ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 163
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
bogie 12:36 PM 12-03-2004
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Well, like I said, chances of seeing one like this again are virtually nill.

Check it out: (sorry the first is pretty dark...)
Nice! How exciting it must have been to see it on the hoof. Good job. Our farm does not have proper crops to encourage large racks. The bucks we're taking seem to be getting bigger every year though. Maybe next year.
[Reply]
Iowanian 01:40 PM 12-03-2004
I'd suggest you plant some FoodPlots...corn, sorgum etc.....and make some "natural mineral deposits.
[Reply]
jspchief 01:53 PM 12-03-2004
I've been lucky in that I've seen a lot of pretty nice bucks in my days.

Here's the first one I ever took with a bow. When we cut the heart out, it had three clean broadhead cuts right through the center. I'm a frickin dead-eye (or lucky).
Attached: deer641.jpg (19.9 KB) 
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:56 PM 12-03-2004
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
You need to look into your state and local deer management laws,acouple years of land conservation can do wonders for the type of deer you kill.
Hmm.

Well, I know that Nebraska Game and Parks is pretty into land conservation, in fact the deer I shot was on CRP land (open to the public.) I've seen plenty of nice 4X4 or 6X6 bucks, but never a 10 pointer like that. There is also some Indian Reservation land to the north where racks like these are common...unfortunately I'm not an Indian... :-)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:00 PM 12-03-2004
Originally Posted by jspchief:
I've been lucky in that I've seen a lot of pretty nice bucks in my days.

Here's the first one I ever took with a bow. When we cut the heart out, it had three clean broadhead cuts right through the center. I'm a frickin dead-eye (or lucky).
Very nice!

ONe of these years, I should try the bow hunting. I've really only been hunting for about 6 years, so the thrill is still there with a rifle. And seriously, every deer I've taken in the last 3 years could have been easily taken with a bow, they were that close.
[Reply]
Iowanian 02:03 PM 12-03-2004
15 yards, standing broadside upwind.........with clear shooting lanes isn't even always an easy shot with a bow.

The Monster I saw 2 fridays ago.....and we're talking "iowanian getting paid" monster..........was a pretty easy 50 yard shot with a shotgun...........but unthinkable for a responsible hunter with a bow.

I hope I see that bastage in the morning..........
[Reply]
philfree 02:07 PM 12-03-2004
A friend of mines wife brought home a 15 pointer this year. In SW MO! That's a monster deer for these parts. She's a conservation agent and she busted the guy for shooting the deer from the road. I bet he's still sick to his stomach.

PhilFree :-)
[Reply]
jspchief 02:14 PM 12-03-2004
My Father-in-law shot this one a week after I got mine, thunder-stealin' bastard. At least he blew his back out dragging him out.:-)
Attached: 102-0219_IMG.JPG (82.4 KB) 
[Reply]
yunghungwell 02:31 PM 12-03-2004
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Very nice!

ONe of these years, I should try the bow hunting. I've really only been hunting for about 6 years, so the thrill is still there with a rifle. And seriously, every deer I've taken in the last 3 years could have been easily taken with a bow, they were that close.
I have bow hunted for 4 years now and haven't harvested a deer, but there still isn't any other type of hunting that I have done that compares to bow hunting. You really get in tune with the timber and the deer.

All that aside, I have a "Rambo" belt full of 12 ga. slugs and a Remington 1100 that won't be too concerned with being in tune with the timber this weekend. It is now time to throw lead at those whitetail infidels.
[Reply]
Iowanian 02:37 PM 12-03-2004
Yung..........I'll tie one to a tree for you tonight.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 02:45 PM 12-03-2004
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Yung..........I'll tie one to a tree for you tonight.
Did you get the cows fed?:-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 02:48 PM 12-03-2004
I'd imagine you're still hungry.........but I probably won't put out the silage until milking time....If I can ever get the heads stomped on all these kittens.

As soon as Granny gets done darnin my socks, I'll hitch up the team and go get you a bale.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 03:13 PM 12-03-2004
I am awful tired of that dam hay,,,,I think I'll take some corn. oh yea it's awfully cold out here can I have a blanket?
[Reply]
Bwana 04:23 PM 12-03-2004
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
The Iowania DNR often contends that there are no Mountain lions in Iowa(though admit a couple of confirmed sightings). This picture came from a trail cam of a friend, of a friend(its legit).

I thought it was cool so thought I would share.
Hey, You can have a few of ours if you need more? :-)
[Reply]
bogie 04:55 PM 12-03-2004
Originally Posted by jspchief:
My Father-in-law shot this one a week after I got mine, thunder-stealin' bastard. At least he blew his back out dragging him out.:-)
WOW, WOW, WOW. What I would give to see that walk up to my stand!
[Reply]
Page 14 of 163
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up