ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 328
1 23451151101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
MrGiggity 09:30 PM 04-06-2018
Thanks for doing this. Been using this website to track our minor leaguers. Matias hit another homer tonight.

http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index...e&ymd=20180406
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:34 PM 04-06-2018
Pratto and Lee are 3 years away at the earliest I would assume.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:20 PM 04-06-2018
Tough pill to swallow but unlike the past few years they are doing the right thing. It's too bad DM had to sign guys like Jay, Duda, and Moose though. Totally pointless
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:27 PM 04-06-2018
I would think that if those guys produce at all, their contracts make them easy deadline deals.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:33 PM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
I would think that if those guys produce at all, their contracts make them easy deadline deals.
For Jack Shit
[Reply]
Canofbier 06:47 AM 04-07-2018
Thanks for starting the new thread, duncan!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:47 AM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Pratto and Lee are 3 years away at the earliest I would assume.

Yes. Probably the two highest upside position players outside of Seuly Matias.

They spent huge money on Matias and got put in the penalty box for signing LA players as a result. Would be cool if one of their big money international signings lived up to the hype

Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Tough pill to swallow but unlike the past few years they are doing the right thing. It's too bad DM had to sign guys like Jay, Duda, and Moose though. Totally pointless

I’ll never have a problem with them going for it before 2016 (and no one should, ever. You don’t dismantle a WS winner two years before you have to) or before 2017. After so many decades of having no chance to win, it was RIGHT for them to try to maximize that group of players and go for it.

Considering the garbage returns available for position players in 2017 at the deadline, there’s also no problem with keeping guys (not to mention the fact they were in the driver’s seat for a playoff spot at that point).

Jay, Moustakas, and Duda are no-risk propositions. Short deals that don’t block anyone this year who deserves a shot and major Pt.

Even though none is likely to bring a major return at the deadline (though needs could be different and shift that market this year, who knows?) it’s also not a bad thing to have some trade capitol.

The Braves, particularly, if they stay in it could be a good match for Moustakas. They have a deep farm system and could move an interesting pitching prospect for him if they decide to go for it. Their 3B stud prospect, Austin Riley, probably isn’t ready to help this year, but an upgrade at that spot could help them a ton if they’re trying to make a push in 2018.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:41 AM 04-07-2018
I’ll say this, too:

The Royals farm system ranking currently is not great, but I got excited looking at Lexington and Wilmington and imagining how those could take shape on the major league roster down the road.

Lee, Matias, Emmanuel Rivera, Gigliotti, Lopez (though he’s at AA), Pratto, Melendez, ever Gasparini offer an intriguing blend of ceiling and floor. Samir Duenez is also at AA, but I have a feeling he’s going to have a big season with the bat.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:28 AM 04-07-2018
As always, a BIG thank you to Duncan for originating these threads. You’re the best, Dude!
[Reply]
TLO 08:35 AM 04-07-2018

[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 09:05 AM 04-07-2018
Not sure if it made it into the other thread before this one was made, but Royals re-signed Zimmer to a minor league deal.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:12 PM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
For someone who hates baseball, you sure post a lot here.
[Reply]
cmh6476 12:26 PM 04-07-2018
So maybe better than the Tigers but worse than the Indians and twins?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:34 PM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’ll say this, too:

The Royals farm system ranking currently is not great, but I got excited looking at Lexington and Wilmington and imagining how those could take shape on the major league roster down the road.

Lee, Matias, Emmanuel Rivera, Gigliotti, Lopez (though he’s at AA), Pratto, Melendez, ever Gasparini offer an intriguing blend of ceiling and floor. Samir Duenez is also at AA, but I have a feeling he’s going to have a big season with the bat.

Keep them all together & bring all up at the same time so they have chemistry.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 328
1 23451151101 > Last »
Up