ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>We have the GOAT QB...
MTG#10 03:08 PM 09-22-2018
...and he's only played three regular season games. Patrick Mahomes will quickly make people forget about Brady and Montana. When its all said and done in 22 years (yes he will be lighting teams up until he's 45) he will go down in history as the greatest QB of all time. He is already the best QB I've ever seen and I've been watching football since Steve Deberg.

The greatest part is we were the lucky team to draft him. Finally KC has something nice and will be the most hated team by every other fan in the league. I'm going to the Bengals game this year and I'm already working on a mixtape to give him before the game. He has my heart.
[Reply]
JakeLV 12:04 AM 09-23-2018
Tes
[Reply]
rico 12:19 AM 09-23-2018
I’m expecting a ton of bandwagon fans to hop on in the next 10-15 years. Which I’m completely fine with.

In my area, if you were to rank the teams in terms of their fan population, it’d probably look something like this:

1.) Bears
2.) Packers
3.) Cowboys
4.) Steelers
5.) Vikings
6.) Colts
7.) 49ers
8.) Broncos
9.) Patriots
10.) Chiefs/Raiders/Eagles/Rams

I expect Chiefs to be top 3 in SEI after we win some rings and also considering that our local newspaper actually covers them less than the Bears and Packers, but as much as the Vikings, for we aren’t THAT far away... It’s nice knowing that I will be one of the “non-bandwagon” guys when this happens.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:12 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
Htis, this kid is special. Don’t worry. We aren’t going to win the Super Bowl every year.

The kid is going to kick ass. The Chiefs will win, and win big. Maybe one SB, maybe none. It will be magical, so enjoy the ride.
Steelers/Pats are in the very last stages of AFC dominance...once Brady/Big Rape go away for good...there is literally nothing in Mahomes way to owning this conference. The refs will have no choice but to conform...the NFL will have to let go of protecting the old guard.
[Reply]
rico 01:44 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Steelers/Pats are in the very last stages of AFC dominance...once Brady/Big Rape go away for good...there is literally nothing in Mahomes way to owning this conference. The refs will have no choice but to conform...the NFL will have to let go of protecting the old guard.
I can see there being some Mahomes-Mayfield showdowns someday. Mayfield looks the part so far and they have the whole Texas Tech backstory. :-) Think about that.... a decade plus where the Chiefs and Browns are dominant teams. :-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:57 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by rico:
I can see there being some Mahomes-Mayfield showdowns someday. Mayfield looks the part so far and they have the whole Texas Tech backstory. :-) Think about that.... a decade plus where the Chiefs and Browns are dominant teams. :-)
I predicted Dorsey would pick him #1. He has nowhere near the arm talent as Mahomes but has the same intangible "It" quality....like coming off the bench and leading a team that hasn't won a game in 2 years to its first victory on national TV.

Some people...the gods just smile on.
[Reply]
JD10367 02:43 AM 09-23-2018
Can’t wait for Mahomes to throw 4 picks tomorrow and singlehandedly lose the game while Alex Smith throws for 500 yards and 6 TDs. Just for the entertainment value of this place.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 03:36 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Can’t wait for Mahomes to throw 4 picks tomorrow and singlehandedly lose the game while Alex Smith throws for 500 yards and 6 TDs. Just for the entertainment value of this place.
Wow...

What an evil heart you have...

Who hurt you?

And how did they hurt you?

Just point it out on the doll
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:47 AM 09-23-2018
people tell us to pump the brakes with mahomes after three games...

mayfield hasn't even been named the starter :-)

i get it tho :-)
[Reply]
rico 03:47 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by JD10367:
:-) The Alexsexuals would be unbearable. However...It’s literally more likely that Mahomes throws four 75+ yard TD’s and Alex throws for 500 feet and 1-2 hidden TD’s. This is mostly more likely because of the Alex part of your hypothetical. Dude won’t ever throw 500/6 TD’s. Now, he COULD set a record for punter set-ups. Wonder what the record is for that...? Whatever it is, I’m sure Alex crushed it a long time ago.
[Reply]
rico 03:49 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
people tell us to pump the brakes with mahomes after three games...

mayfield hasn't even been named the starter :-)

i get it tho :-)
Oh I haven’t ordained Mayfield yet... I can just see it unraveling that way. Guy at least looked like a scrapper with some balls. First impression NFL wise.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:54 AM 09-23-2018
I’m expecting a ton of bandwagon fans to hop on in the next 10-15 years. Which I’m completely fine with.

In my area, if you were to rank the teams in terms of their fan population, it’d probably look something like this:

1.) Bears
2.) Packers
3.) Cowboys
4.) Steelers
5.) Vikings
6.) Colts
7.) 49ers
8.) Broncos
9.) Patriots
10.) Chiefs/Raiders/Eagles/Rams

I expect Chiefs to be top 3 in SEI after we win some rings and also considering that our local newspaper actually covers them less than the Bears and Packers, but as much as the Vikings, for we aren’t THAT far away... It’s nice knowing that I will be one of the “non-bandwagon” guys when this happens.

CP may become the go to forum.
[Reply]
rico 04:13 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
CP may become the go to forum.
Maybe... I’ve introduced a couple people to CP, but they couldn’t hang... they would leave their computer, butthurt for hours due to being told to drink AIDS-infested antifreeze because of their “n00by” posts. :-) Things are starting to lighten up over here, so maybe some more n00bs will be able to push through it. CP is already the best forum I’ve come across because of the loose moderation. It’s funny going from CP to another team’s forum... in the Romper Room, someone posted a link to Extreme Skins where Sandy and temper11 are still fighting for their Alex... not only were Sandy’s posts funny to me as usual, but it was funny how strict they are there. Someone was threatened to be banned, simply because they were being too abrasive. And this guy wasn’t even being that bad...I mean, over here it wouldn’t have even been given a second thought, for actual friends on these boards write to each other the way this guy did.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:57 AM 09-23-2018
Cleveland has the much better defense. They held Drew Brees in the Saints dome to just 21 points. It sounds crazy but I think Mayfield might have the better supporting cast than Mahomes. Baker won’t need to score 40 every game.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:16 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Cleveland has the much better defense. They held Drew Brees in the Saints dome to just 21 points. It sounds crazy but I think Mayfield might have the better supporting cast than Mahomes. Baker won’t need to score 40 every game.
Cleveland has the better defense, but their offensive weapons aren’t even close to ours.

I would either Hill or Kelce over Landry. I’d take Hunt over any running back on their roster.

Watkins is better than any wide receiver they have not named Landry.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:24 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Cleveland has the better defense, but their offensive weapons aren’t even close to ours.

I would either Hill or Kelce over Landry. I’d take Hunt over any running back on their roster.

Watkins is better than any wide receiver they have not named Landry.
That's true but a really good QB doesn't need a ton of talent around him on that side of the ball. Look at Mahomes in Denver with Albert Wilson.

The defense is completely out of the QB's control and it cost Mahomes a lot of games in college. A bad defense on a team also puts a ton of pressure on the QB if he feels he has to score a TD on every single drive.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up