ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Did anybody see the Week 2 Stats segment on NFL Total Access just now?
htismaqe 09:53 PM 09-21-2018
It ain't just Patrick Mahomes lighting up the league.

Through two weeks, this is an all-time historic season for points, TDs by QBs, and all kinds of other stuff.

To me, it's just further evidence of how much they've neutered defenses in recent years.
[Reply]
-King- 10:03 PM 09-21-2018
I saw a stat a couple days ago about how week 2 had I think 30 more touchdowns than week 2 of just last year. That kind of tempered my Mahomes hype a bit.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kccrow 10:05 PM 09-21-2018
Well, Mahomes and FitzMagic have about 8 games worth of Alex Smith-level production so far, so there's that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:07 PM 09-21-2018
Check this out. Especially look at points per game, passing TD's, etc. Crazy stuff.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../NFL/index.htm
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 PM 09-21-2018
Over the last 10 years, look at the trends vs. the 90's. Not only are TDs way up, INTs are way down. You can clearly see the trend towards more and more passing.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:14 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Over the last 10 years, look at the trends vs. the 90's. Not only are TDs way up, INTs are way down. You can clearly see the trend towards more and more passing.
I don't love the trends, but boy did we get a world class, cut throat passer at the right time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:20 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I don't love the trends, but boy did we get a world class, cut throat passer at the right time.
Yeah, on the one hand, it's a shame what football is becoming. Like the Arena League wasn't ADD enough.

On the other hand, if this is what the NFL is today, it's one heck of time to have Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:35 PM 09-21-2018
Mahomes is already breaking records- and he is just getting started.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:36 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Mahomes is already breaking records- and he is just getting started.
Right but the point was that the whole league is breaking records.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:41 PM 09-21-2018
Yea.

I’ll bet If I went back and watched an old Chiefs game from the early 90s it would feel very antiquated.

The NFL is Damn near becoming Arena League.
[Reply]
milkman 02:30 AM 09-22-2018
This is why I am not overly concerned with the Chiefs defense.

The old adage that says defense wins championships just isn't true anymore.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:04 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by milkman:
This is why I am not overly concerned with the Chiefs defense.

The old adage that says defense wins championships just isn't true anymore.
You'd like to have balance. Rams look pretty strong because the defense is good and so is the offense. Chiefs don't need a great defense, but they need a much better one than we have seen so far.
[Reply]
HemiEd 03:09 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Marketing to the casual fan.
[Reply]
milkman 03:12 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
You'd like to have balance. Rams look pretty strong because the defense is good and so is the offense. Chiefs don't need a great defense, but they need a much better one than we have seen so far.
Sure. I would like more balance.

But then, we saw what the Patriots did to a damn good Eagle defense.
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:18 AM 09-22-2018
The refs can control the game more than ever now with arbitrary decisions on when to blow the whistle.
Last week you have Justin Houston's jersey getting practically pulled off, the Packers getting totally fucked on the roughing call, while Mahomes was piled into the ground.

I have a tendency to think we just have to wait until they script in what we are looking for.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up