ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 267 of 270
« First < 167217257263264265266267 268269270 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
nychief 11:08 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Running a 4.57 isn’t the end of the world.

Lots of really good corners time similarly and our top notch safeties should help elevate the deep speed need.

Ball skills are a premium in today’s NFL and Herb Miller gets his hands on a lot of passes.

The Herbivore could be trash, I have no idea... but 4.57 was Richard Sherman's speed coming out.

I think all of this is just to keep a seat warm till week 5 and Mo is reinstated.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:08 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
It's like there's no nuance in anything anymore. Using that logic there nothing he needs to fix or work on.
Yeah, this is a dumb fucking argument.

Mahomes literally said this himself when asked about what he wants to improve on. He pointed to these exact plays on third down and learning to take the check down, keep the chains moving, and then come back the next play being aggressive. If you’re arguing against this, you’re arguing against Mahomes.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 11:24 AM 08-22-2019
Taking the easy first down completion on 3rd and 4 or less would give Mahomes 3 more chances for a TD pass. That would make Mahomes and the Chiefs offense more productive, imo.
[Reply]
O.city 11:46 AM 08-22-2019
You guys are right, Pat is right. That's not really what i'm trying to argue.

It's more all this talk about "interceptable throws" and "he had plays were the defense got their hands on the ball that they dropped". Ok, well that's not good, sure. But lets look at those actual attempts.

IIRC, 6 of the 10 were at the end of halves etc where he's throwing balls down the field to try and make something happen.

Those don't really matter.
[Reply]
O.city 11:48 AM 08-22-2019
Anyway, in terms of the defense, is there any interest in maybe sniffing around another situational pass rusher?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:02 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Anyway, in terms of the defense, is there any interest in maybe sniffing around another situational pass rusher?
I think the line is pretty set, also they're likely going to keep Attouchu as their backup Sam to use in a stand up rusher type situation.

The biggest thing they're likely going to be looking for is someone cutting an off the ball LB or a CB, I think a deal for a LB is probably the most likely.
[Reply]
O.city 12:06 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think the line is pretty set, also they're likely going to keep Attouchu as their backup Sam to use in a stand up rusher type situation.

The biggest thing they're likely going to be looking for is someone cutting an off the ball LB or a CB, I think a deal for a LB is probably the most likely.
Attachou is good, kinda forgot about that. I like that.

I just don't know that they necessarily have space for another LB'er.

They're gonna keep Hitch, Lee, Wilson, Attachou, Nieman for sure I'd think.

I think Ragland is safe unless they can upgrade which I wish they could but we'll see.

I would like to see them target a corner in a trade like the Ward one, or maybe an early pick that's underwhelmed elsewhere.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:06 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
The Herbivore could be trash, I have no idea... but 4.57 was Richard Sherman's speed coming out.

I think all of this is just to keep a seat warm till week 5 and Mo is reinstated.
And Jamie Moyer won 270 career games throwing 84 mph.

When you can cite 'the guy' that makes your argument for you by memory, that's probably not an argument you want to be making. Sure - Jamie Moyer did it, but the other 99% of the guys who tried to get outs barely able to break a pane of glass sure didn't.

No, it's not impossible for a 4.6 CB to be worth a damn in this league but it's really unlikely. If there's a bet I'm makin' it isn't that Herb Miller becomes Richard Sherman.

If you're lucky he becomes, I dunno...Quinten Rollins. Rollins was a small schooler with sub-optimal speed who got drafted in the 2nd round because he DID demonstrate elite ball skills; 7 interceptions and 9 passes defensed in his only season of playing college football. Kid was a basketball player by trade and was still able to demonstrate premier ball skills right out of the box because that's just something you have or you don't.

Herb Miller never showed them at all. And despite Rollins showing them immediately in college he still pretty much sucks at the NFL level.

Occasionally you have a Bashaud Breeland - who is not fast by any measure. Maybe a Pierre Desir. It's a hell of a lot more likely that you get an Aaron Hester or a Keith McGill.
[Reply]
O.city 12:09 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And Jamie Moyer won 270 career games throwing 84 mph.

When you can cite 'the guy' that makes your argument for you by memory, that's probably not an argument you want to be making. Sure - Jamie Moyer did it, but the other 99% of the guys who tried to get outs barely able to break a pane of glass sure didn't.

No, it's not impossible for a 4.6 CB to be worth a damn in this league but it's really unlikely. If there's a bet I'm makin' it isn't that Herb Miller becomes Richard Sherman.

If you're lucky he becomes, I dunno...Quinten Rollins. Rollins was a small schooler with sub-optimal speed who got drafted in the 2nd round because he DID demonstrate elite ball skills; 7 interceptions and 9 passes defensed in his only season of playing college football. Kid was a basketball player by trade and was still able to demonstrate premier ball skills right out of the box because that's just something you have or you don't.

Herb Miller never showed them at all. And despite Rollins showing them immediately in college he still pretty much sucks at the NFL level.

Occasionally you have a Bashaud Breeland - who is not fast by any measure. Maybe a Pierre Desir. It's a hell of a lot more likely that you get an Aaron Hester or a Keith McGill.
We're just at the point with corner where they're gonna have to roll with what they've got. For atleast 4 games.

Once Claiborne gets back, the top 4 are pretty solid IMO.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:11 PM 08-22-2019
Attachou is good, kinda forgot about that. I like that.

I just don't know that they necessarily have space for another LB'er.

They're gonna keep Hitch, Lee, Wilson, Attachou, Nieman for sure I'd think.

I think Ragland is safe unless they can upgrade which I wish they could but we'll see.

I would like to see them target a corner in a trade like the Ward one, or maybe an early pick that's underwhelmed elsewhere.
I think Hitchens and Lee are extremely safe, Niemann likely is, Wilsons spot is also safe, but if they do keep Attouchu they have to keep other guys. Honestly Ragland is probably here too, I think one more stays after that...right now DOD is gonna make it because there isn't anything else but if they can swing a deal..then that gets jumbled, is DOD cut or do they like him more than Niemann? If the guy they got can play middle is Ragland out?

I think they could easily make room for a LB if it's a guy they like because honestly we kinda suck there.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:12 PM 08-22-2019
You guys are right, Pat is right. That's not really what i'm trying to argue.

It's more all this talk about "interceptable throws" and "he had plays were the defense got their hands on the ball that they dropped". Ok, well that's not good, sure. But lets look at those actual attempts.

IIRC, 6 of the 10 were at the end of halves etc where he's throwing balls down the field to try and make something happen.

Those don't really matter.
Fuck no, they don't. And I still maintain that 99% of DBs don't have the hands to actually catch a Mahomes bullet.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:13 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think Hitchens and Lee are extremely safe, Niemann likely is, Wilsons spot is also safe, but if they do keep Attouchu they have to keep other guys. Honestly Ragland is probably here too, I think one more stays after that...right now DOD is gonna make it because there isn't anything else but if they can swing a deal..then that gets jumbled, is DOD cut or do they like him more than Niemann? If the guy they got can play middle is Ragland out?

I think they could easily make room for a LB if it's a guy they like because honestly we kinda suck there.
What the fuck happened with DOD?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:17 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
What the fuck happened with DOD?
He weighs 220lbs, seems to be injury prone and apparently isn't bright because he had issues picking up the scheme last year and apparently is doing the exact same thing this year.

He better hope Dave Toub loves him as a special teamer or he could be replaced.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:23 PM 08-22-2019
We're just at the point with corner where they're gonna have to roll with what they've got. For atleast 4 games.

Once Claiborne gets back, the top 4 are pretty solid IMO.
Honestly our secondary is tied to Thornhill success. If the kid is good to above average we have a chance at being 10-20 range for passing defense.

If he is just average to below average we are in for more of the same.
[Reply]
O.city 12:24 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Honestly our secondary is tied to Thornhill success. If the kid is good to above average we have a chance at being 10-20 range for passing defense.

If he is just average to below average we are in for more of the same.
I don't know that it's totally Thornhill as much as it is having Ron Parker and Murray off the field as the safeties.

Holy hell that was bad.
[Reply]
Page 267 of 270
« First < 167217257263264265266267 268269270 >
Up