ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 207 of 300
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:04 AM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I honestly think we should have pressed them more than we did down the stretch (their turnover rate is one of the worst in the country) but that would have probably taken more effort than we actually had.

McCullar and Dickinson were running on fumes the entire 2nd half/OT.
Yeah, if we had anyone that could come off the bench and not just totally biff it all up. Plus the foul trouble, it just wasn't in the cards.

I'm normally that guy. Normally we have more athleticism and depth than the other team, but while we might have more athleticism it isn't competent.

I continue to think McDowell should get more minutes, and probably Braun in this game. Elmarko was bad tonight, but if they had rotated him in a bit, they could have had a shot at ratcheting up the pressure.

Self will never do it, but I wouldn't hate it if Self would pick 5 or 10 possessions a game to press and gamble a bit, if for no other reason than to get in their head a bit. But Self isn't that guy, and he's probably the best coach in the history of the game, so whatever.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 06:39 AM 02-06-2024
This year it probably has something to do with using all of our NIL money on Hunter Dickinson (and obviously Timberlake being one of the biggest busts in program history).

But, in general, I bet it is pretty hard to convince these transfer portal kids to come to KU when they know they have no real shot at a starting spot (and we've had some pretty strong starting lineups the past 2 seasons).
There is some of that. But it's also that we have been really pretty bad recruiting since 2020. Our freshman class that should be seniors right now providing depth were...Gethro Muscadin, lattrel josel, and Bryce Thompson. Ouch. We have had 5 all Americans since then and the only one who has really hit is Dick. Thompson Rice and Jackson have all provided nothing and most likely will all only play one year here. Udeh has shown he could be a decent backup/role player starter type guy but hardly an NBA prospect nor a featured guy on a championship team. It's pretty wild that despite everything, Clemence might end up being the fourth best recruit we have had since 2020. That's just not going to get it done. KJ is a nice player but at the end of the day at Kansas you should never say your second best recruit in 4 years is a guy who has pretty clear holes in his game and is probably better suited as a sixth man. Hopefully the looming sanctions being gone help us pick it back up.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:17 AM 02-06-2024
That might have been the worst KU performance I remember. Missing point blank shots, sloppy ass turnovers, allowing too many offensive rebounds. Ref's weren't great but let's be real, we did not deserve to win that game. I had 0 doubt that McCullar was going to miss those late free throws. He might have been tired but he was ass almost the entire game. Him and Furphy cost them the game.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:37 AM 02-06-2024
Purple pussies are already chirping at the office this morning.

Never forget that beating KU is their national championship
[Reply]
O.city 08:40 AM 02-06-2024
Eh, you're gonna drop a few on the road like that. Is what it is.

The bigger issue was dropping those at WVU and in Florida. Those are the killers.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:40 AM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Purple pussies are already chirping at the office this morning.

Never forget that beating KU is their national championship
It's hilarious how many texts I got about "this game reaffirms my hatred of KSU fans" LOL
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:46 AM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Eh, you're gonna drop a few on the road like that. Is what it is.

The bigger issue was dropping those at WVU and in Florida. Those are the killers.
Yep, if we can't pull a rabbit out of a hat here, we'll look back on those losses as the downfall of a good team. Provided we don't absolutely shit the bed down the stretch.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:31 AM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It's hilarious how many texts I got about "this game reaffirms my hatred of KSU fans" LOL
They don’t have much to root for. This really really really meant a lot to them
[Reply]
TEX 05:28 PM 02-06-2024
It's a lot easier for them to get away with their hacking and bullying teams at home, yes.

You are better than this. As a UH Alum, I can assure you that UH, and its fans respect the hell out of KU. Everyone knows that in order to win the Big 12, you have to go through KU. Do home teams get the calls? Absolutely. K State just proved that, and it happens most everywhere. It is what it is.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:54 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
You are better than this. As a UH Alum, I can assure you that UH, and its fans respect the hell out of KU. Everyone knows that in order to win the Big 12, you have to go through KU. Do home teams get the calls? Absolutely. K State just proved that, and it happens most everywhere. It is what it is.
I said nothing that wasn't true. Houston is heavily reliant on playing an overly physical style of basketball, which they generally don't get away with on the road.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:28 PM 02-06-2024
I said nothing that wasn't true. Houston is heavily reliant on playing an overly physical style of basketball, which they generally don't get away with on the road.
KU is almost just as physical. Bill Self teams have always bumped alot. We just don't typically claw as much.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:53 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
KU is almost just as physical. Bill Self teams have always bumped alot. We just don't typically claw as much.
You think this KU team is physical? We have one of the lowest foul rates in the NCAA (in comparison to Houston which is one of the highest).

Houston's defense consists of sending blitzes at players and hacking at them to draw turnovers and they are extremely successful at it. We do nothing of the sort.
[Reply]
TEX 01:47 AM 02-07-2024
Sure u did. UH is more heavily reliant on "aggressive" play rather than "physical" play, mostly due to their small size. They're gonna out hustle most teams and will contest everything, but its not due to thuggery, which was what your coment suggested.
Anyway, Im looking forward to watching UH / KU round 2 in Houston. Good chance it could be for the Big 12 regular season title.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:06 AM 02-07-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
Sure u did. UH is more heavily reliant on "aggressive" play rather than "physical" play, mostly due to their small size. They're gonna out hustle most teams and will contest everything, but its not due to thuggery, which was what your coment suggested.
Anyway, Im looking forward to watching UH / KU round 2 in Houston. Good chance it could be for the Big 12 regular season title.
Kelvin Sampson has had "thuggery" as a primary characteristic of his teams for decades. I haven't seen his team enough this season to say one way or another outside the KU game. While they did the frantic style of D against KU in the one game we've played, it wasn't the typical mugging style I was expecting to witness. It's typically much, much more deliberate.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:34 AM 02-07-2024
Must protect home court and try to steal a couple on the road.

B12 is brutal.
[Reply]
Page 207 of 300
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257 > Last »
Up