ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 163
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:54 AM 09-16-2004
Yeah, I thought about pheasent hunting, because there is so much walking involved. Boredom is my biggest concern. I'm sure he has a picture in his mind of sitting out there for 10 minutes and then killing a deer. I can just hear him telling me that his butt hurts from sitting, or that he's cold or whatever. Then we're stuck out there.

He's definately not afraid of a dead deer. I bring mine home and he helps me skin and butcher it, so I don't think field dressing it would be a problem.

Your'e right. An afternoon hunt would be in order, or take him out for some pheasant first.

Thanks all for the input. I've got a few ideas now. Thanks again!

...now all I need to do is turn him into a Chiefs fan. His mother is a Broncos fan, so dammit if she didn't turn him against me. But, that's an ENTIRELY different thread.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:24 PM 10-12-2004
The Iowania DNR often contends that there are no Mountain lions in Iowa(though admit a couple of confirmed sightings). This picture came from a trail cam of a friend, of a friend(its legit).

I thought it was cool so thought I would share.
Attached: MountainLiontrailcam.jpg (66.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 05:41 PM 10-12-2004
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
The Iowania DNR often contends that there are no Mountain lions in Iowa(though admit a couple of confirmed sightings). This picture came from a trail cam of a friend, of a friend(its legit).

That's a kick ass pic. I've always wanted to buy one of those cams.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:25 PM 10-12-2004
if someone wants to donate some jerky for me let me know
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 07:51 PM 10-12-2004
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I want to be 100% certain that I kill the cat. Po-tat-toes don't gay-ron-tee that end...
You say Po-tat-oh, I say 12 gauge #4 shot.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 08:00 PM 10-12-2004
The latest Mauser build in .257 Ackley Improved is getting really close. The stock has it's second coat of finish and outside of minor details, all of metal work is done. Threw the action into another stock today and went out and fire-formed some brass. I'm looking forward to using it on deer, coyotes, and hogs this winter.
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:48 AM 10-13-2004
I have to disclaim..............It has been brought to my attention by my buddy in the DNR, that the Pic I posted of the cougar is a hoax......or at least wasn't taken where I was lead to believe it was.

Upon further review, I think its a mule deer anyway.

my bad.
[Reply]
Duck Dog 07:22 AM 10-14-2004
Some pics from this past weekend, slayin' ducks up by SoDak
5 hunter limit

[Reply]
Duck Dog 07:23 AM 10-14-2004
More of the same
[Reply]
Duck Dog 07:23 AM 10-14-2004
Day three

[Reply]
Duck Dog 07:25 AM 10-14-2004
Best pic of the weekend goes to a friends dad, who blew this bw teal in half. Nothing better than a good clean kill shot. This little duck was turned into coyote bait.

[Reply]
Bill Lundberg 08:42 PM 10-27-2004
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

I call BS unless Iowa all of a sudden have Mule Deer as well... That Deer has a black tail. It is a cool pic though.
[Reply]
Iowanian 02:52 PM 12-02-2004
Missouri Deer season has passed........Iowa Shotgun starts this saturday..........and I've heard No bragging?

I don't have a pic yet, but I did get a 9 point with the bow...Nothing huge, half the tines broke off on one side, but it did have 8-10" brow tines.

I hope to be posting a picture of a Monster Monday.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:55 PM 12-02-2004
no ducks down here yet - this season has sukkked
[Reply]
Iowanian 02:57 PM 12-02-2004
The day I got my bow tag filled.....I'd sat in the rain for quite a while and was getting cold..........to the left of me, 50 yards, I saw the BigBoy we've all been after.....he crossed the creek and had 2 ways to go...right to me or away..Of course he went the other way..........Probably heard my heart thumping in my throat.............. Hit the Grunt a few times to coax him back, and this one came in.

I'd prefer a shot at him with a bow, but I won't be sad if he'll stand broadside at 20 yards in front of my Winchester either.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 163
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up