ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 163
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 11:31 AM 12-30-2004
wow,,I just knew I would see on this thread a picture of iowanian with his latest kill,,probably baby bunnys.
Missed that bullet didn't I :-)
[Reply]
KC Kings 11:39 AM 12-30-2004
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Baiting is illegal in Iowa.......... and I think Missouri and Nebraska also, isn't it?

Sitting in a tree stand might be boring for a kid.........Until the first time they sit still enough to have a deer standing close enough to spit on. A ground blind might work better with a kid.
Baiting is illegal in Missouri,,,,, but only two weeks before season starts.

This year I had just got done helping my Dad drag his 8 pointer up to the house, that he shot with a side by side .410, and I had been sitting in the stand about 30 minutes on the wooded edge of about 40 acres of thick cedars. I see a large doe and a small doe coming out the cedars about 50 yards away, and I bought 2 tags to start so I am ready to kill a doe. I watch them for about 10 minutes, slowly moving away from the cedars and eating when I hear what must have been a MONSTER buck coming out the cedars because he is making a ton of noise but the deers aren't spooked. I wait for him to come out and when he does, he turns out to be a dozen turkeys. The turkeys come out around the deer, and get so close to the smallest doe that the doe stomps at a hen. The big doe gets spooked and the smaller doe is looking right at me getting ready to bolt, so I decide to shoot. I am using a 30-30 iron sights, and as soon as I pull the trigger the doe turns to run, so the shot barely missed the should, ran right through the guts and out its buttocks, and she bolts into the cedars. Being the loyal conservationist that I am, and knowing that I am alone in the woods, I emtied my gun John Wayne style trying for a bonus turkey. I didn't hit a turkey but I did leave a nice collection of spent casings around the stand which provided hours of jokes after my Dad and Bro saw them.

I waited about 20 minutes to look for the deer so as not to push her deeper into the cedars, and she only ran about 100 yards deep. When I get up to her she is still alive, and pretty pathetic looking, so I put another shot in the back of her head from about 10 yards away. The direct head shot didn't kill her, and now she is kicking and frothing so I ran up and shot straight down her back into her heart which does the trick. I start to field dress her, and I go to cut around the anus and to my surpise she has a little pair of balls. Not only did I waste my buck tag on a button buck that might have dressed at 65 pounds, I gut shot him, the third and final shot ruined half of the tenderloin, and I have to drag him out of a hundred yards of cedar trees so thick you can't see 10 feet in front of you. It was a great hunt and allthough I didn't let him hunt with us, my 4 year old son came out with us for the weekend. It was pretty neat watching him walk around proud all weekend because he was one of the guys.

That was my only deer this year, and 2 hours later out of the same tree stand, my brother shot a nice size doe that was probably the bigger one a saw, and she still had milk in her teats. I have heard stories about milk and my uncle shot a doe with twins during rifle season about 5 years ago. But I had never seen that in person.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 11:42 AM 12-30-2004
ha ha,check it out phob,,I am not the only commatard on the loose
[Reply]
PastorMikH 09:55 AM 01-02-2005
Baiting was illegal in Missouri when I left there in 97. You could leave out mineral or salt blocks but no food.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 09:56 AM 01-02-2005
Originally Posted by chiefs4me:
ha ha,check it out phob,,I am not the only commatard on the loose

You're trolling the hunting thread now? Don't make me pull out some video of a prairie dog exploding.

:-)
[Reply]
4th and Long 09:58 AM 01-02-2005
Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
You're trolling the hunting thread now? Don't make me pull out some video of a prairie dog exploding.

I dare ya. :-)
[Reply]
4th and Long 09:58 AM 01-02-2005
In fact, I double prarie dog dare ya! :-)
[Reply]
PastorMikH 10:06 AM 01-02-2005
Originally Posted by 4th and Long:
I dare ya. :-)

The ONLY thing keeping me is that the videos are on 8mm format and I need to mess with vid-capturing them first. I do have a wonderful shot of two dogs sitting on the mound, then suddenly one explodes to the right and the other is launched about 6 feet before falling to the left of the mound.

[Reply]
4th and Long 10:54 AM 01-02-2005
Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
The ONLY thing keeping me is that the videos are on 8mm format and I need to mess with vid-capturing them first. I do have a wonderful shot of two dogs sitting on the mound, then suddenly one explodes to the right and the other is launched about 6 feet before falling to the left of the mound.

Are you sure you're a preacher? :-)

[Reply]
chiefs4me 12:08 PM 01-02-2005
Yes I am trolling the hunting thread,,Iowanian likes to show me his latest kill. Although I am kinda worried something got him this time. As he has been gone for a few days.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:09 PM 01-02-2005
Originally Posted by chiefs4me:
Yes I am trolling the hunting thread,,Iowanian likes to show me his latest kill. Although I am kinda worried something got him this time. As he has been gone for a few days.
Are you saying you want to see Iowanians meat? :-)
[Reply]
BigVE 03:01 PM 01-02-2005
<<<< [Reply]
chiefs4me 03:23 PM 01-02-2005
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Are you saying you want to see Iowanians meat? :-)

Well if he wants to post a picture on the board,,sure :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 05:08 PM 01-02-2005
You are a fargin Stalker,,,

No Iowani-dong for you.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 05:18 PM 01-02-2005
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
You are a fargin Stalker,,,

No Iowani-dong for you.

[Reply]
Page 16 of 163