ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 25
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>American Horror Story
Okie_Apparition 09:18 PM 10-05-2011
On FX. The pilot was on tonight & I think I'll be watching. Not because I think it's good. I want to know what happens next
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:35 AM 12-22-2011
I assume that was also the series finale.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:14 AM 12-22-2011
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I assume that was also the series finale.
Nope. It's been renewed
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:07 AM 12-22-2011
Last episode was kind of a let down. I think it will be tough to have additional seasons.
[Reply]
Okie_Apparition 12:25 PM 12-22-2011
I guess they're not tied to the house & can move on with the Damien child
[Reply]
notorious 09:56 PM 12-22-2011
I really don't know where they are going to go with this now.

They can have flashbacks with just about everyone in the house, they can have a new couple move in again. Who knows?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 PM 12-22-2011
Season 1 was proof of concept, IMO.

Season 2 should simply hit the re-set button. New location, new ghosts, new situation if need be. All it has to be is "American".

The bottom line is that they've proven that the ghost story can work as a serial if the actors have the chops for it and the source material is good enough.

I think we've seen the last of the Harmons, demon-spawn child and all.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:25 PM 12-22-2011
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Season 1 was proof of concept, IMO.

Season 2 should simply hit the re-set button. New location, new ghosts, new situation if need be. All it has to be is "American".

The bottom line is that they've proven that the ghost story can work as a serial if the actors have the chops for it and the source material is good enough.

I think we've seen the last of the Harmons, demon-spawn child and all.
If they lose Faye Dunaway that would be a severe blow to the show and it's success, because of her name recognition and acting ability.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:27 PM 12-22-2011
If they lose Faye Dunaway that would be a severe blow to the show and it's success, because of her name recognition and acting ability.
She can't carry the show and I'm not sure how you can build 15 episodes around a toddler serial killer.

I just don't see a way to keep her in that show without it being insanely contrived. The kid's an evil little shit and the rest of the storyline is terminated.

They have to move on.
[Reply]
Realbaddog 10:43 PM 12-22-2011
Sorry to correct, but she is not Faye Dunaway, her name is Jessica Lange....

Was a big name (and a great actress in her time)
[Reply]
Okie_Apparition 10:45 PM 12-22-2011
Yeah, they can go in million different directions
Can they make it work, I don't know this season got thin at times
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:52 PM 12-22-2011
Originally Posted by Realbaddog:
Sorry to correct, but she is not Faye Dunaway, her name is Jessica Lange....

Was a big name (and a great actress in her time)
Okay Jessica Lang, still heavy hitter this show needs another actor/actress with those type of chops. Unless they go into the psyche of a serial killer, or cop hunting him down to further the story like exploring Charles S. Dutton story with a totally different case tracking down such a crazed maniac.
[Reply]
Okie_Apparition 11:11 PM 12-22-2011
They could start a new haunted house at mommy deariest's
1 kill in, I don't think the daughter died there
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:22 AM 12-23-2011
They will be moving on:

So what does this mean for Season 2? Will Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott, who starred as Vivien and Ben, return to haunt the new owners of Murder House? Nope! "Those characters and those stories are done," creator Ryan Murphy told reporters Thursday morning. "Every season of the show will be a different haunting. Every season will have a beginning, a middle and an end. What you saw in the finale was the end of the Harmon house. The second season of the show will be a brand new home or building to haunt."
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 AM 12-23-2011
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
They will be moving on:

So what does this mean for Season 2? Will Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott, who starred as Vivien and Ben, return to haunt the new owners of Murder House? Nope! "Those characters and those stories are done," creator Ryan Murphy told reporters Thursday morning. "Every season of the show will be a different haunting. Every season will have a beginning, a middle and an end. What you saw in the finale was the end of the Harmon house. The second season of the show will be a brand new home or building to haunt."
Outstanding.

That's the only way to keep that show going that wouldn't have been forced as all hell.

Fortunately it did well enough that they should be able to attract some pretty decent actors to fill the roles.
[Reply]
Okie_Apparition 12:48 PM 12-23-2011
There are tons of actors who drop out of series work they can get
I finally figured out where I'd seen the physcic before
She was the nanny from Deadwood
[Reply]
Page 8 of 25
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up