ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Did anybody see the Week 2 Stats segment on NFL Total Access just now?
htismaqe 09:53 PM 09-21-2018
It ain't just Patrick Mahomes lighting up the league.

Through two weeks, this is an all-time historic season for points, TDs by QBs, and all kinds of other stuff.

To me, it's just further evidence of how much they've neutered defenses in recent years.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:27 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
I saw a stat a couple days ago about how week 2 had I think 30 more touchdowns than week 2 of just last year. That kind of tempered my Mahomes hype a bit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Smith led 3 FG drives. Just sayin'
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:28 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It ain't just Patrick Mahomes lighting up the league.

Through two weeks, this is an all-time historic season for points, TDs by QBs, and all kinds of other stuff.

To me, it's just further evidence of how much they've neutered defenses in recent years.

You basically can’t touch the QB’s anymore. Now that we have Mahomes, I’m ok with it. It’s not football anymore though.

Just put flags on the QB & call it a day.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:29 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Smith led 3 FG drives. Just sayin'

Some things never change.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:30 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by milkman:
The old adage that says defense wins championships just isn't true anymore.

Just look at the Super Bowls over the last couple of years.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:33 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
You'd like to have balance. Rams look pretty strong because the defense is good and so is the offense. Chiefs don't need a great defense, but they need a much better one than we have seen so far.

They have one?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:02 AM 09-22-2018
Right but the point was that the whole league is breaking records.
Who cares?

If the whole league is breaking records, then you better be breaking records yourself.

We are.

That doesn't take anything away from Mahomes at all.
[Reply]
jjjayb 01:49 PM 09-22-2018
Is anybody really surprised that offense is up this year? The defense isn't allowed to tackle anymore. If you sack the QB perfectly, don't hit him high, don't hit him low, you still draw a 15 yard penalty because you tackled him too hard. The old days of hard hitting defenses dictating games are long gone. Remember the phrase "defense wins championships"? Not even remotely true today.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:15 PM 09-22-2018
Alex Smith scored 9 points last week.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:19 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I don't love the trends, but boy did we get a world class, cut throat passer at the right time.
Yeah, on the one hand, it's a shame what football is becoming. Like the Arena League wasn't ADD enough.

On the other hand, if this is what the NFL is today, it's one heck of time to have Patrick Mahomes.
Yup, I hate what this league is becoming

But if it HAS to be that way... we sure got the right QB for it
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:25 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That doesn't account for Smith hidden touchdowns
[Reply]
FAX 03:54 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Nor does it account for punter ... er ... up setting.

The stats don't tell the punter setting-up story very well ... at all, really, when you think about it.

PFF puts that in the DGAD column on their spreadsheet (which is included in the Super Pro Nerd Insider Subscription).

FAX
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:42 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Yeah but I bet he setup the punter like a champ!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:02 AM 09-23-2018
I feel like the league has slowly been saying fuck defense we wanna sell passing and fantasy points. And for years the way to fall into favor is through the passing game, and KC finally got on board this train.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:22 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea.

I’ll bet If I went back and watched an old Chiefs game from the early 90s it would feel very antiquated.

The NFL is Damn near becoming Arena League.
Originally Posted by milkman:
This is why I am not overly concerned with the Chiefs defense.

The old adage that says defense wins championships just isn't true anymore.
THIS! That era is over. I'm sure the defensive players are just as good as the ones 20 years ago. It's the rule changes. They did this on purpose to get more offense in the game.

The great thing for us is that we finally have our own young franchise QB. And it seems like the NFL loves it some Mahomes. Maybe we are going to be getting those Pitt and NE ref calls soon too.
[Reply]
rico 07:38 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up