ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Garoppolo traded to 49ers
DaKCMan AP 06:21 PM 10-30-2017
For 2nd round pick.

Major QB shakeup: 49ers trading 2018 2nd-round draft pick to New England for Patriots’ QB Jimmy Garoppolo, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 31, 2017

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:18 PM 10-31-2017
#49ersshit

Seriously - they just gave up a top 35 pick so they can take Garappolo for a test drive. And if he plays well, they're going to have to pay through the nose to extend him.

Meanwhile, if they liked what they saw on film that much, they could've left him on BB's bench, hoped it suppressed his value and pursued him on the open market in the off-season.

I'd have pulled the trigger on this if it came with a negotiating window to put together a 3-year deal, but giving up that kind of draft capital without a net...well that's why the 49ers suck right now, IMO.

Someday I'll figure out why teams keep trading for these Patriot backups as though they're anything more than clipboard carriers for the greatest HC/QB duo in NFL history. Jimmy G isn't a big guy and he has a history of dings/scratches, which bodes ill for a guy that's never been a starter - why do they think he can handle the added workload? And he's been a big time dink/dunker in his limted run in NE to boot.

He doesn't have tools that jump off the page by any means. His arm talent is fine; 2nd, maybe 3rd round pick caliber. His athleticism is also just fine; nothing exceptional but it doesn't hold him back. He's a big ball of 'meh' with a ceiling as a fringe top 10 passer at best, IMO. And the 49ers will get to pay him FA starting quarterback money to make that happen for them.

I don't get this trade at all.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06:32 PM 12-24-2017
Good trade
[Reply]
RobBlake 07:04 PM 12-24-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
#49ersshit

Seriously - they just gave up a top 35 pick so they can take Garappolo for a test drive. And if he plays well, they're going to have to pay through the nose to extend him.

Meanwhile, if they liked what they saw on film that much, they could've left him on BB's bench, hoped it suppressed his value and pursued him on the open market in the off-season.

I'd have pulled the trigger on this if it came with a negotiating window to put together a 3-year deal, but giving up that kind of draft capital without a net...well that's why the 49ers suck right now, IMO.

Someday I'll figure out why teams keep trading for these Patriot backups as though they're anything more than clipboard carriers for the greatest HC/QB duo in NFL history. Jimmy G isn't a big guy and he has a history of dings/scratches, which bodes ill for a guy that's never been a starter - why do they think he can handle the added workload? And he's been a big time dink/dunker in his limted run in NE to boot.

He doesn't have tools that jump off the page by any means. His arm talent is fine; 2nd, maybe 3rd round pick caliber. His athleticism is also just fine; nothing exceptional but it doesn't hold him back. He's a big ball of 'meh' with a ceiling as a fringe top 10 passer at best, IMO. And the 49ers will get to pay him FA starting quarterback money to make that happen for them.

This entire post is wrong.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:40 PM 12-24-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Yeah I don't agree with it either. BB fucked up by fire sale'ing Jimmy.

That 2nd rounder isn't as sexy as it once was.
[Reply]
RobBlake 07:45 PM 12-24-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Yeah I don't agree with it either. BB ****ed up by fire sale'ing Jimmy.

That 2nd rounder isn't as sexy as it once was.
UM happy how it turned out but they should’ve o fre super bowl or bust and then release/trade Brady and then let jimmy go to work
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:47 PM 12-24-2017
UM happy how it turned out but they should’ve o fre super bowl or bust and then release/trade Brady and then let jimmy go to work
I'm fine with them letting Tom go until it's over, but they should have dumped Jimmy back in the spring when the trade value was a lot higher.

A bad BB decision.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:47 PM 12-24-2017
:-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:39 PM 12-25-2017

So is he under contract after this year? Are the 49ers going to have to pay through the nose to extend him before they know whether he is a brief flash before defenses figure him out?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:42 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

So is he under contract after this year? Are the 49ers going to have to pay through the nose to extend him before they know whether he is a brief flash before defenses figure him out?
The 49ers can tag him if they can’t work out a long term deal.

Also, “defenses” aren’t going to “figure him out”.

He’s a Pro-Style pocket passer with a little mobility.

He’s not a phony Spread-Option guy.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:43 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
#49ersshit

Finally a take as wrong as the Pham ones
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:47 PM 12-25-2017
I like what I’ve seen of him so far. He’s got a nice quick release and is accurate. Definitely has potential.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 07:38 PM 12-25-2017
Jimmy G benefitted heavily from sitting behind Brady and so far he looks legit despite having below average weapons
[Reply]
bowener 08:50 AM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut:
Jimmy G benefitted heavily from sitting behind Brady and so far he looks legit despite having below average weapons
49ers cap situation is quite insane sitting somewhere just over $117 million for next season. Browns are nearly tied with that. Jimmy is going to get some weapons next season for sure.

Jimmy Graham is a UFA and would be an incredible signing to steal from a divisional foe.

Carlos Hyde is a UFA so SF could be looking for a RB. I would love to see the Browns or 49ers throw money at LeVeon and steal him from Pittsburg. It be great to see Pitt lose Big Ben to retirement and Bell to free agency in the same offseason. Fuckers.

Devante Adams, Marqise Lee, Paul Richardson, Danny Amendola, Sammy Watkins, Jarvis Landry, Terrell Prior, Mike Wallace, Eric Decker are all UFA.

Tyler Eifert is also UFA.

Jerick McKinnon or Rex Burkhead would be good grabs as a receiving threat out of the backfield.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:35 AM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I'm fine with them letting Tom go until it's over, but they should have dumped Jimmy back in the spring when the trade value was a lot higher.

A bad BB decision.
Rumor is Brady went over BB’s head and convinced Kraft to make the trade.

Oh, and for the record, I think Jimmy GQ is gonna be a perennial Pro Bowler. Glad he’s in the NFC.
[Reply]
synthesis2 09:44 AM 12-26-2017
Why is this thread going on so long??? I mean Garp is playing for the 49ers in the NFC? I don't get it, whether he is good or not, who really cares? The only time it really matters is if you make the superbowl and play that team and he single handily beat us. Other than that it just does not matter.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up