ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 39
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about beating the shit out of the Raiders
RunKC 03:43 PM 11-08-2020
**** that franchise. **** Jonathan Abrams, **** Carr and **** Gruden.

I want Pat to drop 5 TD’s or more on they ass
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:18 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
On two of those plays, there was no deep safety. They were selling out to stop the run. I don't expect to see anything like that this game.
Maybe I am being too critical, but on the deep TD to the WR not named Ruggs, Ward was running with him, just 6 feet away from him. I have watched it several times, from different angles, and Ward doesn't run to the receiver until after he caught the ball.

I don't understand why Ward was not trying to get closer until the ball was caught. I know he probably didn't have a chance to make the play, but what good does it do to run parallel to the receiver, only from 6 feet away?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:22 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Maybe I am being too critical, but on the deep TD to the WR not named Ruggs, Ward was running with him, just 6 feet away from him. I have watched it several times, from different angles, and Ward doesn't run to the receiver until after he caught the ball.

I don't understand why Ward was not trying to get closer until the ball was caught. I know he probably didn't have a chance to make the play, but what good does it do to run parallel to the receiver, only from 6 feet away?

That was the Agohlor TD, I'm pretty sure. IIRC, it was a broken coverage. Ward thought he had a safety behind him but Sorenson had bitten up on the slot and was way out of position.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:41 PM 11-19-2020
That was the Agohlor TD, I'm pretty sure. IIRC, it was a broken coverage. Ward thought he had a safety behind him but Sorenson had bitten up on the slot and was way out of position.
Ok. I couldn't remember the receiver's name. But, as they were running, and Ward was trailing, he never seems to move towards the receiver until he catches the ball, and by that time I think HB was wrapping the WR up and throwing him into the end zone.

I know he graded out well last year, but I have never been very high on Ward. He is the champ at standing next to the receiver, or being very close to the receiver while he catches the ball.

When Sneed comes back, I hope he can continue to play as well as he did at the beginning of the season.

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:46 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Ok. I couldn't remember the receiver's name. But, as they were running, and Ward was trailing, he never seems to move towards the receiver until he catches the ball, and by that time I think HB was wrapping the WR up and throwing him into the end zone.

I know he graded out well last year, but I have never been very high on Ward. He is the champ at standing next to the receiver, or being very close to the receiver while he catches the ball.

When Sneed comes back, I hope he can continue to play as well as he did at the beginning of the season.

From what I remember, Ward was playing up coverage. The defense was focused on stopping the short stuff. So Ward was actually thinking he was covering the short sideline and the WR ran right past him. There wasn't any safety help so it resulted in a broken coverage.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:50 PM 11-19-2020
From what I remember, Ward was playing up coverage. The defense was focused on stopping the short stuff. So Ward was actually thinking he was covering the short sideline and the WR ran right past him. There wasn't any safety help so it resulted in a broken coverage.
This. And Spags addressed this and another play in the post-game presser; he took responsibility for calling the coverage, because it was the same one back to back, which wouldn't account for the slot going deep. In his words, Spags "put Ward and Tyrann in a bad situation schematically."
[Reply]
R Clark 03:08 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This. And Spags addressed this and another play in the post-game presser; he took responsibility for calling the coverage, because it was the same one back to back, which wouldn't account for the slot going deep. In his words, Spags "put Ward and Tyrann in a bad situation schematically."
I remember listening to his press conference and he talked about it. I am quite sure he will be on top of it this time around and that same mistake won’t happen again. What concerns me more is not getting any pressure on Carr and letting him having time to throw the deep ball.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:10 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
I remember listening to his press conference and he talked about it. I am quite sure he will be on top of it this time around and that same mistake won’t happen again. What concerns me more is not getting any pressure on Carr and letting him having time to throw the deep ball.
Those balls were out pretty fast. Yes, we need better pressure but better coverage is going to help a ton.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:16 PM 11-19-2020
Yeah, yeah. I worry about lots of things, unfortunately that's the nature of worrying. It's not based in logic or reason.

So, my concern is based on how motivated the team is and can they keep their focus. Poor tackling and trying to do too much indicates, to me, a lack of discipline. Players appear to not be playing as a team and trusting the person next to them.

Just my feelings. I wouldn't bet against the Chiefs blowing the Raiders out and I wouldn't bet against the Raiders winning a close game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11-19-2020, 03:21 PM
This message has been deleted by Megatron96. Reason: q
Megatron96 03:22 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Spags in the king of generating pressure in exotic ways, so I'm not too concerned about that part. He will show Carr and Gruden some new wrinkles and generate more pressure more consistently this time around.

The thing is that Spags is a gambler. I think I wouldn't want to play him in poker because he goes all-in a lot and when you kind of don't expect it. But the converse of that is he sometimes makes mistakes, but that's what happens with gunslinger-types. Mostly Spags wins, especially in bigger moments, which shows us just how good he is at dictating to the offense when he wants or has to.

But every once in a while he's going to lose; it's the Law of Averages.

But he doesn't lose very often, and I'm good with that.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:16 PM 11-19-2020
Spaggs was rolling the dice on Carr being the pussy he's always been...and checking down short.

I'd probably have done the same...I mean, why not?

Wont happen this game..and without those 3 bombs, the Raiders are going to get routed.

First game was an anomoly...KC very rarely gives up long scoring plays. Besides the first drive of the Texans playoff game...I'm trying to remember one...let alone 3 in the same game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:17 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Spaggs was rolling the dice on Carr being the pussy he's always been...and checking down short.

I'd probably have dont the same...

Wont happen this game..and without those 3 bombs, the Raiders are going to get routed.

First game was an anomoly...KC very rarely gives up long scoring plays. Besides the first drive of the Texans playoff game...I'm trying to remember one...let alone 3 in the same games.
Yep.

Over the past 2 years, KC has been near the top of the league in fewest big plays against their defense.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:39 PM 11-19-2020
Yep.

Over the past 2 years, KC has been near the top of the league in fewest big plays against their defense.
Over the last 18 games the Chiefs have averaged giving up less than 19 points per game on defense (18.7). They've only given up more than 20 points 3 times over the same span.

"But our defense sucks!"

Dumbasses.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 04:44 PM 11-19-2020
Over the last 18 games the Chiefs have averaged giving up less than 19 points per game on defense (18.7). They've only given up more than 20 points 3 times over the same span.

"But our defense sucks!"

Dumbasses.
I guess most casual or non Chiefs fans think of the 2018 Bob Sutton Defense and unfairly label Spags' Defense just as bad without actually watching them play.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:53 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
I guess most casual or non Chiefs fans think of the 2018 Bob Sutton Defense and unfairly label Spags' Defense just as bad without actually watching them play.
Yes.

And many of them are right here on CP. Go figure.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:59 PM 11-19-2020
:-)

#Raiders Paul Guenther: `I don't know how we can beat these guys with a full lineup at practice let alone with three-quarters of your lineup not being here all week.' . . . says they'll show up at 5:20, ready to go, with whoever they've got.

— Jerry McDonald (@Jerrymcd) November 19, 2020

[Reply]
Page 21 of 39
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up