ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Media Center>Jack Ryan TV Series
listopencil 09:51 PM 10-11-2017

I like the look of it. I think John Krasinski can pull it off.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:17 PM 09-01-2018
2 in. Never read the books.

I like it. The antagonist is a hell of an interesting character same with Ryan and his supervisor - he’ll if I can remember his name. Production value is really good. They must have spent a mint on this bastard.

Has me hooked anyway.

And my God. Fuck the Middle East. Yikes.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:17 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
2 in. Never read the books.

I like it. The antagonist is a hell of an interesting character same with Ryan and his supervisor - he’ll if I can remember his name. Production value is really good. They must have spent a mint on this bastard.

Has me hooked anyway.

And my God. Fuck the Middle East. Yikes.
Wendell Pierce? Or James Greer?

It's the part James Earl Jones played in the Clancy movies.

Character was a Vice Admiral who retired and was appointed Deputy Director of CIA.

He was named for a Vice Admiral of the Union Army. Career military notable for securing the Mississippi river in the war. USS Greer commissioned in his name.
[Reply]
Pogue 03:12 AM 09-02-2018
Very good cast and writing. A Cathy Ryan nudie scene doesn’t hurt either.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:30 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Nude scene? Barely a brief glance at the boobage in the shadows? If Prime wants to compete with Showtime, Netflix and HBO it needs to step up its naked female game. :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:30 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by Pogue:
How do you have 4,500 posts and I literally don't remember ever seeing a single post of yours? Did you get a name change?
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:46 PM 09-02-2018
Just finished it. Really good, start to finish. Next up, Ozark.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 07:26 PM 09-02-2018
Damn, I confused Ryan with Reacher. I really enjoyed a lot of the Jack Reacher novels and they’d make a great series. Tom Cruise be damned, I had this on the top of my playlist. Now I’m back to season two of Ozark.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:09 PM 09-02-2018
So whos the best Jack Ryan?

Alec Baldwin
Harrison Ford
Ben Affleck
Chris Pine
John Kransinski

???
[Reply]
Pogue 10:00 PM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
How do you have 4,500 posts and I literally don't remember ever seeing a single post of yours? Did you get a name change?
No name change, I almost exclusively post in the D.C. forum.
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 12:20 PM 09-03-2018
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Damn, I confused Ryan with Reacher. I really enjoyed a lot of the Jack Reacher novels and they’d make a great series. Tom Cruise be damned, I had this on the top of my playlist. Now I’m back to season two of Ozark.
A series like this would be great for Mitch Rapp. The American Assassin movie did not do the books justice.
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 12:22 PM 09-03-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Just finished it. Really good, start to finish. Next up, Ozark.
I finished it as well and it was really good. My initial thought that I was underwhelming was due to the subtitles. Once I got used to actually sitting and reading a large part of the dialog, it was really good.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:07 PM 09-03-2018
Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus:
Anyone watching yet? I'm a few episodes in and have been underwhelmed thus far. I'm new to the Jack Ryan character so I'd like to hear from someone who is a fan of the character. I do like Krasinski.

Yeah, binge watched it this week….I'm really sort of torn about it. It wasn't bad….but it wasn't that good, either (at least to me)..
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 08:48 AM 09-04-2018
I can’t do it. I tried but JK will always be “Jim” from “The Office” to me and I can’t take this show seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:06 AM 09-04-2018
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
I can’t do it. I tried but JK will always be “Jim” from “The Office” to me and I can’t take this show seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He does a good job with this role.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:16 AM 09-04-2018
Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus:
I finished it as well and it was really good. My initial thought that I was underwhelming was due to the subtitles. Once I got used to actually sitting and reading a large part of the dialog, it was really good.
Finished. Yeah there is a lot of reading dialog. Thats the trend though. It has always been weird when non-native speakers are speaking English when no one in the scene speaks English as a first language.

The other issue some may have that are not familiar with the books is that in the Jack Ryan books there is action scenes but were never "Mission Impossible" or "Jason Bourne" action driven first stories.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up