Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>DAT is Back
Dante84 10:38 AM 08-20-2019
Per Terez
[Reply]
Cornstock 10:12 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
I wouldn't call him tenacious, he bailed on the team for like an entire season a couple years ago.

I get why they brought him back though. He is useful in certain scenarios/Special Teams.
Yeah I vaguely remember this. Something like he was medically cleared but wasnt ready to come back. Or maybe I'm crossing this with Berry...or maybe it was a similar situation both times?
[Reply]
FAX 11:11 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Cornstock:
Yeah I vaguely remember this. Something like he was medically cleared but wasnt ready to come back. Or maybe I'm crossing this with Berry...or maybe it was a similar situation both times?
You're remembering the situation accurately, Mr. Cornstock.

DAT was on medical leave due to a concussion and although cleared to return, he said he was still having problems. The Chiefs said, "No, DAT. Your left eye has always looked like that." But DAT still disagreed and so he shacked up for the rest of the season with a hottie and a giant bag of ganja.

FAX
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:22 PM 08-20-2019
Hes better than Pringle
[Reply]
xztop123 11:23 PM 08-20-2019
Dat may end up being used more this year than hardman.
[Reply]
xztop123 11:24 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Zombo’s days are over with the switch to a 4-3.
Thank god.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:00 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Hes better than Pringle
If he’s so good why was he just sitting out there and not at some other teams camp??
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:28 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
But DAT...shacked up for the rest of the season with a hottie and a giant bag of ganja.

FAX
Can't say I'm mad at him.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:29 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
If he’s so good why was he just sitting out there and not at some other teams camp??
He wanted to be a Chief so bad that he turned down all other offers.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 07:27 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Cause at this point.....he's damaged goods. Have no idea why he was signed. Concussion history, two fractures on the same leg, and didn't really make good decisions when returning kicks!

He knows the system? Big deal.....are the young guys retarded or something? They can't learn the system?

Hope I'm wrong but I really don't see the value in DAT. We didn't even miss him last year!
[Reply]
Mecca 08:13 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Cause at this point.....he's damaged goods. Have no idea why he was signed. Concussion history, two fractures on the same leg, and didn't really make good decisions when returning kicks!

He knows the system? Big deal.....are the young guys retarded or something? They can't learn the system?

Hope I'm wrong but I really don't see the value in DAT. We didn't even miss him last year!
It really means they think the current young group of WR's wouldn't be good at being gunners, that and because DAT has done it before they feel more comfortable with him.

This isn't a development year for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:21 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Agreed.

I think the WR group will be:

Hill
Watkins
Hardman
Robinson
DAT
Thompson

The only other WR might be Rashard Davis but he really hasn't done anything and Custis has been invisible (unless they are hiding him).
Robinson hasn't done shit. 400 total yards in his career even though he got plenty of chances to take over due to injuries. This year should be his last chance to prove himself. Make or break time.

I think we should go with a young guy over DAT, his time with us has past. We need to take this time to develop young players.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:24 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Robinson hasn't done shit. 400 total yards in his career even though he got plenty of chances to take over due to injuries. This year should be his last chance to prove himself. Make or break time.

I think we should go with a young guy over DAT, his time with us has past. We need to take this time to develop young players.
He's a free agent after this year....
[Reply]
JakeF 08:36 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's a free agent after this year....
Good timing.

Hopefully Robinson finally develops and becomes a stud. If not, we should just let him walk like we did Conley. Either a player gets the job done or they walk.

No more wasteful love affairs.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 08:36 AM 08-21-2019
It really means they think the current young group of WR's wouldn't be good at being gunners, that and because DAT has done it before they feel more comfortable with him.

Then keep Tremon Smith returning kicks. Reid is gonna release Smith to get picked up by another team. Then DAT is gonna get hurt again and we're out Smith. There's not enough in DAT to justify his signing, IMO.

Tremon made good decisions returning kicks last year......and isn't as brittle as DAT.

Bad move....
[Reply]
JakeF 08:51 AM 08-21-2019

Every year is a development year for wide receivers. They take awhile to get going so you have to continually work guys through your system as backups to see if they pop and become something special.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Up