ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 163
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 04:40 PM 11-12-2009
KC Fish- how far west?

Tooge - they have been moving heavy since the harvest moon down here, turkey everywhere aswell.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:45 AM 11-13-2009
I sat 11hrs yesterday. I saw 6-7 bucks and maybe 12 does in that time. Around 10am a 10pt I considered a shooter bedded west of me about 80yards in the fork of a fallen tree. He was facing me so I couldn't stalk, so I waited. I looked at him through Binocs alot and the right side of his face was torn up pretty bad, big cut over his eye and a gouge in his cheek. He'd had his ass kicked and I was excited to see who did it. I waited patiently.

2 does angled in from my left with him to my right. This should have been the perfect storm. He began to rumble a brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr breeding grunt as they entered the open....but the bedded doe I hadn't seen behind him stood up and they trotted away.

I saw more deer yesterday, but this has been a very frustrating year so far. I've had freak thinks like helicopters roll over the top of me low enough to read the numbers as a deer was coming in, I've had a poaching neighbor shoot deer 3-4 days in a row on 1 farm, another has had the farmer trenching water lines and building fence....during the rutt....and another farm I went to last night, they were bailing corn stalks, burning fires all over the bottom.... I thought I'd be done by 10am with a work thing, but no.... It's just been one of those years so far. It'll be that much better when I punch the lungs out of Moby Buck.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 12:36 PM 11-13-2009
my boss showed me a pic w/a super nice 10pt. then told me where he hunts there have been herds of 50+ deer.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 12:39 PM 11-13-2009
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I sat 11hrs yesterday. I saw 6-7 bucks and maybe 12 does in that time. Around 10am a 10pt I considered a shooter bedded west of me about 80yards in the fork of a fallen tree. He was facing me so I couldn't stalk, so I waited. I looked at him through Binocs alot and the right side of his face was torn up pretty bad, big cut over his eye and a gouge in his cheek. He'd had his ass kicked and I was excited to see who did it. I waited patiently.

2 does angled in from my left with him to my right. This should have been the perfect storm. He began to rumble a brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr breeding grunt as they entered the open....but the bedded doe I hadn't seen behind him stood up and they trotted away.

I saw more deer yesterday, but this has been a very frustrating year so far. I've had freak thinks like helicopters roll over the top of me low enough to read the numbers as a deer was coming in, I've had a poaching neighbor shoot deer 3-4 days in a row on 1 farm, another has had the farmer trenching water lines and building fence....during the rutt....and another farm I went to last night, they were bailing corn stalks, burning fires all over the bottom.... I thought I'd be done by 10am with a work thing, but no.... It's just been one of those years so far. It'll be that much better when I punch the lungs out of Moby Buck.
i remember reading a story about a guy from excelsior springs that found a giant non-typical shed and hunted him for something like 4 years.
Got em in the end.
[Reply]
Fish 06:59 PM 11-14-2009
We got 48 roosters today. Hunting was great. And we saved the "good fields" for tomorrow.... so they say...

Getting ready to have a nice ribeye and a few beers. Then to the hot tub for some relaxation later...

Life is good...
[Reply]
philfree 08:04 PM 11-14-2009
Originally Posted by KC Fish:
We got 48 roosters today. Hunting was great. And we saved the "good fields" for tomorrow.... so they say...

Getting ready to have a nice ribeye and a few beers. Then to the hot tub for some relaxation later...

Life is good...
Awsome! I don't have any pics of my hunt yet. Whre did you hunt?

PhilFree
:-)
[Reply]
NewChief 08:20 PM 11-14-2009

Life is good...
Damn that's a nice hunt. Congratz! I'm jealous.
[Reply]
boogblaster 08:30 PM 11-14-2009
Nice hunt FISH ... Couple nice bucks have been taken here in SE Kansas, I heard both in the 180s .. Quail opened here today, haven't heard any thing on the population this year .. been slim pass few years ....
[Reply]
terheel23 09:08 PM 11-14-2009
I train pointing dogs in Oklahoma. I start with wing training @ 10 weeks and have pups pointing and retrieving @ 4 months. The most important command you teach a young pointing dog is the whoa command. Quial season opened in Oklahoma today and I shot a limit over 2 seven month old German Shorthairs today.
[Reply]
Duck Dog 10:43 PM 11-14-2009

Life is good...
SODak?
[Reply]
btlook1 12:38 AM 11-15-2009
Heres a pic my buddy got this last week on one of his cams...decent buck. He's hoping to see him while he's in his stand I'm sure.
Saw 2 cell phone pics of two huge bucks supposedly taken in this area the last couple of weeks...don't have them just saw them. I think it's the bucks someone else was talking about in this thread here in Southeast Ks. I hear one was taken just west of Yates Center and another down by Erie....
Attached: Picture 346.jpg (41.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:42 AM 11-15-2009
I didn't get to do anything on opening day because I spent all day on the fooking combine. :-)
[Reply]
philfree 02:46 AM 11-15-2009
Originally Posted by terheel23:
I train pointing dogs in Oklahoma. I start with wing training @ 10 weeks and have pups pointing and retrieving @ 4 months. The most important command you teach a young pointing dog is the whoa command. Quial season opened in Oklahoma today and I shot a limit over 2 seven month old German Shorthairs today.
I have a palce to stay over at Fort Supply. There's a big conservation area close to there. Will I find any birds there?

PhilFree:-)
[Reply]
Fish 06:36 AM 11-15-2009
Originally Posted by philfree:
Awsome! I don't have any pics of my hunt yet. Whre did you hunt?

PhilFree:-)
I'm in Colby, KS. Nasty snow storm rolled in last night though. It looks damn cold out there this morning...
[Reply]
Pioli Zombie 07:43 AM 11-15-2009
I'm in Colby, KS. Nasty snow storm rolled in last night though. It looks damn cold out there this morning...
Does your town make that yummy cheese?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 52 of 163
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Up