ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>At what point did you realize that Mahomes was other-worldly?
Fat Elvis 11:34 PM 09-21-2018
For me, it was last year in a preseason game vs the Bungles. Mahomes gets flushed out of the pocket, rolls to his right, and throws a freakin' *curveball* to his receiver between three defenders.

Prior to that play, it never occurred to me that throwing a curveball with a football (let alone throwing a curveball with a baseball) on the run was even within the realm of possibility.

Mahomes making the unblocked defender miss on a naked boot and threading the needle. pic.twitter.com/26xbo3qpGH

— Ted Nguyen (@FB_FilmAnalysis) August 20, 2017

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:15 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This was the play that changed The Matrix.

After that, anything is possible.
Personally, it was the scramble for first down on third-and-long at Denver, but this is good too.
[Reply]
Bump 01:31 AM 09-22-2018
That 70 yd bomb in the air completed to Hill in the pre-season vs the bears
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:51 AM 09-22-2018
When he won @DEN with a bunch of backups, and for the most part, looked good doing it. Made a bad pass or 2, which was expected, but the win perked my ears up. He made big plays when he had to in a tough cold road environment.

The Steelers game was the real test, and he passed it w/ flying colors. He passed the eye test, made it look easy. He wasn't rattled in the pocked, he looked like a poised veteran and was throwing passes on ropes, and in places where only our receivers could catch it.

If he continues this hot streak, esp if the OL gets better (more consistent), he's going to do some ridiculous things stat wise. Move over DV years, Mahomes is going to shatter a lot of those records and he's gonna laugh while doing it. Priest will give him the Nacho salute from the owners box.

- Too much surrounding talent
- A QB that wants to wing it all over the field, gets a fucking hard on for lighting up the scoreboard.
- A coach that is very pass-happy, and can call any play because he knows he has a QB with the arm and balls to make every throw.
- A good RB to fall back on when needed
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 06:07 AM 09-22-2018
I’ll be honest, I’ve loved Pat the whole time, but I’ve been worried he wouldn’t live up to expectations. Not because of him, but because Chiefs. For some reason that first TD pass to Conley last week did it for me. The penalty pushed us back and then he proceeded to not give a f***, look off the Safety, and hit Conley in stride.

I thought, AS11 would have immediately settled for a FG in his mind. Then it hit me, we’ve never had anything like this... hell, I’m not sure any team has. Then he goes on to throw five more TDs. Folks, I don’t have to tell any of you, but we have something very special!
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:14 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
I’ll be honest, I’ve loved Pat the whole time, but I’ve been worried he wouldn’t live up to expectations. Not because of him, but because Chiefs. For some reason that first TD pass to Conley last week did it for me. The penalty pushed us back and then he proceeded to not give a f***, look off the Safety, and hit Conley in stride.

I thought, AS11 would have immediately settled for a FG in his mind. Then it hit me, we’ve never had anything like this... hell, I’m not sure any team has. Then he goes on to throw five more TDs. Folks, I don’t have to tell any of you, but we have something very special!
Haha, as much as I believe in Pat the bolded part still creeps in the back of my head. Chiefs fans can't have nice things. I feel I'm somehow being duped.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:15 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
He isn't. Not at all.

It's so weird, really. Guys like Skip Clueless and Thannon Tharp actually MAKE UP stats to support completely fabricated narratives regarding Mahomes. I've never seen anything like it.

Then again, I've never actually fact-checked most of these imbeciles.

Because who wants to spend their time fact-checking imbeciles?

FAX
Pat Mahomes - Gunslinger. :: Andy Reid - Bad Clock manager

Once the national idiots get an idea in their head, they see what they want to see...
[Reply]
Chiefs Moon 06:16 AM 09-22-2018
A few months before the draft I watched everything YouTube had on the top QB's. Mahomes' play varied between good and unbelievable. There was no question who the best QB was. Listening to draft "experts" say Mahomes was a 2nd round talent with bad footwork was maddening. Anyone who makes a living evaluating talent or commenting on sports who didn't recognize Mahomes was a top-of-the-draft talent, should quit or be fired. The LSU game alone tells you everything you need to know about Mahomes.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 06:21 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Haha, as much as I believe in Pat the bolded part still creeps in the back of my head. Chiefs fans can't have nice things. I feel I'm somehow being duped.
RIGHT?!? Lol It’s still so surreal to me. I mean, this just doesn’t happen to us.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:23 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
I'm surprised how many people never watched his Tech film after he was drafted.

His college tape is rife with amazing stuff. He was literally a human highlight reel at Tech.

Interestingly, he wasn't nearly as "gunslingerish" as many idiots would have you believe (in the sense that he was reckless with the ball, I mean). Actually, if there was nothing there, he'd get what he could with his feet and/or throw the ball away to live for another down. I think he got that reputation because he had absolutely no defense on his team (I mean, none) and had to score on almost every possession in order to have a prayer of keeping a game close. It just demonstrates how lazy and uninformed most talking nogs really are.

FAX
We couldn't have got all the way up to #1/#2 so we should as Chief fans be grateful this "gunslinger" fell to us at #10. :-)
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 06:35 AM 09-22-2018

This was it for me, too.

I mean, I had a feeling he’d be special when we drafted him, but was always a bit cautious.

After that play, I abandoned all cautiousness. I knew the guy would be a legit star, and maybe a legend.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:31 AM 09-22-2018
Watching him in preseason last year made me realize that we finally have a real qb with a ton of upside. After the :-) game last year, I was sold on the fact that he has everything to be special. Now for the first time in many years, I find myself wanting to watch everything I can concerning the Chiefs. He has made football fun for me again.
[Reply]
Otter 07:38 AM 09-22-2018
In college. He's got that perfect mix of confidence, cocky, and the talent to back it up.

See my sig.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:07 AM 09-22-2018

I think that play changed it a lot for everyone, including the team. To see them dancing down the sideline... they knew it too.

And IIRC, there was a shot of Smith right after that play too. You could tell by the look on his face that he knew he was done in Kansas City. Priceless!
[Reply]
wazu 08:17 AM 09-22-2018

This was it for me as well. I was at that game and I’ve never seen a preseason crowd go that nuts.
[Reply]
Best22 08:30 AM 09-22-2018
42 motherfcking points in Roethlisberger's palace
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up