« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Prince
siberian khatru 10:57 AM 04-21-2016
http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince-dead-at-57/

Updated link: http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...nce-dead-at-57
[Reply]
patteeu 08:29 AM 06-06-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I wouldn't even call it an argument. I'd call it talking out of your ass and not having the gumption to admit that you don't know what you're talking about.

I have never claimed that a synthetic opioid, like fentanyl, would provide inferior reduction in acute pain. What I did point out to you is that cannabinoids are quite useful for a variety of pain types, at which point you inferred I was a "NORML-type weed out."
You're responding to my claim (not me to yours), so to the extent that you continue to disagree with me, you are claiming that marijuana is just as effective as fentanyl. This failure of understanding on your part is the crux of our tiresome, ongoing "disagreement".

But since I know I can't count on you admitting that you were wrong, I'll just leave it at that. You can go on trying to impress people with off-point scientific studies and irrelevant talk about the effectiveness of pot, but I'm going to let you do it solo. Any fair reading of our exchange will show that I admitted ambiguity in one sentence of my initial statement and tried to clarify it but that you were unwilling to make a good faith effort to understand.
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 08:53 AM 06-06-2016
You honorable gentlemen should settle this in the most honorable gentlemanly way possible.

[Reply]
raybec 4 09:34 AM 06-06-2016
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
Let m see if I have this straight. Hydrocodone/acetaminophen 325/10 goes for $10? Seems cheap.
A buck a milligram is pretty standard. Unless you buy in bulk
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:19 PM 10-04-2016
sorry to bump-But this comes from the I want my money relatives

Originally Posted by :
Attorneys argue that blood ties not needed for claim on Prince's estate.
Was Duane Nelson Prince's brother by another mother and another father?
By Emma Nelson Star Tribune OCTOBER 4, 2016 — 6:04PM
\
It appears that Duane Nelson was not Prince's biological brother after all. But attorneys for Duane's progeny are arguing that under Minnesota law, that shouldn't matter when it comes time to divvy up the late megastar's multimillion dollar estate.

Court documents released Tuesday say that Prince and Duane did not share a father — John L. Nelson — even though his name is on both men's birth certificates. John L. Nelson did sire Prince, the documents say, but Duane's father was a man named Joseph Griswold. Duane's mother was John L. Nelson's ex-wife, Vivian Nelson.

The revelations were contained in filings by attorneys for Duane's daughter and granddaughter, Brianna and Victoria Nelson. They claim they have a rightful place among a group of several heirs who stand to inherit Prince's estate, valued between $100 million and $300 million before taxes.

Prince died April 21 of an overdose of the painkiller fentanyl. He has no known will.

Attorneys for Brianna and Victoria Nelson say under Minnesota law, a genetic relationship isn't necessary for the two to qualify as heirs. John Nelson was, for all intents and purposes, Duane Nelson's father — he called Duane his son, he dropped Duane off at college and identified Duane in a draft of his will, according to court documents.

Duane also had a close relationship with Prince, according to the documents. In high school, Prince referred to Duane as his brother, and the two remained close into adulthood. Duane worked for a time as Prince's security chief.

Brianna and Victoria Nelson have resisted genetic testing ordered in July by Carver County District Court Judge Kevin Eide, who is overseeing the estate. Eide issued an order Monday vacating the earlier order requiring that they submit to genetic tests to prove their claim on the estate, noting that they were not claiming to be blood relatives. Eide said if he finds that Brianna and Victoria Nelson have a valid claim on the estate under another theory of law, then he would conduct an evidentiary hearing Nov. 30.
Also, a bit of a fight from the city council about permits to open house as a museum
http://www.startribune.com/paisley-p...ans/395863241/
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:44 PM 10-04-2016
To have that much left to give with no instructions

Stereotypical scatterbrained genius... unearthly prescience in one area of life, thoughtless kid in the other

RIP, Rogers Nelson
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:46 PM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Check out this rare version of a cut from the Controversy album, something to break up a boring friday night

New wave, punk, and funk all blended perfectly together

I'm thinking Dez Dickerson had something to do with this release

Its always friday in Paisley Park, something for a boring wednesday
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:30 PM 10-25-2017
Prior to a few weeks ago I had never listened to Prince in depth.

After listening to Prince, Purple Rain and 1999 I have to say- Prince was fucking awesome. I wasn't quite prepared for the amount of instrumentals in his songs, though.

I look forward to hearing the rest of his albums. He's got a shit ton of work to sift through.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:01 PM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

After listening to Prince, Purple Rain and 1999 I have to say- Prince was ****ing awesome. I wasn't quite prepared for the amount of instrumentals in his songs, though.

I look forward to hearing the rest of his albums. He's got a shit ton of work to sift through.
Baby I'm a Star
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:51 PM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
8+ minutes of unplugged brilliance, a true musician... just for you RainMan

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView....43&relatepage=
Every song in this medley is something that came after my initial fandom, but to see him there with just a guitar killing that audience while showing some genuine personality throughout is simply unreal

Its almost like his Elvis black leather comeback special... thats authentic soul music
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:32 PM 03-27-2018
New details about Prince’s death have been revealed — and they’ll raise a brow.

The Associated Press obtained a confidential toxicology report on Monday that found that the music legend died of an “exceedingly high” amount of fentanyl, according to multiple experts who aren’t tied to an investigation into Prince’s death.

On April 21, 2016, Prince was found unresponsive in his Paisley Park home in Minnesota at the age of 57. A report released by the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office in June 2016 found that the “Purple Rain” singer died of an overdose of fentanyl — a synthetic opiate that is hundreds of times more potent than heroin, per the Centers for Disease Control.

According to the report the AP obtained, fatalities due to fentanyl have been documented in people who have had blood levels as low as 3 micrograms by liter or as high as 58 micrograms per liter. Prince’s blood, the report found, had a stunning 67.8 micrograms per liter.

It also found that the fentanyl in Prince’s liver was 450 micrograms per kilogram, which far exceeds the amount that can “seem to represent overdose or fatal toxicity cases,” which is 69 micrograms per kilogram.

“The amount in [Prince’s] blood is exceedingly high, even for somebody who is a chronic pain patient on fentanyl patches,” Dr. Lewis Nelson, chairman of emergency medicine at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, told the AP. He added that the fentanyl concentrations were “a pretty clear smoking gun.”
Last week, Carver County Attorney Mark Metz said the investigation into whether to charge anyone in connection with Prince’s death remains “active.”
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:03 PM 03-27-2018
The tox supports the theory that he mixed up his pills, IMO. If he hadn't been found at the bottom of an elevator you might think intentional overdose, with levels that high.
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:21 AM 03-28-2018
People are dying down here every day because fentanyl is being sold as heroine.
They do the amount of H they normally would and Bam dead.
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:39 AM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

After listening to Prince, Purple Rain and 1999 I have to say- Prince was ****ing awesome. I wasn't quite prepared for the amount of instrumentals in his songs, though.

He was an amazing guitarist. Not something you'd think.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:48 AM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
He was an amazing guitarist. Not something you'd think.
He was an amazing everything, dude played 21 instruments at a professional level
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:55 PM 04-19-2018
No one will be charged in the accidental overdose of musical artist Prince, a Minnesota county prosecutor announced at a Thursday press conference held almost exactly two years after the singer’s*untimely death*at age 57.

Prince died by ingesting an*“exceedingly high” amount of fentanyl, an opioid many times stronger than morphine or heroin. Carver County Attorney Mark Metz said the drug was contained within counterfeit Vicodin pills found around the singer’s Paisley Park compound outside Minneapolis.

Authorities could not determine who provided Prince with the deadly pills.*
[Reply]
Page 28 of 34
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Up