ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 111
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 03-16-2020
Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:51 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
They wanna believe that this is the year sooooo bad.

It’s pleasurable to watch.
Literally all hinges on Lock. Denver is definitely drafting a WR first rd. Actually think both Alabama receivers are drafted into AFC West next month
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:51 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Whatever it means, it sure doesn’t sound good :-)
The Chiefs moves (or lack thereof) so far leaves so many questions.

If I had to put money on it, and it wouldn’t be much, I think I still expect them to trade Jones. It just may not happen until closer to the draft.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 03:52 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Whatever it means, it sure doesn’t sound good :-)
Jones might be realizing nobody is willing to pay him what he thinks he’s worth.

There hasn’t been a peep about a team interested in acquiring him. Chiefs can wait him out whether he likes it or not.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03-21-2020, 03:53 PM
This message has been deleted by pugsnotdrugs19.
pugsnotdrugs19 03:54 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Jones might be realizing nobody is willing to pay him what he thinks he’s worth.

There hasn’t been a peep about a team interested in acquiring him. Chiefs can wait him out whether he likes it or not.
Hopefully they’re letting his agents negotiate with potential trade partners so he can really see what kind of contract is out there for him. Then they can decide if it’s enough to warrant leaving.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:59 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Donkey homer media:

People who actually watched this player :-)

Drew Lock will surely know how to use him properly!
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 04:03 PM 03-21-2020

If I had to put money on it, and it wouldn’t be much, I think I still expect them to trade Jones. It just may not happen until closer to the draft.
Ugghh why are you thinking that? I think a Jones trade would be worst case scenario for us at this point. The big fish have been signed in free agency.

If they were going to trade him it needed to be done early so we could sign some impact players in free agency with his cap savings.

Just my two cents but I think we either extend him or hes playing on the tag. Could definitely be wrong.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:04 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Ugghh why are you thinking that? I think a Jones trade would be worst case scenario for us at this point. The big fish have been signed in free agency.

If they were gonna to trade him it needed to be done early so we could sign some impact players in free agency with his cap savings.

Just my two cents but I think we either extend him or hes playing on the tag. Could definitely be wrong.
Think Frank Clark. Got traded the week before the draft last year.

You never know the kind of conversations that are taking place right now — if they have multiple bidders, they’ll do okay.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:06 PM 03-21-2020

If they were going to trade him it needed to be done early so we could sign some impact players in free agency with his cap savings.

If we were going to sign impact players with the money we're not paying Jones, I'd rather just keep Jones and figure out the cap shit down the road.

Even if we traded him early on in the free agency process, you weren't going to see the Chiefs be big spenders this year.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:08 PM 03-21-2020

You never know the kind of conversations that are taking place right now — if they have multiple bidders, they’ll do okay.
Problem with that is that this just isn’t a good class for interior rushers. Replacing him would be very difficult in this current climate
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 04:10 PM 03-21-2020

Yeah good point. I fully admit I'm no cap expert. So we just head into next year with a good chunk in cap savings? It would just seem preferable to make the trade early if at all possible to utilize that cap savings in free agency this year.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 04:11 PM 03-21-2020
Must still be hanging out with Levon Bell.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:15 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Problem with that is that this just isn’t a good class for interior rushers. Replacing him would be very difficult in this current climate
If they move on from Jones, it could also speak to more of a philosophical shift to a more balanced skill set. Might sacrifice some pass rush skill in favor of a guy who can hold a double consistently, not necessarily just winning with pure quickness (Saunders?).

Definitely not upgrading from him though.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:38 PM 03-21-2020

I'm thinking along these lines too. Maybe a trade with Jacksonville for #20, #116, and #165. That would give us 8 draft picks, with all of them being in the first 5 rounds. Jax could then move their tag player who doesn't want to be a Jag to recoup their picks.

Re-work Watkins deal and have plenty of cap space to sign some role players. Draft a couple of CB's, couple of OL, couple of LB's, RB, and a TE, and let's roll!
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:40 PM 03-21-2020

Yes it does leave many questions with Jones, Sammy and more all needing to be resolved soon

Still hate the idea of trading him, but if he’s gonna be a stickler for every single dime instead of seeing the big picture... well, bye

I guess :-)

Hope that first sentence is true, but wouldn’t put big money on it... teams could be playing their cards close to the chest on a big move

But if he has to take the tag, one can only hope he keeps it in perspective and sees the value in coming back to defend the title... not pouting about it
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:51 PM 03-21-2020
Yeah good point. I fully admit I'm no cap expert. So we just head into next year with a good chunk in cap savings? It would just seem preferable to make the trade early if at all possible to utilize that cap savings in free agency this year.
There's a LOT of offseason to go.

Just because FA has been rolling a couple of days doesn't mean anything.

IF Jones is traded, it will free up money to sign back more of our own guys. And there will be bargain hunting. I seriously doubt we sign any "big names" and that's probably a good thing going forward.

We're right up against the cap right now. No real room to do anything substantial.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 111
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Up