Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Prince
siberian khatru 10:57 AM 04-21-2016
http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince-dead-at-57/

Updated link: http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...nce-dead-at-57
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:33 PM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by stevieray:
complete bullshit.
I've always known you to be a man who admires great artists/performers, so I'm pretty shocked by this take... what exactly about his post do you take issue with, stevie?

Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Going to assume you've never been to Minneapolis then.
I'm sure its a world class city with plenty of cultural attractions and all of the other trappings like pro sports... but the fact is, most major artists abandon places like that for LA or NY once they've become top stars
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:00 PM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I've always known you to be a man who admires great artists/performers, so I'm pretty shocked by this take... what exactly about his post do you take issue with, stevie?

I'm sure its a world class city with plenty of cultural attractions and all of the other trappings like pro sports... but the fact is, most major artists abandon places like that for LA or NY once they've become top stars
Mostly true.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:10 PM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm partial to Sinead O'Connor's cover. You can really feel her pain.
Truth be told, I agree with you here... she did it better, which only shows how savvy he was

He instincts told him that wasnt his song
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:18 PM 04-23-2018
Minneapolis is what KC wishes it could be, in just about every single way.
How so? Having been there several times, I have NO idea from what ass you are pulling this from.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:21 PM 04-23-2018

It was one of "those" days.
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:26 AM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
How so? Having been there several times, I have NO idea from what ass you are pulling this from.
Wow.

Start with this:

Superior Downtown, with many more restaurants, bars, things to do in general. All of their good breweries are either located down there or have tap-rooms.

Sports stadiums are all within easy walking distance to each other; oh, and they are located downtown

An above ground rail system that covers pretty much all of Minneapolis/St Paul

The city, particularly downtown, is incredibly clean.

Airport is convenient and one of the better US airports (Top 10 every year). It's also Top 100 in the World.

How much further should I go? I'm sorry that it obviously strikes a nerve with you since you think I'm talking out of my ass. I grew up in KC, love it, but I go visit Minneapolis 3-4 times per year. Not sure why it hurts your feelings so much that I believe it's a superior city. Many would agree, particularly from a national perspective.
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:27 AM 04-25-2018

No argument there
[Reply]
vailpass 08:31 AM 04-25-2018
Wow.

Start with this:

Superior Downtown, with many more restaurants, bars, things to do in general. All of their good breweries are either located down there or have tap-rooms.

Sports stadiums are all within easy walking distance to each other; oh, and they are located downtown

Airport is convenient and one of the better US airports (Top 10 every year). It's also Top 100 in the World.

How much further should I go? I'm sorry that it obviously strikes a nerve with you since you think I'm talking out of my ass. I grew up in KC, love it, but I go visit Minneapolis 3-4 times per year. Not sure why it hurts your feelings so much that I believe it's a superior city. Many would agree, particularly from a national perspective.
Add to that a first-tier music and arts scene.
[Reply]
threebag 08:34 AM 04-25-2018
Wow.

Start with this:

He (Sweet's) is the dumbest motherfucker
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:38 AM 04-25-2018
Wow.

Start with this:

Speaking of the whole MSP metro, it's around twice the size of KC, so there's a lot to do.

The city has all four major sports plus a Big Ten university, an MLS team, and even the culture around college and high school sports (particularly hockey) is very strong.

The light rail system is nice and is expanding. The airport is first class. The music and fine arts scene are first rate. Eating and shopping in the city are way above average. There are two downtowns with completely different flavors.

It's among the safest large cities in the country. (If you know where not to go, there's very little crime at all) The climate in the summer is very nice.

You're just a few hours drive away from the boundary waters, the north shore, and innumerable outdoors/wilderness/hunting/fishing type pursuits. If a big city isn't your scene really, the state as a whole is a very nice place to live.

Sure, the city has more than its fair share of political loons, the traffic kind of sucks, taxes are pretty high. But it's a pretty good place overall. The cold just serves to keep some of the riff-raff out. :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 09:43 AM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Speaking of the whole MSP metro, it's around twice the size of KC, so there's a lot to do.

The city has all four major sports plus a Big Ten university, an MLS team, and even the culture around college and high school sports (particularly hockey) is very strong.

The light rail system is nice and is expanding. The airport is first class. The music and fine arts scene are first rate. Eating and shopping in the city are way above average. There are two downtowns with completely different flavors.

It's among the safest large cities in the country. (If you know where not to go, there's very little crime at all) The climate in the summer is very nice.

You're just a few hours drive away from the boundary waters, the north shore, and innumerable outdoors/wilderness/hunting/fishing type pursuits. If a big city isn't your scene really, the state as a whole is a very nice place to live.

Sure, the city has more than its fair share of political loons, the traffic kind of sucks, taxes are pretty high. But it's a pretty good place overall. The cold just serves to keep some of the riff-raff out. :-)
That cold, though! Like a Minnesota blizzard, that cold whites out all those nice advantages for me. Consider me riff-raff, haha. Summers in Minnesota are great though.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:52 AM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
That cold, though! Like a Minnesota blizzard, that cold whites out all those nice advantages for me. Consider me riff-raff, haha. Summers in Minnesota are great though.

[Reply]
Eleazar 11:23 AM 04-25-2018
It's not so bad. I spend a lot of time in Manitoba and if you go there in the winter and then go back to Minneapolis, you'll put your cabanawear on. Speaking of mosquitoes, we have a family cabin up north in MB, and the mosquitoes there probably bully some of the birds. We call them Canada's Air Force.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:52 AM 04-25-2018
....it's all perspective., or prerogative. KC's downtown is becoming a pretty happening scene, and national rags have proved this out. DT, Mid town Westport, Plaza ..all pretty unique. Music and Arts? Got it..in spades.

Never understood why Chiefs fans would dog KC, like it's some sort of competition.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:27 PM 04-25-2018
I got off the plane once in Minneapolis and the snot in my nose immediately froze.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 34
« First < 232930313233 34 >
Up