ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 163
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 09:55 AM 02-03-2005
Say Stumpy, did you get a chance yet to talk to your nephew yet about how much it would cost to have the cat stuffed?
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:57 AM 02-03-2005
Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
Say Stumpy, did you get a chance yet to talk to your nephew yet about how much it would cost to have the cat stuffed?
"Hey! Nice Beaver!"
"Thanks. I just had it stuffed yesterday."
[Reply]
yunghungwell 08:09 PM 08-29-2005
Thought that a few of you might like to know, we glassed the area that we bow hunt last Saturday night and saw a couple of pretty nice bucks. One was a nice 8 or maybe 10 pointer still in velvet. Of course that makes him look more massive, but still a nice deer. Only about a month until bow season starts here.
[Reply]
Duck Dog 08:30 PM 08-29-2005
Early goose season starts next week here. It's been a long 6 months.
[Reply]
jspchief 08:43 PM 08-29-2005
It's going to be a rough bow season for me. The last of the land I used to hunt has been sold for the development, and the new owners won't let me hunt it even though it won't be developed for years to come.

Looks like I'll be taking the year off unless something falls in my lap. Hunting ground is getting very tough to come by. Out of state hunters have brought in enough money that you can't find the farmers that will let you hunt their land for free (or maybe a bit of meat).

I have a feeling it won't be long before it's like Texas where if you don't own land, you're hunting on a damn game farm.
[Reply]
Duck Dog 08:50 PM 08-29-2005
Public lands can be gold mines for bow hunters. It's getting pretty bad in a lot of states, with all the hunting leases. I hunt 5 different states each year and I see it happening more and more. Lease or buy what you can now before it gets too expensive.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:54 PM 08-29-2005
Originally Posted by yunghungwell:
Thought that a few of you might like to know, we glassed the area that we bow hunt last Saturday night and saw a couple of pretty nice bucks. One was a nice 8 or maybe 10 pointer still in velvet. Of course that makes him look more massive, but still a nice deer. Only about a month until bow season starts here.
Thats good to know.......I'll be down to kill "him" in about 8 weeks.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 02:40 PM 09-07-2005
Missouri Bow season is gettin close. Been feeding outta plots and licks for 2.5 years now.
wish me luck.

But what i really wanna know is where can i get a majestic tree hound?
Or a hot sniffin hound in the SW mo area for coons?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

yuck it up.katty mother****ers.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 02:52 PM 09-07-2005
It's kinda hard to get excited about hunting with gas prices the way they are. It may be an interesting year for hunting with me doing things a bit differently - like taking off a couple of days in a row and doing some all day hunting and camping instead of driving back and forth to home every day (or twice a day).
[Reply]
Calcountry 02:56 PM 09-07-2005
Originally Posted by Duck Dog:
My favorite part of bird hunting. Great dog work makes for great times.
Take a supply of this Dog Roll food. Highly nutritious. The dog will think you are giving him steak.

Best part is you can cut it into baggies for easy packing.

http://http://www.naturalbalanceinc....s/DFRolls.html
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:18 PM 09-07-2005
A friend came in today with trail cam results.....with 1 suprise....small bucks, does, and a decent buck with a unicorn horn.......and about a 150lb Pig....Black and wild looking. Not sure if its an escaped domestic, or one of the russians that has been turned loose not far away, migrating a few miles.

Get those bows tuned and start shooting regularly.
[Reply]
bogie 03:42 PM 09-07-2005
Oh how badly I miss my home this time of year! :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:22 PM 09-30-2005
Iowa Bow season opens in the morning. I'm not hunting for another 2-3 weeks because of folaige and I want to wait for pre-rut.

In the mean time.....I've been working on a rustic table for my "man room"....the place I keep my guns, dead stuff, watch football and say dirty words.

Its made from a cable spool, 3" firm foam and canvas. I think it turned out alright.
Attached: manroomtable3.jpg (64.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Bowser 08:30 PM 09-30-2005
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Iowa Bow season opens in the morning. I'm not hunting for another 2-3 weeks because of folaige and I want to wait for pre-rut.

In the mean time.....I've been working on a rustic table for my "man room"....the place I keep my guns, dead stuff, watch football and say dirty words.

Its made from a cable spool, 3" firm foam and canvas. I think it turned out alright.
Yep, that definitely looks like man room material. Did Brideowanian give you the :-) when she saw it? And did you explain how easy it would be to clean up beer spills on it?
[Reply]
Bwana 08:36 PM 09-30-2005
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

Iowanian, I would be proud to sit in that room and drink numerous beers. :-)
[Reply]
Page 20 of 163
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Up