ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 144
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
O.city 12:03 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yes, they did. But most teams aren't going to go for it on 4th down like Baltimore does. IMO, it's stupid to do it most of the time. You saw how it led to Houston losing yesterday by going for a fake deep in their territory up by 17 in the 2nd Q. Just dumb.

Let's look at some of those..

1st Q 4th & 1 from Your own 45....goes for it instead of punting
Ten scores on 1 play on a short field

3rd Q 4th & 1 from Ten 18...goes for it instead of taking the 3
Ten scored 6 plays later..literally a 10 point swing

4th Q 4th & 5 from Ten 16 ..goes for it and doesn't get it..could have had 3

4th Q 4th & 11 from Ten 25...has to go for it because you ****ed up too many other 4th downs

Now these are admittedly "What Ifs" but that's the fun of it, right?

What if they punt early and make Ten work the field instead of giving them a 45 yard field to bust on 1 PA pass? 7 points costed there

What if they kick the FG in the 3rd instead of going for it? 3 points off the board

What if in the 4th they kick a FG the first time? 3 points.

So just to sum it up a bit they took 6 points off the board and gave Ten a short field which led to another 7. There's 13 points right there. One one of those you don't get it and it gives momentum to Ten and they score a TD 6 plays later. 20 points total.

So you can say Harbaugh's 4th down decisions cost his team 20 points give or take one way or the other.
I think they went a bit overboard on the analytics. If you're playing a potent offense, for sure, be aggressive, I get it.

Against the Titans, FG's aren't exactly terrible.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:03 PM 01-13-2020
I'm sure Henry will be just fine. He's built for this type of workload. It will take some years off the end of his career, but not now.

But regarding the game... here are things I'm thinking about:

What's happening with Jayon Brown? He's Tennessee's best cover LB and has been out with an injury. If he's not able to go or less than 100 percent, that helps the Chiefs win with Kelce and Watkins over the midddle.

What's happening with Chris Jones? And how much does it affect what Spagnuolo wants to do if he can't go?

Can the Chiefs protect Mahomes? The Titans don't have a tremendous pass rush - bottom third of the league - or pass defense - also bottom third of the league. If KC gives Mahomes the type of protection he received on Sunday again, it's hard to see that secondary holding up consistently against the Chiefs.

How much can the Chiefs make it about Ryan Tannehill? KC has done a good job down the stretch of NOT letting teams dictate games with the running game. If they can get Tennessee into 3rd and longs with any consistency, that's a big advantage for them.

The Titans are well-coached and hot and have the current best running back on the planet. They also have some tough matchups on defense with a team that throws the ball as well and aggressively as KC, with dangerous weapons all over the place.

I think the Chiefs win but will nail bite this one for sure. Is it Sunday yet?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:05 PM 01-13-2020
96 carries for Henry during these past three weeks... that is an insane amount of work load.
[Reply]
JCBRAVE 12:08 PM 01-13-2020
https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1216781960498098178
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:09 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I want nothing more than to curb stomp the Titans in this game.
They’re gonna have it coming, it would seem.

It’s Monday and they’ve talked more shit than any team KC has played..
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:11 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by TurdsMckenzie:
It didn't. Just like the Ravens and Patriots playing at home with a better record than the Titans.
So, you really think the Tits are capable of beating the Chiefs twice in one season??

You know who else beat the Chiefs in the regular season? The Texans.

Chiefs defense has averaged giving up like 11.5 points per game since week 11.

What happened weeks 1-10 is absolutely irrelevant.

I want Green Bay in the Super Bowl after we lay waste to the Tits this weekend.

That way, every single team we beat in the postseason is a team we lost to in the regular season.
[Reply]
Sparta22 01:36 PM 01-13-2020
As a Titans fan, congrats are in order for both fan bases. Both have been through the lowest of the lows with sprinkles of “what could have been” highs for a looooong time. I don’t think two more deserving franchises could be playing it out this Sunday for a shot at the dance.

My take for the game- if the Titans can’t keep the Chiefs from quick striking with the most potent offense in the league it could be a long game for the titans. If KC can’t keep the titans from grinding it out and wearing the defense out and putting up points with the leagues best red zone scoring offense, it could be a “shortened” long game for the Chiefs. KC isn’t built to be a physical offense in any way shape or form just as Ten isn’t built to be a shootout team. If Ten makes them play a physical style of O, that’s going to favor the titans. The exact same thing plays for titans. If KC forces Ten to play a barn burner, KC will be favored.

This game is going to be forced into a middle ground for both teams and I think the more physical team THIS game is going to secure the W. Nothing else prior in this season matters. Its one game, one win, one winner. These teams are going to throw everything they have at each other and it’s going to be two totally different styles clashing it out and it’s going to be epic. The chiefs coming out flat against Houston won’t happen. The titans defense loading down the line of scrimmage and allowing wide open te’s in the middle of the field won’t happen, they’re not game planning for the leagues best rushing attack and most prolific running qb. The one thing the chiefs don’t have is a solid running attack(23rd in league). This game is literally strength vs weakness of both teams from top to bottom. As fan bases we can all say these are two completely different teams and this guy or that guy didn’t play then, as both teams were totally different from week 10. I like the titans chances but I’m not banking on it. One thing that comes to mind is Tannehills go ahead drive to end our week 10 game. With the game on the line it was on him and that was pure guts and heart and hope he brings it this week, we WILL need more than 80 yards passing this week.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:45 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Sparta22:
As a Titans fan, congrats are in order for both fan bases. Both have been through the lowest of the lows with sprinkles of “what could have been” highs for a looooong time. I don’t think two more deserving franchises could be playing it out this Sunday for a shot at the dance.

My take for the game- if the Titans can’t keep the Chiefs from quick striking with the most potent offense in the league it could be a long game for the titans. If KC can’t keep the titans from grinding it out and wearing the defense out and putting up points with the leagues best red zone scoring offense, it could be a “shortened” long game for the Chiefs. KC isn’t built to be a physical offense in any way shape or form just as Ten isn’t built to be a shootout team. If Ten makes them play a physical style of O, that’s going to favor the titans. The exact same thing plays for titans. If KC forces Ten to play a barn burner, KC will be favored.

This game is going to be forced into a middle ground for both teams and I think the more physical team THIS game is going to secure the W. Nothing else prior in this season matters. Its one game, one win, one winner. These teams are going to throw everything they have at each other and it’s going to be two totally different styles clashing it out and it’s going to be epic. The chiefs coming out flat against Houston won’t happen. The titans defense loading down the line of scrimmage and allowing wide open te’s in the middle of the field won’t happen, they’re not game planning for the leagues best rushing attack and most prolific running qb. The one thing the chiefs don’t have is a solid running attack(23rd in league). This game is literally strength vs weakness of both teams from top to bottom. As fan bases we can all say these are two completely different teams and this guy or that guy didn’t play then, as both teams were totally different from week 10. I like the titans chances but I’m not banking on it. One thing that comes to mind is Tannehills go ahead drive to end our week 10 game. With the game on the line it was on him and that was pure guts and heart and hope he brings it this week, we WILL need more than 80 yards passing this week.
Welcome. If you come into Arrowhead and beat us, combined with the run that the Titans have been on, hat's off to you. You guys would deserve a Super Bowl.

Not gonna happen though :-)
[Reply]
Sparta22 01:51 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Welcome. If you come into Arrowhead and beat us, combined with the run that the Titans have been on, hat's off to you. You guys would deserve a Super Bowl.

Not gonna happen though :-)
That’s the joy of football. They still have to play the game regardless of opinion! I’d love for you guys to spot us 24 points tho!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:52 PM 01-13-2020

"The @Chiefs' superstars - Mahomes, Hill, Kelce - were all instrumental in the comeback. But with the season hanging in the balance, the guy who made it was Daniel Sorensen. They call him "Dirty Dan", and that tackle was plain dirty." --@PSchrags | @ArrowheadPride pic.twitter.com/5b8irMw8BP

— GMFB (@gmfb) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:54 PM 01-13-2020
Something also interesting.... apparently Bieniemy was calling the plays

Andy Reid added defensive backs coach to John Harbaugh’s special teams responsibilities, because he knew it would help him land a HC job. He allowed Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy to call plays in second half of games. Doing same for Eric Bieniemy. This is why Reid’s tree succeeds. https://t.co/TJJ2CoyL9o

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:59 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Sparta22:

Good, then Hill will feast.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:01 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Something also interesting.... apparently Bieniemy was calling the plays
Andy Reid added defensive backs coach to John Harbaugh’s special teams responsibilities, because he knew it would help him land a HC job. He allowed Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy to call plays in second half of games. Doing same for Eric Bieniemy. This is why Reid’s tree succeeds. https://t.co/TJJ2CoyL9o
— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) January 13, 2020

Now I know why we didn't go conservative. Let EB call the plays from now on.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:03 PM 01-13-2020
Pretty sure Reid has his own sheet and Bieniemy is just relaying the calls from Reid.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:04 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Now I know why we didn't go conservative. Let EB call the plays from now on.
Agreed!! Look what happens when Reid doesn’t let his own ego get in the way.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 144
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up