ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 43
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:34 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Fisher was a 1 overall. Lets not act like Andy doesn't like fatties.
It's the one and only time in his entire career he spent a 1st rounder on an OL and let's face it, it was a horrible draft. Fisher was practically the only guy there worth that pick and even he needed a few years to develop.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:36 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's the one and only time in his entire career he spent a 1st rounder on an OL and let's face it, it was a horrible draft. Fisher was practically the only guy there worth that pick and even he needed a few years to develop.
There was that 25 year old OG Andy drafted when he was with the Eagles
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:37 PM 11-16-2020
Nah you dont get to say Reid wont draft an OL high then use Fisher as an outlier.

He was considered a project by most analyst. Its not like he was a lock by any means. It showed he was ready to protect his other investment which was Smith.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:37 PM 11-16-2020
Ok, let me restate my position - NO I do not expect our 1st 3 picks to be OL - I know that is not going to happen and is ridiculous. Yes, WR or DB or the like is expected. BUT, I am expecting somewhere in the draft that the OL MUST be addressed UNLESS, it can be addressed in free agency. which COULD be unlikely. We shall see. I am merely wanting to keep our $500 million player protected for the long haul.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:37 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
There was that 25 year old OG Andy drafted when he was with the Eagles
Yeah, in 2011, he took 26 year old former firefighter Danny Watkins.

The dude was an epic disaster and was out of the league in less than 3 years.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:39 PM 11-16-2020
Nah you dont get to say Reid wont draft an OL high then use Fisher as an outlier.

He was considered a project by most analyst. Its not like he was a lock by any means. It showed he was ready to protect his other investment which was Smith.
Fisher WAS the outlier. Reid ran the drafts in Philly from 1999-2012 and never once took an offensive tackle.

He drafted two guards in the first round during his tenure.

Watkins was taken at #23 in 2011 and Reid was fired at the end of the 2012 season.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:42 PM 11-16-2020
It showed he was ready to protect his other investment which was Smith.
:-)

No, it did not.

The Chiefs had a better than average Left Tackle already on the roster in Brandon Albert.

Fisher had the most upside of any player in the Top 10 of that shitty draft and Reid nailed it.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:42 PM 11-16-2020
1.1 and BPA is a fatty, because Chiefs. I don’t miss those years. At all.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:43 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Fisher WAS the outlier. Reid ran the drafts in Philly from 1999-2012 and never once took an offensive tackle.

He drafted two guards in the first round during his tenure and Watkins was taken at #23 in 2011 and Reid was fired at the end of the 2012 season.
So Reid drafted Watkins, 2 Guards, and Fisher in the 1st round and traded a 1st for Jason Peters and this is evidence he doesn't use high picks on the OL?

I mean I dont know how many 1st round picks he has had but Im guessing thats around 25% of them considering he has likely traded away a few over the years on top of the one for Peters.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:43 PM 11-16-2020

Once is 21 years IS an outlier. It's the definition of "outlier".

Furthermore, Eric Fisher plays LT, the only premiere position on the offensive line.

People want a high-round pick spent on the interior OL. It's not going to happen.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:44 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Ok, let me restate my position - NO I do not expect our 1st 3 picks to be OL - I know that is not going to happen and is ridiculous. Yes, WR or DB or the like is expected. BUT, I am expecting somewhere in the draft that the OL MUST be addressed UNLESS, it can be addressed in free agency. which COULD be unlikely. We shall see. I am merely wanting to keep our $500 million player protected for the long haul.
I would imagine you'll see one or two IOL taken in the later rounds, like pretty every year since Reid has been here.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:46 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

No, it did not.

The Chiefs had a better than average Left Tackle already on the roster in Brandon Albert.

Fisher had the most upside of any player in the Top 10 of that shitty draft and Reid nailed it.
So Reid did pick a fatty for upside. This doesn't help your point and the pick was highly criticized so he wasn't a lock.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:46 PM 11-16-2020
Once is 21 years IS an outlier. It's the definition of "outlier".

Furthermore, Eric Fisher plays LT, the only premiere position on the offensive line.

People want a high-round pick spent on the interior OL. It's not going to happen.
Once in 21 years is patently false. See above.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:50 PM 11-16-2020
So Reid did pick a fatty for upside. This doesn't help your point and the pick was highly criticized so he wasn't a lock.
I don't give a fucking shit if it was "highly criticized" and neither did Andy Reid.

Good fucking God, Reid was "criticized" for taking Mahomes early, too.

And for the record, I was one of the few that felt Fisher had a huge upside and just needed some time to increase his strength and develop.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:54 PM 11-16-2020
So Reid drafted Watkins, 2 Guards, and Fisher in the 1st round and traded a 1st for Jason Peters and this is evidence he doesn't use high picks on the OL?

I mean I dont know how many 1st round picks he has had but Im guessing thats around 25% of them considering he has likely traded away a few over the years on top of the one for Peters.
Did you even fucking look at the link I provided?

He took two mid-to-late first round guards, Shawn Andrews in 2004 and Danny Watkins in 2011.

Just because he traded a 1st round pick, in 2009, 11 years after taking over the Eagles, doesn't mean that he had a proclivity to take offensive lineman early.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 43
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up