ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>For those that asked last night, here's Mayfield dissing Cowherd...
htismaqe 10:37 PM 09-21-2018

Baker Mayfield with a top-notch response to Joe Thomas's question about Colin Cowherd.

A true king. pic.twitter.com/iCzJfDX5Ue

— Jackson Frank (@jackfrank_jjf) September 21, 2018

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:20 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Define 'watch him'

I used to listen to the Jim Rome show regularly and Skip Bayless would guest host. After a few times listening to his schtick, I started changing it any time he guest hosted. He was horrible, and had some bizarre obsession with Diet Mountain Dew.

That was like 20 years ago. Over the subsequent 20 years, you may have noticed, he's a quite famous sports personality with whom you are aware if you follow sports. Seeing him get punked out by guys like Cuban or watching him pump up Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow does have some entertainment value. You may have also noticed the advent of this thing called youtube, which allows me to laugh at his stupidity while only requiring 3 minutes of my time.

Stop projecting your 'cathart truth' back at me. That's the shit you do with your religious grandstanding when it's entirely irrelevant to what is being discussed.
No, I don't think I have to define "watch him" you have revealed here in your post that you like to follow him so you can "emotionally cathart" for yourself for entertainment and that is ok and I am not judging whatsoever. Like I said, I am not trying to :-) you here. Besides, if I were I could :-) a lot harder but I choose not to because life is way too short for that.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:30 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
That kid is such a douchebag lol
Baker has said he hates losing more than he does liking to win.

This seems to be driven to core of his personality thus making him a douche of the highest order, and could be self destructive if he doesn't know how to manage his emotions if he and his team go on a losing streak or chokes.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:31 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

He's a moron, not the harbinger of armageddon.
The fact he has a career and we're talking about him might though....:-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:42 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I saw Skip Bayless the other day straight up lied about Mahomes' college stats. He said Mahomes had 2 games of 6 INT, 4 games of 5 INT, and 8 games of 4 INT. Simply not true. He had a single game of 4 INT and no other games above 2 INT.

It looked to me like Bayless took some of Mahomes' best TD performances and claimed they were INT games. I don't think this was an accident either. They gotta push their false narrative so they reverse the stats to push an agenda.
I saw that too, he was looking for anything he could to talk down Mahomes.
[Reply]
eDave 02:43 PM 09-22-2018
Not much to get excited about there.

Mayfield needs to TP Cowherd's house, admit it was him, and be done with it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:45 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
Not much to get excited about there.
Right just because a media guy doesn't lob softballs.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:49 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I saw Skip Bayless the other day straight up lied about Mahomes' college stats. He said Mahomes had 2 games of 6 INT, 4 games of 5 INT, and 8 games of 4 INT. Simply not true. He had a single game of 4 INT and no other games above 2 INT.

It looked to me like Bayless took some of Mahomes' best TD performances and claimed they were INT games. I don't think this was an accident either. They gotta push their false narrative so they reverse the stats to push an agenda.
i saw that too and was like:

Image: Not Safe for Work

pats stats per game in college, int's highlighted
:-)
Attached: patsstats.jpg (139.9 KB) 
[Reply]
JakeF 07:12 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
That kid is such a douchebag lol
why? He told the truth, why should he lie?
[Reply]
Strongside 07:27 PM 09-22-2018
It's an overreaction at this point, but there are a lot of folks calling Mahomes Mayfield the next Brady Manning. And I'm here for it.

They have a crazy back story too. Mayfield left Tech because of playing time concerns with Mahomes there...then they went on to have some wild-ass duels and, depending on who you ask, may or may not really like one another very much.

2 months ago we bought tickets for the game in Cleveland. Row 1 behind the Chiefs bench. I just checked, and with the emergence of Mayfield and Mahomes, tickets anywhere close to there are about 6x the price we paid. At least.

I cannot effing wait.
[Reply]
-King- 07:39 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Baker has said he hates losing more than he does liking to win.

This seems to be driven to core of his personality thus making him a douche of the highest order, and could be self destructive if he doesn't know how to manage his emotions if he and his team go on a losing streak or chokes.
Every great player has that mentality.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
notorious 08:28 PM 09-22-2018
Cowerd has always been contrarian.

He appears smart to the dumb people. Actually, he appeals smart to the smart people, because we see exactly what he does and why.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:32 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Every player has that mentality.
Posted via Mobile Device
FYP.

It’s overblown how some players WANT to win more than others.

That shit was said about Ken Dorsey, Tim Tebow, and numerous other failed NFL pros
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:57 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by Strongside:
It's an overreaction at this point, but there are a lot of folks calling Mahomes Mayfield the next Brady Manning. And I'm here for it.

They have a crazy back story too. Mayfield left Tech because of playing time concerns with Mahomes there...then they went on to have some wild-ass duels and, depending on who you ask, may or may not really like one another very much.

2 months ago we bought tickets for the game in Cleveland. Row 1 behind the Chiefs bench. I just checked, and with the emergence of Mayfield and Mahomes, tickets anywhere close to there are about 6x the price we paid. At least.

I cannot effing wait.
Yep. Mahomes will remind Baker and his parents why he left Texas Tech.:-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:52 AM 09-23-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
FYP.

It’s overblown how some players WANT to win more than others.

That shit was said about Ken Dorsey, Tim Tebow, and numerous other failed NFL pros
There's a difference between wanting and needing to win, Baker is the type who plays with a chip on his shoulder and when shit goes sideways with something he can't control such as the Browns defense failing to preserve a lead on the final play.

The question is can he overcome his anger of losing, he's the type to take that shit personally. Will Baker direct it in the proper avenue in comparison to blaming teammates and fucking with the work environment. Not everyone can have a Dan Marino attitude and succeed.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up