ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Garoppolo traded to 49ers
DaKCMan AP 06:21 PM 10-30-2017
For 2nd round pick.

Major QB shakeup: 49ers trading 2018 2nd-round draft pick to New England for Patriots’ QB Jimmy Garoppolo, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 31, 2017

[Reply]
OldSchool 11:55 PM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I can see this trade being a lose-lose, given all the time NE looked like it put into developing Garoppolo, and given how absolutely awful the 49ers are.

Starting him in the next month will be stupid. Both tackles are hurt, he doesn't know the offense at all, and his skill position players are among the worst in the NFL.
The dude is on the last year of his rookie contract. Unless they're complete idiots like the Texans were, there is no way that the niners just ink him without seeing what he has on the field for the rest of the season.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:09 AM 10-31-2017
The 49ers will extend him and structure it so they can bail out early if he sucks. They will never use up 100 million in cap space otherwise.

It's really low risk for the 49ers here, and he has a better pedigree than Afcasselstan.
[Reply]
OldSchool 12:12 AM 10-31-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
The 49ers will extend him and structure it so they can bail out early if he sucks. They will never use up 100 million in cap space otherwise.

It's really low risk for the 49ers here, and he has a better pedigree than Afcasselstan.
That's true. Forgot about the structures of the Kaepernick/Osweiler deals.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:47 AM 10-31-2017
I'd immediately take the 49'ers rookie QB over Bray...
[Reply]
Rausch 12:49 AM 10-31-2017
I can see this trade being a lose-lose, given all the time NE looked like it put into developing Garoppolo, and given how absolutely awful the 49ers are.
It will be.

I have a feeling his value is inflated and the Pats will just reach with the draft pick like they have for years now...
[Reply]
19now11 02:07 AM 10-31-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
That's pretty cheap honestly. Did the Patriots not like him? Who's going to replace Brady when he's done?
Posted via Mobile Device
as11
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:17 AM 10-31-2017
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
I am in complete agreement, this trade makes all kinds of sense for the 49ers, and zero sense for the patriots...

The niners get a "groomed" prospect, who probably was commanding more in trade value in the previous offseason, and the pats get...

A second round pick???

For a guy they initially invested a second round pick for, that has been seasoning behind one of the greats???
Obviously he isn’t worth keeping. Everyone Belicheat dumps is shit. There is almost 2 decades worth of evidence. Some guys that did not get re-signed are OK but if Belicheat dumps you, you are trash.

I think the plan was to hang onto him and pull a Kong’s ransom after injuries (see: Bradford, Sam) but I think people are learning. Plus there are some good young QBs in the league.

Suck it Cheatriot.

Starting him in the next month will be stupid. Both tackles are hurt, he doesn't know the offense at all, and his skill position players are among the worst in the NFL.
This is almost certainly a lose-lose unless Lynch/Shanarat Jr are magicians. Brady is the only QB on the roster unless they’ve made a move. What the fuck are they doing. If they were planning on trading him (raping some team) why the hell do they not have a backup on the roster?

I have no doubt in my mind that Jimmy is shit. Again, almost 20 years of evidence.
[Reply]
SupDock 07:26 AM 10-31-2017
Jay Ajayi traded to the Eagles for a 4th rounder. I can't start threads so I am putting it in this other trade thread
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:26 AM 10-31-2017
Jimmy is the QB they wanted to keep, but it wasn't realistic.

He wanted big money and the starting job. He won't make more than Brady (14m in 18) to ride the bench and the job belongs to Brady until the wheels fall off.

Belichick made a critical error by assuming they could extend Jimmy and got it wrong.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:30 AM 10-31-2017
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Jay Ajayi traded to the Eagles for a 4th rounder. I can't start threads so I am putting it in this other trade thread
Captain 1 good year? Weird.
[Reply]
SupDock 07:30 AM 10-31-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Captain 1 good year? Weird.
Odd trade, seems like good value for the Eagles
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:32 AM 10-31-2017
I don't really get that trade on either side.

Jay wasn't the issue on that Offense (bad line play, invisible passing game) and a 4th round pick isn't the best compensation.

The Eagles had more pressing needs to fill.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:55 AM 10-31-2017
U don't blame Jimmy G not wanting sign long term for the Pats. He has no idea when Perfect Tom will hang it up but really who would want to follow his act?

No Quarterback it going be good enough for the spoiled fans of the Patriots.
[Reply]
Danguardace 09:44 AM 10-31-2017
If I were Garoppolo I would hold out on the 49ers refuse to play for them, then hit the open market knowing I could join Giants/Jags/Broncos someone like that
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 10:09 AM 10-31-2017
a second rounder for a backup qb who hasn't started more than 2 games in a season?? Wow. At least Cassel put up some numbers and Mallet only cost a sixth rounder
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up