ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 303 of 328
« First < 203253293299300301302303 304305306307313 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
Bufkin 10:59 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Padres are in a pickle. They tried to force one of their prospects, Franmil Reyes, into a corner outfield spot. His bat has now caught on fire but there's a catch - he's really not a corner outfielder. He's a first baseman.

The Pads are now talking about trading him since Hosmer is blocking him - and fans are seething.
One of the worst free agent signings of our time. Poetic justice.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:08 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Bufkin:
Funnily enough, Hos would have blocked O'Hearn in exactly the same way. Reyes is on an O'Hearn tear right now.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:54 PM 09-22-2018
The Orioles have clinched the #1 overall pick, right?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:30 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
The Orioles have clinched the #1 overall pick, right?

Yes they have.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:32 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Yes they have.
They also pulled a KU/Mizzou BBall and hired Witt's (father?). Seems like that pick might be foretold.

We clinched pick #2 today. Let's do some damage.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:03 AM 09-23-2018
Sure seems like the Orioles are lining up for Witt based on the hire of his dad uncle and the other scouting adds who are connected.

That’s OK. He’s got tremendous potential, but a lot can happen between October and June.

If Rutschman repeats his season as a hitter, he’s an excellent prospect at #2.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:28 AM 09-23-2018
They also pulled a KU/Mizzou BBall and hired Witt's (father?). Seems like that pick might be foretold.

We clinched pick #2 today. Let's do some damage.

Yeah let’s hope he isn’t a generational player.
[Reply]
Jerok 09:24 AM 09-23-2018
It's okay guys. We can get that #1 pick next year.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:08 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by Bufkin:
But what about his clubhouse leadership?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:14 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
But what about his clubhouse leadership?
Reportedly getting in yelling matches with his manager and yelling "Am I worth the contract now?!" within earshot of reporters is a sign of a great leader, I must say.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:20 AM 09-23-2018
I never understood why he was pegged as such a good guy. I remember when an article came out several years ago, I believe Billy was still with us (R.I.P Billy Butler's career). The article made it seem like Hosmer was a complete jackass as well as several more of the young guys.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:54 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I never understood why he was pegged as such a good guy. I remember when an article came out several years ago, I believe Billy was still with us (R.I.P Billy Butler's career). The article made it seem like Hosmer was a complete jackass as well as several more of the young guys.
The 810 zone meltdown?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:10 AM 09-23-2018
Reportedly getting in yelling matches with his manager and yelling "Am I worth the contract now?!" within earshot of reporters is a sign of a great leader, I must say.
Oooooh boy. Gotta link for that?
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:11 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Oooooh boy. Gotta link for that?
Its been discussed in this thread. Links too
[Reply]
Bufkin 12:02 PM 09-23-2018
First 2 at-bats, and a home run and double for Mondesi. Meanwhile, Keller is 3 innings in with 0 hits.

The future is so bright.
[Reply]
Page 303 of 328
« First < 203253293299300301302303 304305306307313 > Last »
Up