ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>At what point did you realize that Mahomes was other-worldly?
Fat Elvis 11:34 PM 09-21-2018
For me, it was last year in a preseason game vs the Bungles. Mahomes gets flushed out of the pocket, rolls to his right, and throws a freakin' *curveball* to his receiver between three defenders.

Prior to that play, it never occurred to me that throwing a curveball with a football (let alone throwing a curveball with a baseball) on the run was even within the realm of possibility.

Mahomes making the unblocked defender miss on a naked boot and threading the needle. pic.twitter.com/26xbo3qpGH

— Ted Nguyen (@FB_FilmAnalysis) August 20, 2017

[Reply]
MahiMike 11:08 AM 09-22-2018
The one in the OP was mine as well. I remember posting that on Facebook with a "watch out world" post. Friends were trying to tell me how "reckless" that was. I told them, that's why he's here dudes.
[Reply]
bsroyals54 12:15 PM 09-22-2018
Gotta be that 4th quarter 4th down 13-16 yard pass to Wilson vs Denver. In Mahomes first NFL game of his career, he led the Chiefs to a victory. (after being taken out of the game so Bray could get some NFL time too, but you know how that ended) His natural throwing ability on the move (and strength) is astounding
[Reply]
eDave 12:36 PM 09-22-2018
Can't wait to see what he and Reid have in store for his home opener.
[Reply]
FAX 12:45 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
You know full well that Wally has been scheming these gays since the schedule came out. Who knows what metaphysical concoction he's stirred up in the lab?

I just heard from some reporter who's been hanging in KC this week that Mahomes has been seeing and calling the protections all week perfectly. And, he's been taking the hot read in every single case ... hasn't missed one. (BTW, is Litton running the scout team? If so, that makes me happy.)

It's difficult for some people to imagine (even me, really), but Mahomes could well throw for another 5 or 6 TDs this week.

There's a part of me that's anticipating more bubble screens, sweeps, and traps this week ... I don't know why that part of me is so stupid. We'll go deep, deeper, and deepest. That's my guess. Spread them out just like the Stoolers game and make them stop it. If they do, go to plan B. If they can't ... well ... blowout by halftime.

FAX THE CONFIDENT
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:51 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
eDave my man !!

I will say he will set the record for most TD passes in a game. He should have had the record last week with 8 when he overthrew Hill and Watkins. And I don't think I am being unrealistic about this either especially when have an accurate .50cal at QB with missile WRs, a bazooka at TE, and a Humvee at RB that can catch the ball out of the backfield, in the souped up WC offense.

Andy finally has his perfect "all you can eat buffet" in a playbook. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:57 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
eDave my man !!

I will say he will set the record for most TD passes in a game. He should have had the record last week with 8 when he overthrew Hill and Watkins. And I don't think I am being unrealistic about this either especially when have an accurate .50cal at QB with missile WRs, a bazooka at TE, and a Humvee at RB that can catch the ball out of the backfield, in the souped up WC offense.

Andy finally has his perfect "all you can eat buffet" in a playbook. :-)
Weren't you leading the parade saying Mahomes will need 2 years of grooming under Alex to fix his awful footwork?

Now you are predicting 8 TDs in his 4th NFL game? :-)

Welcome to the bandwagon!!
[Reply]
FAX 01:02 PM 09-22-2018
Nah ... he goes in the caboose. All early doubters go in the caboose.

FAX
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:05 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Weren't you leading the parade saying Mahomes will need 2 years of grooming under Alex to fix his awful footwork?

Now you are predicting 8 TDs in his 4th NFL game? :-)

Welcome to the bandwagon!!
Sure don't remember saying that about the kid, if so show me the post and I will own it.:-)

FWIW, I have always been in this kid's corner and especially when I saw him play at TT one Saturday afternoon on TV his last year not expecting anything and all of a sudden this kid at QB is just jumping off the screen with these amazing accurate throws and half of them on the run.:-)
[Reply]
FAX 01:14 PM 09-22-2018
Okay. You don't have to go in the caboose, then.

FAX
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:18 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Sure don't remember saying that about the kid, if so show me the post and I will own it.:-)

FWIW, I have always been in this kid's corner and especially when I saw him play at TT one Saturday afternoon on TV his last year not expecting anything and all of a sudden this kid at QB is just jumping off the screen with these amazing accurate throws and half of them on the run.:-)
I bet it was Dane that was saying it and you were trying to set him straight- my bad. It was a big ol' thing, complaining about his footwork. :-)

Remember everyone saying how horrible Mahomes footwork was- from announcers to radio Dj's. Now they see him throw a 70 yard bomb off his back foot and LOVE how much he has improved!! Seems he is still playing the same way since high school. Mahomes does not need 3 seconds to set his feet before throwing. Similar to what Rodgers was doing against the Bears- playing on 1 leg. It is amazing and goes against the basic QB mechanics most use to throw the ball.

What Mahomes has improved / learned - was taking the snap under center. I think a few talked about that and nailed it. He does not even look like the same QB- he seems so comfortable under center now.

It is funny how many were pissed that we took Mahomes over Watson because of these two issues.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:28 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I bet it was Dane that was saying it and you were trying to set him straight- my bad. It was a big ol' thing, complaining about his footwork. :-)

Remember everyone saying how horrible Mahomes footwork was- from announcers to radio Dj's. Now they see him throw a 70 yard bomb off his back foot and LOVE how much he has improved!! Seems he is still playing the same way since high school. Mahomes does not need 3 seconds to set his feet before throwing. Similar to what Rodgers was doing against the Bears- playing on 1 leg. It is amazing and goes against the basic QB mechanics most use to throw the ball.

What Mahomes has improved / learned - was taking the snap under center. I think a few talked about that and nailed it. He does not even look like the same QB- he seems so comfortable under center now.

It is funny how many were pissed that we took Mahomes over Watson because of these two issues.
:-)

I agree with your assessment. But the big thing for me is(and you can't teach this, either you have it or you don't) GAMERSHIP with excellent leadership !!

He is a pure GAMER !!! His insatiable appetite of the soul to win and will do everything he can to do so and will except nothing less.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:32 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This was the play that changed The Matrix.

After that, anything is possible.
That was it. I didn’t know if he’d pan out or not. But that throw isn’t human.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 01:39 PM 09-22-2018
That game vs. Ou hell it was like he was scoring everytime. Also that pass to sherman fuck ya so good.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:45 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
If you notice in that gif you see Peters jumping up in excitement. I hope PM2 puts Peters in meltdown mode in Mexico humbling him with every throw.:-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:45 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
:-)

This was the play that ended all the "Mahomes has shitty footwork" talk.

It is like he Wills the ball to go where he wants it to.

Marino was like that too- he saw guys "open" before they even made their break. It is like they can envision how the play is going to break before it happens and put the ball exactly where it needs to be. A 3rd football sense.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up