ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 176 of 181
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
BWillie 10:04 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
KJ Lawson transferring (assuming back to Memphis)...have to assume this means that Dedric will declare for the draft in the next few days. With Charlie Moore also departing, it appears that the cupboard is about to be pretty bare...

Gone:
KJ Lawson
Charlie Moore

Good as gone:
Dedric Lawson
Silvio De Sousa

Probably gone:
Azubuike

Could make a stupid decision and leave early:
Grimes

We currently have 2 signees:
#93 Braun 4*
#104 Isaac McBride 4*

In other words, Self better pull his typical late signing period rabbit out of his ass, or there is going to be more of the same next year.
Look for some graduate transfers. Maybe we should go the Gonzaga route. Find some highly skilled international guys.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:23 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Look for some graduate transfers. Maybe we should go the Gonzaga route. Find some highly skilled international guys.
I hope we just load up on a lot of lower ranked guys if we miss on the remaining top recruits.

Not a fan of the 1 or 2 year transfers.

Newman worked, because we had a lot of talent around him and he was formerly a top recruit.

I’d rather build for the future than end up with Charlie Moore and KJ Lawson for a year. Even if we’re worse in the short term.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:29 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I hope we just load up on a lot of lower ranked guys if we miss on the remaining top recruits.

Newman worked, because we had a lot of talent around him and he was formerly a top recruit.

I’d rather build for the future than end up with Charlie Moore and KJ Lawson for a year. Even if we’re worse in the short term.
Dedric didn't work? He was fantastic. Not his fault everybody else sucks.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:34 AM 04-05-2019
Dedric didn't work? He was fantastic. Not his fault everybody else sucks.
I don’t believe I said Dedric didn’t work. He was great.

Obviously, we don’t get Dedric without KJ too.

I think we’d agree that Moore’s spot on the roster would’ve been better filled by a lower ranked recruit that could be a nice rotational player in a year or two. That’s my point.

I just brought up KJ, because he really didn’t give us any consistent play and he’s gone after playing for 1 year.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:56 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Wasn't one of the Adidas schools on the tape saying Zion needed 100 grand and the fuck was trying to get it together for some school? Maybe it was us, I don't even remember. Even if it was, whatever.

Are we really expected to believe that Zion needed $100 grand to go to an Adidas school, but went to Duke for free?

I mean, isn't that probable cause enough to at least take a tiny little looksey?
Did Zion’s mom get $100K? Or is it still Avenatti the only one saying that?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:15 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Did Zion’s mom get $100K? Or is it still Avenatti the only one saying that?
That came out of the Adidas trial, not Avenatti. It stands to reason that Nike made the requisite offer to get him to go to Duke.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:49 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That came out of the Adidas trial, not Avenatti. It stands to reason that Nike made the requisite offer to get him to go to Duke.
We should switch to whoever is best at dodging the bullet. I want out of Adidas. Great products but the relationship is hardly about that.

Ooorrr. Maybe dont cheat.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:13 PM 04-06-2019
We should switch to whoever is best at dodging the bullet. I want out of Adidas. Great products but the relationship is hardly about that.

Ooorrr. Maybe dont cheat.
Obviously, you shouldn’t cheat...buuut I think we all believe that the cheating is far more rampant than what’s been made public.

If you’re a 1 and done, why wouldn’t you take money? You’re only in college for a year anyway. If you get caught, so what? It won’t hurt your draft stock much.

There really isn’t much incentive for a major coach at a big name program to run a completely clean program. If he misses top recruits and starts losing, he’ll get fired. If he gets caught, it’ll likely be a slap on the wrist or it’ll go away completely. If you get punished bad enough, just take an NBA job.
[Reply]
ROYC75 06:41 PM 04-06-2019
Well we knew it would happen, Diedric Lawson to hire an agent.

https://www.rockchalktalk.com/2019/4...2019-nba-draft
[Reply]
jimidollar 07:16 AM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Whatever happened to Newman? Is he playing somewhere?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:54 PM 04-07-2019
Congrats to Texas tech. Great season for them. Rooting for them tomorrow.

Feel bad for Auburn. If that double dribble us called, they are likely playing for a national championship.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 01:25 PM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Congrats to Texas tech. Great season for them. Rooting for them tomorrow.

Feel bad for Auburn. If that double dribble us called, they are likely playing for a national championship.
Auburn got screwed with that missed double dribble. I do agree with the foul called on the 3, though. Tough way to lose...
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:54 PM 04-07-2019
naw, auburn fouled the guy before he double dribbled
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 03:04 PM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
naw, auburn fouled the guy before he double dribbled
The double dribble came before the foul. Foul never should have been called.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 03:05 PM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Auburn got screwed with that missed double dribble. I do agree with the foul called on the 3, though. Tough way to lose...
The foul on the 3 was a good call. Ballsy that kid hit all 3 of those to win the game. Tough situation to make free throws in and he nailed them.

But, if that double dribble is called, that foul likely never happens.
[Reply]
Page 176 of 181
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180 > Last »
Up