ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Media Center>Jack Ryan TV Series
listopencil 09:51 PM 10-11-2017

I like the look of it. I think John Krasinski can pull it off.
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 05:17 PM 09-04-2018
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
I can’t do it. I tried but JK will always be “Jim” from “The Office” to me and I can’t take this show seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:13 AM 09-05-2018
This was great!!!!
[Reply]
listopencil 03:46 PM 09-06-2018
Well, that was pretty good. I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:17 AM 09-08-2018
Finished it last night. Thought it was very solid.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:41 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Finished. Yeah there is a lot of reading dialog. Thats the trend though. It has always been weird when non-native speakers are speaking English when no one in the scene speaks English as a first language.

The other issue some may have that are not familiar with the books is that in the Jack Ryan books there is action scenes but were never "Mission Impossible" or "Jason Bourne" action driven first stories.

Reminded me of Babylon Berlin, which has been confirmed for another season.
[Reply]
Bweb 01:33 PM 09-12-2018
Finished it.

First half of season was really good.

Second half not as good but still somewhat solid. :-)
[Reply]
kepp 01:51 PM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by Bweb:
Finished it.

First half of season was really good.

Second half not as good but still somewhat solid. :-)
Totally agree. I enjoyed it overall, but the writing in the second half of the season wasn't as good. They're overselling/forcing Greer's religion and there is a good amount of overacting.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:11 PM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by kepp:
Totally agree. I enjoyed it overall, but the writing in the second half of the season wasn't as good. They're overselling/forcing Greer's religion and there is a good amount of overacting.

I agree, and I think they were really pushing the 'not all Muslims are terrorists' narrative hard with that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:55 PM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I agree, and I think they were really pushing the 'not all Muslims are terrorists' narrative hard with that.
I didn’t think it was so bad. I thought they forced the Greer character to be a hardass for the sake of being a hardass more than they forced the religion.

As far as overacting I hope you’re not talking about Soulemons family. That seemed right on.

I thought it had a nice balance of pure evil and how it came about. There are holes and weakness but I thought they handled the character side pretty well.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:15 AM 09-13-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I didn’t think it was so bad. I thought they forced the Greer character to be a hardass for the sake of being a hardass more than they forced the religion.

As far as overacting I hope you’re not talking about Soulemons family. That seemed right on.

I thought it had a nice balance of pure evil and how it came about. There are holes and weakness but I thought they handled the character side pretty well.

I'd say the wife's part was overacted. The drone pilot was a bit overdone as well, not horribly, but a bit overdone.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:01 PM 09-13-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I'd say the wife's part was overacted. The drone pilot was a bit overdone as well, not horribly, but a bit overdone.
I disagree about the wife. I thought it was on point.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:23 PM 09-22-2018
Just starting the second episode now. I'm digging it. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:16 AM 09-23-2018
Binged it all the way through. It was pretty good. Some parts were a bit silly/unnecessary/dumb, but overall I really enjoyed it.

I do wonder when Timothy Hutton turned into Ned Beatty, though. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:14 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I do wonder when Timothy Hutton turned into Ned Beatty, though. :-)
You would be accommodated if you'd watched Leverage. :-)

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:50 PM 04-28-2019
Where the hell is Season 2? Google says it is on Prime on the 24th, but my FireTV only has season 1. Anybody got any answers??
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up