. You guys chose to get into some stupid partnership that went bad (shockingly). Kick him out of that group and leave it at that.
It probably didn't help that Hootie then decided to create this thread. How does it go?

"If Hootie hadn't chosen to do something that he knew he shouldn't (i.e., created this thread), he'd probably not be banned now. So it's his fault."
Lex Luthor 01:58 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
To be fair, Hootie said he would take half the earnings and donate it to the group if the lineup won big. But yeah. Who knows if he actually intended to.
There is no fucking way Hootie would have honored his word on that. He broke his word about not putting in his own entries that duplicate the group's entries, he proclaimed himself to be a victim, and he said we were all a bunch of pricks who were trying to steal his money when we objected. After he blatantly went back on his word about that, we are supposed to believe he wouldn't do the same thing if the stakes became real, actual money instead of a hypothetical chance to win some money?

If a miracle happened and there was a big pot that was split between one of the group's entries and one of Hootie's private entries, there is not a fucking chance in hell that Hootie would shared that money with the group. It was obvious that he was lying his ass off about that.
Lex Luthor 02:01 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by Cochise:
:-)

Who could have predicted

-a bunch of idiots going into business with Hootie would end in disaster
-a few goofs from a message board thinking they'd corner the DFS market would lose 2/3 of their money the first week
-hootie, who tells us all day long what a master gambler he is, would lose his shirt
-hootie would melt down blaming someone else
-draft tabulators getting pantsed
-it's nobody's fault
I kicked in my $100 strictly out of curiosity and for the entertainment value. As soon as I sent the money to BRC via Paypal I was very sure it would be gone forever. I've seen enough of Hootie over the years to know what a stubborn SOB he is, how he steadfastly refuses to ever admit he is ever wrong about anything, and how he is completely and totally wrong in his takes a large percentage of the time.

I wanted to see how the whole thing would play out, and I can afford to spend $100 for the entertainment value. If I had "invested" that money thinking Hootie was going to make me rich, then I would be an idiot. I seriously doubt that anybody really expected to make money off of Hootie.

Having said all of that, I am very glad that OnTheWarPath and the others have taken over the lineups. Now there is a chance that at the end of the season there may actually be a little money in the account to split up. With Hootie the compulsive gambler who HAS to have action every week, there is no way there would by anything left at the end.
DaFace 02:02 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by Brainiac:
There is no fucking way Hootie would have honored his word on that. He broke his word about not putting in his own entries that duplicate the group's entries, he proclaimed himself to be a victim, and he said we were all a bunch of pricks who were trying to steal his money when we objected. After he blatantly went back on his word about that, we are supposed to believe he wouldn't do the same thing if the stakes became real, actual money instead of a hypothetical chance to win some money?

If a miracle happened and there was a big pot that was split between one of the group's entries and one of Hootie's private entries, there is not a fucking chance in hell that Hootie would shared that money with the group. It was obvious that he was lying his ass off about that.
Not that I fully understand how all this works, but I'd tend to agree. If he decided to do something outside the rules in the first place, it seems pretty unlikely he'd suddenly decide to play nice when big money is involved.
Eleazar 02:08 PM 10-25-2015
I kicked in my $100 strictly out of curiosity and for the entertainment value. As soon as I sent the money to BRC via Paypal I was very sure it would be gone forever. I've seen enough of Hootie over the years to know what a stubborn SOB he is, how he steadfastly refuses to ever admit he is ever wrong about anything, and how he is completely and totally wrong in his takes a large percentage of the time.

I wanted to see how the whole thing would play out, and I can afford to spend $100 for the entertainment value. If I had "invested" that money thinking Hootie was going to make me rich, then I would be an idiot. I seriously doubt that anybody really expected to make money off of Hootie.

Having said all of that, I am very glad that OnTheWarPath and the others have taken over the lineups. Now there is a chance that at the end of the season there may actually be a little money in the account to split up. With Hootie the compulsive gambler who HAS to have action every week, there is no way there would by anything left at the end.
Of course he used your guys' money to bankroll himself. Of course he was playing lineups against you to try to make money for himself on the side. Of course he was not going to share that with you if he won. And, if the whole group had been phenomenally successful, do you think he would have dealt honestly with the winnings? Of course not. He's a degenerate gambler. He took money from a bunch of marks and got some free plays out of it.

Can we all agree that this idiot should never be unbanned, no matter who "vouches" for him this time? (whatever that means)
KC native 02:09 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
Normally, I come down on the same side as you on banning people. If you would have seen how Hootie went at Floppy (who had been the lone mod that backed his return), then I think you would have a slightly different opinion.
Saul Good 02:14 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
Normally, I come down on the same side as you on banning people. If you would have seen how Hootie went at Floppy (who had been the lone mod that backed his return), then I think you would have a slightly different opinion.
I wouldn't because that thread was outside the forum. I get why it happened. It's just stupid. If I were Flop, I'm sure I would have banned hootie. It still would have been stupid, though. Of course, I wasn't dumb enough to get involved with that stupid plan in the first place.

Hootie's value to me begins and ends with how entertaining he is on this board. I'd never trust the guy with my personal information nor my money. I already know how that movie ends.
Lex Luthor 02:20 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Not that I fully understand how all this works, but I'd tend to agree. If he decided to do something outside the rules in the first place, it seems pretty unlikely he'd suddenly decide to play nice when big money is involved.
Hootie is like the heroin addict who will say or do anything to get his next fix. He is a gambling addict. He insisted upon having action the very first week even though he and the group were completely unprepared to go forward. That ended in a dumpster fire and we lost 60% of the entire bankroll. In typical Hootie fashion, he blamed everybody but himself. Then he got an offer for 7 free plays from Fanduel because of a promotion they were running, and he felt absolutely compelled to play those picks on his own. When he was reminded that this was a blatant violation of the most important rule of the group, he told us all to go fuck ourselves, that he had 7 free plays, and he was damn well going to play them. When somebody said "Fine, go ahead, just don't duplicate the group's entries", he refused to make even that small compromise. He said "If this costs the group money, I will pay it all back". Yeah, right. :-)

Like a heroin addict, Hootie's inability to control his own behavior wound up costing him everything.

I probably wouldn't have banned him from the site, although I understand completely why he was banned. I would preferred to kick him out of the group and then pound him relentlessly in the open forum until he posted an "I'm leaving forever" thread.
KCUnited 02:24 PM 10-25-2015
Hootie is like the heroin addict who will say or do anything to get his next fix. He is a gambling addict. He insisted upon having action the very first week even though he and the group were completely unprepared to go forward. That ended in a dumpster fire and we lost 60% of the entire bankroll. In typical Hootie fashion, he blamed everybody but himself. Then he got an offer for 7 free plays from Fanduel because of a promotion they were running, and he felt absolutely compelled to play those picks on his own. When he was reminded that this was a blatant violation of the most important rule of the group, he told us all to go fuck ourselves, that he had 7 free plays, and he was damn well going to play them. When somebody said "Fine, go ahead, just don't duplicate the group's entries", he refused to make even that small compromise. He said "If this costs the group money, I will pay it all back". Yeah, right. :-)

Like a heroin addict, Hootie's inability to control his own behavior wound up costing him everything.

I probably wouldn't have banned him from the site, although I understand completely why he was banned. I would preferred to kick him out of the group and then pound him relentlessly in the open forum until he posted an "I'm leaving forever" thread.
I forget, which way did you vote on that?
eDave 02:27 PM 10-25-2015

He's banned from CP? I can't agree with that in this instance.
Rain Man 02:31 PM 10-25-2015
I just lost $100 in the other pool. The one where we were all taking bets on how long the fan duel club would last before it blew up. I thought it would survive until week 8.
Valiant 02:32 PM 10-25-2015
Hootie is like the heroin addict who will say or do anything to get his next fix. He is a gambling addict. He insisted upon having action the very first week even though he and the group were completely unprepared to go forward. That ended in a dumpster fire and we lost 60% of the entire bankroll. In typical Hootie fashion, he blamed everybody but himself. Then he got an offer for 7 free plays from Fanduel because of a promotion they were running, and he felt absolutely compelled to play those picks on his own. When he was reminded that this was a blatant violation of the most important rule of the group, he told us all to go **** ourselves, that he had 7 free plays, and he was damn well going to play them. When somebody said "Fine, go ahead, just don't duplicate the group's entries", he refused to make even that small compromise. He said "If this costs the group money, I will pay it all back". Yeah, right. :-)

Wow, not going to lie. This sucks for you all. Sucks that he turned out to be a shit human.

But it was humorous to read the dumpster fire.

Hopefully this is the bookend of the story for you all and you guys win big here in the next few weeks.

I have one buddy win over 130k and another over 5k so far this year in draftkings.
Page 25 of 46
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up