ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock (3/18)
Direckshun 01:02 AM 03-18-2020
Half of these assumptions will be wrong by the end of the day, I'm sure, but its the middle of the night and I don't care.

Assumptions:

1. After the season, the Chiefs extend/re-sign WR Sammie Watkins 3 years, $35m; DT Mike Pennel 2 years, $10m.

2. The Chiefs keep DT Chris Jones on the franchise tag.

3. The Chiefs do not pay QB Patrick Mahomes this offseason.

4. The Chiefs cut: OG Laurent Duvarney-Tardif, OG Ryan Hunter, P Dustin Colquitt.

5. The Chiefs trade DE Breeland Speaks for a 2021 conditional pick.

6. The Chiefs re-sign to minimal deals: FB Anthony Sherman, TE Blake Bell, OG/C Stefan Wisniewski, ILB Reggie Ragland, S Jordan Lucas

7. The Chiefs let walk: QB Matt Moore, RB LeSean McCoy, RB Spencer Ware, WR Demarcus Robinson, DE Terrell Suggs, LB Darron Lee, CB Morris Claiborne, CB Alex Brown, CB Keith Reaser

8. The Chiefs sign: RB Ameer Abdullah (Vikings), OT Cedric Ogbuehi (Jacksonville), OLB Nigel Bradham (Eagles), CB Aaron Colvin (Redskins).

9. The Chiefs are selecting 32nd. They receive no compensatory picks.

The Selections:

1. CB Jeff Gladney, TCU -- excellent man corner
2 (Ford). CB Jaylon Johnson, Utah -- a slot-flexible corner with some development ahead of him
3. DE Darrell Taylor, Tennessee -- a Kpassagnon-esque athlete with incredible abilities and zero polish
4. OL Solomon Kindley, Georgia -- a massive athlete with power/athleticism and starter-upside
5. WR Aaron Parker, Rhode Island -- flyer on a WR that led the Combine at the three-cone and 20-yard shuffle

Roster:

QB: Mahomes, Henne, Shurmur
RB: Williams, Abdullah, Thompson, Williams
FB: Sherman

WR: Hill, Watkins, Hardman, Pringle, Parker
TE: Kelce, Bell, Yelder

LT: Fisher, Ogbuehi
LG: Rankin, Wisniewski
C: Reiter, Allegretti
RG: Wylie, Kindley
RT: Schwartz, Ogbuehi

DE: Clark, Taylor, Harris
DT: Jones, Saunders
DT: Nnadi, Pennel
DE: Okafor, Kpassagnon

OLB: Wilson, Ragland
ILB: Hitchens, Niemann
OLB: Bradham, O'Daniel

CB: Ward, Gladney, Johnson, Fenton, Colvin
S: Matthieu, Thornhill, Sorensen, Watts, Lucas

K: Butker
P: some dude
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:53 AM 03-18-2020
I love it! Exactly what I've been shouting off the rooftops this whole offseason, "why not just keep Jones and Watkins? We won with them didn't we?" Also, I love how you went all out at CB to hopefully solve that problem with some quality talent.
[Reply]
Chargem 05:58 AM 03-18-2020
you know what, unlike most of your mocks I don't hate it.
[Reply]
Hoover 06:22 AM 03-18-2020
Agree, but for the life of me I don't understand why you jettison Speaks for nothing. For a team with no cap space, limited draft picks, you don't ship away young, cheap, controllable players.
[Reply]
Up