ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 324
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177227 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 08:52 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Per Twitter, seems Antonio Pierce was offered and has turned down a LB coach position under Spagnuolo, and will remain at Arizona State.

Spag can’t pull a college position coach away....not a good sign IMO...
Yea we’re doomed now :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:54 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
This is exactly how I feel. It’s uncanny how many players we signed/drafted that fit the 4-3 scheme better. It’s just too crazy to be a coincidence.
The coolest aspect of that scenario is how proactive it is. I mean, we've watched this franchise make moves for years, many as slow and stupid as they could possibly be. To think that our HC and FO are looking THAT far ahead, playing chess instead of 'Connect Four' is a pretty inspiring situation.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:56 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Even looking at Watkins though, is the AFCCG close without him? I’m not sure.

Injury record is questionable at this point but he sure does make a difference out there.
This year, sure. But I am optimistic that Mahomes wil be able to do a better job of making adjustments and not have to wait for Andy.

But it would be nice to have better pass blocking and cut down on those hits.

It would also be nice to have more depth. That is why I'm nervous about making Hill the highest paid receiver.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:57 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
The coolest aspect of that scenario is how proactive it is. I mean, we've watched this franchise make moves for years, many as slow and stupid as they could possibly be. To think that our HC and FO are looking THAT far ahead, playing chess instead of 'Connect Four' is a pretty inspiring situation.
Pretty cool that waiting probably cost us playing in the super bowl this year.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:58 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Per Twitter, seems Antonio Pierce was offered and has turned down a LB coach position under Spagnuolo, and will remain at Arizona State.

Spag can’t pull a college position coach away....not a good sign IMO...
Pierce must really enjoy working with Herm
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:59 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
This year, sure. But I am optimistic that Mahomes wil be able to do a better job of making adjustments and not have to wait for Andy.

But it would be nice to have better pass blocking and cut down on those hits.

It would also be nice to have more depth. That is why I'm nervous about making Hill the highest paid receiver.
Well the emphasis this offseason has to be (and will be) beating the scheme that NE threw at them. Press man across the board, double teaming Tyreek, bringing heavy pressure. Andy and Mahomes have to figure out many different ways to combat that for when it inevitably comes again.

If they get that down, I don’t think they can be stopped.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:00 PM 02-02-2019
Pierce is a Spags fan and he even sent out retweets on his twitter page when Spagnuolo got hired by the Chiefs. He didn’t pass on the job because he didn’t like him or anything like that.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:05 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Pretty cool that waiting probably cost us playing in the super bowl this year.
Take it up with Reid.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:07 PM 02-02-2019
Well the emphasis this offseason has to be (and will be) beating the scheme that NE threw at them. Press man across the board, double teaming Tyreek, bringing heavy pressure. Andy and Mahomes have to figure out many different ways to combat that for when it inevitably comes again.

If they get that down, I don’t think they can be stopped.
Pat will be even better next year he will be more knowledgeable.

We have got to focus on the stopping the run and running the ball. Teams can’t keep Pat off the field if we are halfway decent at stopping the run.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:11 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pat will be even better next year he will be more knowledgeable.

We have got to focus on the stopping the run and running the ball. Teams can’t keep Pat off the field if we are halfway decent at stopping the run.
I’m expecting that to naturally improve with the scheme and coaching changes. It just really can’t be much worse than it’s been the last few years (run defense).

I was encouraged when Josh McDaniels talked about how Spagnuolo made things really challenging on him as a coordinator when he has went up against him in the past.

If Mahomes continues to put in the work and master the mental side of the position, the Chiefs will be the toughest out in the AFC for the next 10-15 years. He may not ever throw 50 TDs again, although I won’t be surprised if he does, but I also doubt he will have that bad of a defense again in his career.
[Reply]
booger 09:13 PM 02-02-2019
Hey you twatter rug rats you need to do the obvious and twat at marvez and say hey marvez speaking of possible candidates for the Chiefs defensive staff what other names have you heard?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:36 PM 02-02-2019
I’m expecting that to naturally improve with the scheme and coaching changes. It just really can’t be much worse than it’s been the last few years (run defense).

I was encouraged when Josh McDaniels talked about how Spagnuolo made things really challenging on him as a coordinator when he has went up against him in the past.

If Mahomes continues to put in the work and master the mental side of the position, the Chiefs will be the toughest out in the AFC for the next 10-15 years. He may not ever throw 50 TDs again, although I won’t be surprised if he does, but I also doubt he will have that bad of a defense again in his career.
I know we don't have much to work with and that defense is first priority, but watching NE push the Chiefs O-line's shit in for 4 quarters completely sucked. It would be nice to improve a couple of spots there as well.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:56 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I know we don't have much to work with and that defense is first priority, but watching NE push the Chiefs O-line's shit in for 4 quarters completely sucked. It would be nice to improve a couple of spots there as well.
Sure. Well you’ve got LDT back, immediate upgrade, especially in pass protection where he excels. Probably will have a new center, hopefully someone with a little more strength than Morse had.

I’m a big believer in the upside of Khalil McKenzie, and if he puts it all together, I believe he’s going to be a bad motherfucker.
[Reply]
O.city 10:03 PM 02-02-2019
I wouldn’t be opposed to getting better at LG
[Reply]
jaa1025 10:05 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I wouldn’t be opposed to getting better at LG
McKenzie is going to be a beast.
[Reply]
Page 127 of 324
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177227 > Last »
Up