ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Whitney Houston makes the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame!....uh....WTF?
Deberg_1990 02:08 PM 01-15-2020
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...143443193.html

This year’s six inductees for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame were announced Wednesday morning, and they are Whitney Houston, Depeche Mode, the Notorious B.I.G., Nine Inch Nails, the Doobie Brothers, and T. Rex.
Notably absent from the Class of 2020, however, was Pat Benatar.

The fact that Benatar — one of the most successful female artists of the 1980s, who undoubtedly set the template for female hard rock singers at a time when few female hard rock singers had a presence on the charts or at rock radio — had never been nominated before had been a subject of annual Hall protest. She was widely predicted to be a lock this year, especially considering that last year’s inductee, Janet Jackson, had implored in her Rock Hall acceptance speech to thunderous applause: “Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, please, 2020: Induct more women!” (Only three female artists total were on this year’s Hall ballot, the other two being Houston and passed-over four-time nominee Rufus featuring Chaka Khan. Women make up less than 8 percent of all Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductees.)

Benatar actually came in second in this year’s online Fan Vote. Also not making the Class of 2020 cut were the Dave Matthews Band, who actually topped the Fan Vote by a wide margin. (It is noteworthy that the seven previous winners of the Fan Vote had all been inducted in their years).
Along with Benatar, hard/classic rock in general was passed over, with nominees Motörhead, Thin Lizzy, Todd Rundgren, the MC5, and two other artists that made the top five of the Fan Vote, Judas Priest and Soundgarden, all not getting in.

It was also interesting that six-time nominees Kraftwerk were passed over in favor of their logical successors Depeche Mode and Nine Inch Nails, since it could easily be argued that all electronic music can be traced back in some way to the German techno pioneers.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:47 PM 01-15-2020
Todd is God.
To not induct him is ludicrous.

[Reply]
KC Dan 03:48 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
'Out of rock acts!?'

Soundgarden
Bad Company
Def Leppard
Boston
Blue Oyster Cult
Johnny ****ing Winter
Thin ****ing Lizzy
Judas ****ing Priest
Iron ****ing Maiden
Pat Benatar

And that's just off the top of my head.
These at a minimum should be in the ROCK and ROLL hall of fame before whitney houston and many others. A lot more on your list I admire but these first and foremost continue to get hosed. It's a joke and everyone knows it. Just call it what it is - Pop Hall of Fame. It stopped being the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" a long time ago.
[Reply]
luv 04:22 PM 01-15-2020
He's not even in my top 10 :

1. Eminem
2. OutKast
3. Too Short
4. Beastie Boys
5. Tupac
6. Beck
7. Cypress Hill
8. Snoop
9. Eazy-E
10. Ice Cube
NWA is in.
[Reply]
Mennonite 04:22 PM 01-15-2020
Just gonna post some music from some people who don't rock as hard as Abba and Whitney fuckin Houston;

[Reply]
Kiimo 04:31 PM 01-15-2020
I can smell the Bud Ice from here
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 04:36 PM 01-15-2020

1. Eminem
2. OutKast
3. Too Short
4. Beastie Boys
5. Tupac
6. Beck
7. Cypress Hill
8. Snoop
9. Eazy-E
10. Ice Cube
That’s funny. You have to be kidding right? Eminem and the Beastie Boys ahead of Tupac? I’m guessing that’s in no particular order. Eminem would smack you for that list himself. :-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:38 PM 01-15-2020
Looks like the Russians fouled up this voting process too! Who gets in next year? This guy??

[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:49 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
That’s funny. You have to be kidding right? Eminem and the Beastie Boys ahead of Tupac? I’m guessing that’s in no particular order. Eminem would smack you for that list himself. :-)
For some reason, I relate more to the white guy from the trailer park of St Joe than the black guy from the ghettos of East Harlem. And the Beastie Boys introduced me to hip-hop. The run of albums from Paul's Boutique through Hello Nasty are completely unparalleled in terms of production, innovative sampling, and incorporating live instrumentation with sampling on top of witty rhymes filled with pop culture references.
[Reply]
penchief 04:50 PM 01-15-2020
'Out of rock acts!?'

Soundgarden
Faith No More
Black Crowes
KISS
Humble Pie (Frampton and Marriot!!)
Canned Heat
Bad Company
Def Leppard
Boston
Blue Oyster Cult
Joe ****ing Cocker
Steppenwolf
Ten Years After (Alvin ****in' Lee!)
War
Johnny ****ing Winter
Thin ****ing Lizzy
Television
Flying Burrito Brothers/Gram ****ing Parsons
New York ****ing Dolls
Mott the ****ing Hoople
Little Feat
King Crimson
Judas ****ing Priest
Iron ****ing Maiden
Love
The Guess Who
Grand Funk
Delaney & Bonnie & Friends

I love your list. Some very underrated bands and some very influential ones.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:56 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by penchief:
I love your list. Some very underrated bands and some very influential ones.
Fat fingered, supposed to be "thumbs up"
[Reply]
bdj23 05:08 PM 01-15-2020
Can't wait til zoomers start electing people like Lizzo and Billie Eilish
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:29 PM 01-15-2020
'Out of rock acts!?'

Soundgarden
Faith No More
Black Crowes
KISS
Humble Pie (Frampton and Marriot!!)
Canned Heat
Bad Company
Def Leppard
Boston
Blue Oyster Cult
Joe Fucking Cocker
Steppenwolf
Ten Years After (Alvin Fuckin' Lee!)
War
Johnny Fucking Winter
Thin Fucking Lizzy
Television
Flying Burrito Brothers/Gram Fucking Parsons
New York Fucking Dolls
Mott the Fucking Hoople
Little Feat
King Crimson
Judas Fucking Priest
Iron Fucking Maiden
Love
The Guess Who
Grand Funk
Delaney & Bonnie & Friends

KISS is in, but your point is very well taken

I don’t have time to listen to diverse and woke horseshit from people like Kiimoslobby... it’s the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, not the popular music HOF as others have said

Whitney Houston was a fantastic pop/soul/R&B singer... let her go into the that HOF

I never listened to Biggie but he clearly left a mark... so let him go into the rap HOF

There is clearly no lack of deserving ROCK acts that need to go in, so throwing acts from completely different genres into the mix is a fucking joke... fuck the rock hall and fuck kiimoslobby
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:30 PM 01-15-2020
the Beastie Boys are respected by the best of the best of rap royalty and all their stuff still holds up.

Eminiem is respected by a ton of rap royalty as well, not so much for his hits but his incredible improv rap battles which most people think he's only lost one in his entire career.

Putting both those rappers in the top ten is beyond justifiable and their skin color doesn't matter to legit rappers so it shouldn't matter to you.

Not so much on Beck though lol
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:32 PM 01-15-2020

1. Eminem
2. OutKast
3. Too Short
4. Beastie Boys
5. Tupac
6. Beck
7. Cypress Hill
8. Snoop
9. Eazy-E
10. Ice Cube
Sigh........everyone forgets Chuck D/Public Enemy.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:40 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
the Beastie Boys are respected by the best of the best of rap royalty and all their stuff still holds up.

Eminiem is respected by a ton of rap royalty as well, not so much for his hits but his incredible improv rap battles which most people think he's only lost one in his entire career.

Putting both those rappers in the top ten is beyond justifiable and their skin color doesn't matter to legit rappers so it shouldn't matter to you.

Not so much on Beck though lol
Can't embed - on my phone:

https://youtu.be/tEIMasyqoeo
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up