ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Malik Harrison is the answer at LB
RunKC 09:03 AM 03-10-2020
This is my favorite LB in the draft. I’m convinced we have to get this guy bc he would solve our biggest problem at LB.

He’s 6’3, 247 lbs with 32.75 inch arms and huge 10.25 inch hands

Here’s why he’s the guy:

-He played all 3 LB positions in college. Spags loves versatility. Big plus.
-Very good taking on blocks. He’s a strong run defender who is physical.
-Has solid coverage experience. 4 pass break ups as senior, interception as jr.
-Very good blitzer with speed in short spaces. 8.5 sacks in 3 years (2 as a starter).
-Ran a 4.66 which is slightly above average but had the best 3 cone and a solid 20 yard shuttle.

To put his athleticism in perspective, Harrison is almost 15 lbs heavier than Darius Leonard and had better scores in the 40, 3 cone AND 20 yard.

This guy is almost the same build/athleticism as Leighton Vander Esch. They are almost exact in the combine results.

I would consider taking this dude first if we traded down from 32 if this guy is a late riser. Hoping to get him at 64.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:32 AM 03-10-2020
I like Willie Gay Jr personally.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:18 AM 03-10-2020
He’s my 2nd favorite. Really like him.

What’s interesting is that while Willie has much better long speed (40), Harrison has significantly better lateral speed (3 cone) and almost the exact same intermediate level speed (20 yard) at 4.3 for Gay Jr and 4.32 for Harrison.

I’m good with either of these guys at 64.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:32 AM 03-10-2020
Simmons, Queen and Murray will likely be gone by the time we pick so I agree our choices are probably between Baun, Gay and Harrison.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:45 AM 03-10-2020
He’s definitely on my short list, but I’d be happy with quite a few of the LB’s.

Harrison, Gay, Brooks, and Wilson would all be great 2nd round picks.

Two other guys that don’t get mentioned much around here (at LB) that are potential safety to WLB conversions are Kyle Dugger and Jeremy Chinn. Both of those guys would be incredible in that role.
[Reply]
Up