ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Garoppolo traded to 49ers
DaKCMan AP 06:21 PM 10-30-2017
For 2nd round pick.

Major QB shakeup: 49ers trading 2018 2nd-round draft pick to New England for Patriots’ QB Jimmy Garoppolo, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 31, 2017

[Reply]
Amnorix 10:12 PM 10-30-2017
Seems a bit crazy to me. Pats depth chart at QB last year was Brady, Garroppolo, Brissett, with Edelman as the emergency QB. The depth chart as of now is Brady. Period. The end. WTF?

That said, a couple things I've heard (FWIW):

1. Pats rumored to have made Garroppollo starter money to stay with the team, but he actually wanted to START. Can't blame him. On that theory, and not wanting to franchise him, it was trade him now or lose him this offseason (with possibility of tag/trade).

2. Pats may want to keep Malcolm Butler, and may need to save the franchise tag for him.

3. Rumors of a second trade coming, with either a pick or Butler plus a pick. Nothing solid on who they are getting, so seems like garbage to me, but hey, BB, so who knows.

4. Hoyer released by SF, so likely Pats take him back as an interim backup.

5. Possible Kraft involvement here. He may have laid down the law on Brady finishing his career with the Pats. Who knows.

:-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:14 PM 10-30-2017
Do they plan on keeping Solder? That's who I would expect them to save the tag for.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:15 PM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I really wish teams would stop giving the Patriots good value in trades.
We got fucked on the Matt Cassell trade I knew something was up with that.

Fucking Pioli was sent by BB

We got fucked.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:16 PM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
That's pretty cheap honestly. Did the Patriots not like him? Who's going to replace Brady when he's done?
Posted via Mobile Device
Pure speculation but...

Belicheat will probably be done when Brady’s done. Doesn’t give a fuck.
[Reply]
scho63 11:16 PM 10-30-2017
Patriots and 49'ers racist because they wont hire Kapercrap!
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 11:31 PM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The 49ers still have a 2nd round pick and four in 3 rounds.

No brainer for the 49ers, especially with $100 million in cap space.
I am in complete agreement, this trade makes all kinds of sense for the 49ers, and zero sense for the patriots...

The niners get a "groomed" prospect, who probably was commanding more in trade value in the previous offseason, and the pats get...

A second round pick???

For a guy they initially invested a second round pick for, that has been seasoning behind one of the greats???
[Reply]
lcarus 11:33 PM 10-30-2017
A 2nd round pick is jack shit if the guy turns out to be a good QB. Who knows if he will. I certainly get a Matt Cassel vibe too but he can't be much worse than what they have.
[Reply]
OldSchool 11:37 PM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
That's pretty cheap honestly. Did the Patriots not like him? Who's going to replace Brady when he's done?
Posted via Mobile Device
They couldn't get him to sign an extension and think that Brady can play a few more years at least.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:38 PM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Do they plan on keeping Solder? That's who I would expect them to save the tag for.
It's not even a certainty that Solder will be back in the NFL next year. His son's cancer has returned, forcing him back into chemo.

https://nesn.com/2017/10/nate-solder...ancer-returns/
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:40 PM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
It's not even a certainty that Solder will be back in the NFL next year. His son's cancer has returned, forcing him back into chemo.

https://nesn.com/2017/10/nate-solder...ancer-returns/
Oh hell, had no idea. Yeah that makes sense.

Childhood cancer is a real bitch.
[Reply]
tk13 11:43 PM 10-30-2017
It is a 2nd round pick, but the way it looks now it'll be in the very top of the round. Hard to believe New England spent all that time grooming the guy just to trade him away though.
[Reply]
OldSchool 11:47 PM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by tk13:
It is a 2nd round pick, but the way it looks now it'll be in the very top of the round. Hard to believe New England spent all that time grooming the guy just to trade him away though.
They couldn't get him to sign an extension and Brady is going to keep playing for a few more years at least. Jimmy didn't want to stick around and be the waterboy anymore.

It's a good move for him if he pans out as a starting QB in this league.

Now he gets a chance to start somewhere and increase his value as a potential starting QB and face of a franchise. He's 25 so he needs a chance to show that he has that ability in him. There was no way that was going to happen with Brady still in charge.
[Reply]
tk13 11:50 PM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
They couldn't get him to sign an extension and Brady is going to keep playing for a few more years at least. Jimmy didn't want to stick around and be the waterboy anymore.

It's a good move for him if he pans out as a starting QB in this league.

Now he gets a chance to start somewhere and increase his value as a potential starting QB and face of a franchise. He's 25 so he needs a chance to show that he has that ability in him. There was no way that was going to happen with Brady still in charge.
I would never count out Brady, but there's not really a comparison for what he's doing right now. Often times when older QBs hit the cliff, they fall right off. Maybe Brady won't do that.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:50 PM 10-30-2017
I can see this trade being a lose-lose, given all the time NE looked like it put into developing Garoppolo, and given how absolutely awful the 49ers are.

Starting him in the next month will be stupid. Both tackles are hurt, he doesn't know the offense at all, and his skill position players are among the worst in the NFL.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:52 PM 10-30-2017
At least now we get to watch a Tom Brady snuff film instead of him scowling on the bench while Jimmy G takes the reigns.

I'm going to guess the cracks start to widen about Week 10 next season.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up