ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 21
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Has our defense been HARSHLY judged?
UChieffyBugger 04:35 PM 09-21-2018
It seems to be in fashion to knock the Chiefs defense. WE as fans slaughter them daily, the local press slaughter then daily, the NATIONAL and INTERNATIONAL media slaughter them daily, and when I sit and think about the circumstances sounding that group, one could argue that they are getting judged a little harshly.

Now let's start with the preseason. Ragland and Hitchens played ONE warm-up together against the Bears and both missed several practice sessions. Nelson got knocked out of the Atlanta game and missed sessions himself, whilst Parker wasn't even In our building during the preseason. Then we have Ford who Is just returning to the team after being out for most of last season, and Houston barely played In the warm-up games himself.

Last year there was a perception that we had "the worst defense known to man", but I argued it was an overblown notion because the reality was that we were around fifteenth In the points allowed tally. But that notion has stuck with the team and now this unit that has barely played together Is thrown together and Is trying to both gel as a unit and get their football legs going all whilst facing TWO quality offenses on the road. The Pats defense started off badly too last year and then managed to be a decent unit until the superbowl where they contrived to drop their best corner, so there is a clear example of how things can change quickly In this game.
[Reply]
carcosa 04:37 PM 09-21-2018
Yeah. They're not good or even decent, but they're not historically awful either.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:37 PM 09-21-2018
I think so, yes

There have been some notable breakdowns in zone coverage that can he cleaned up. They've forced 8 punts to this point and that's a little low but proof they CAN get stops.

I think we piss-pound SF this week and the defense shows out, at least in the first half.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:37 PM 09-21-2018
You start a thread like this pretty much every week.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:38 PM 09-21-2018
The sun will rise in Kansas City on Sunday.

Our defense is going to tare them to shredzz!!!!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:38 PM 09-21-2018
Fuuuuuuuuuuu******* !!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:40 PM 09-21-2018
I've stated all along the circumstances our defense has been under will improve every week. we'll be at least 15 shortly. This week will be telling.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:41 PM 09-21-2018
Jimmy G is no Bum Roethlisberger and Pierre Garcon is no Antonio Brown.

They'll probably give up 21 points which won't be enough against THIS offense.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:41 PM 09-21-2018
Which defense is worse?

Vermeils ‘Career Day’ defenses or the current ‘Bend and Break’ defense?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:42 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
You start a thread like this pretty much every week.
And? You know you have other threads you can look at, right? :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:42 PM 09-21-2018
Near or at the bottom of the league in most metrics. The only positive is they statistically can't be much worse, so yay, go defense I guess.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:44 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I've stated all along the circumstances our defense has been under will improve every week. we'll be at least 15 shortly. This week will be telling.
We've faced two of the better offenses in the league without our best player and all while the unit is trying to gel and knock off rust. I wonder how many other teams would be shutting out Pit and the Chargers under similar circumstances?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:46 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Near or at the bottom of the league in most metrics. The only positive is they statistically can't be much worse, so yay, go defense I guess.
Yes, but people are forgetting who we have had to face and what the defensive group has been through through preseason. How many other teams would come out with two wins?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:48 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Yes, but people are forgetting who we have had to face and what the defensive group has been through through preseason. How many other teams would come out with two wins?
Good grief. Stop making excuses for these sorry sacks of shit. Hopefully as this year goes along they get their collective heads out of their asses and actually play something resembling NFL ball, but we've won these 2 games riding the historic arm of Mahomes and his ability to get TDs.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:55 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Good grief. Stop making excuses for these sorry sacks of shit. Hopefully as this year goes along they get their collective heads out of their asses and actually play something resembling NFL ball, but we've won these 2 games riding the historic arm of Mahomes and his ability to get TDs.
SMH "excuses?" I've laid out the FACTS in black and white. But of course, many of you "the defense is crap" zombies don't want to hear the truth, you're just stuck on the same path you were on last year :-) .
[Reply]
Page 1 of 21
1 234511 > Last »
Up